Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05/26/14, 09:23 PM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Power Rangers coming to the movies

It was reported a few weeks back by variety and many other sources that Saban Brands has made a deal with Lionsgate to bring Power Rangers back to the big screen. On a side, Saban Brands has also created a film studio to aquire destribution rights for already made films to be released.

I think its awesome. I thought 5 years ago that there would one day be a big budget pr film. Transformers really made me think this. Its only natural to take advantage of 90s nostalgia and come up with a new way to sell toys. Especially with all the super hero film toylines they have to compete with. Should be exciting to see. It appears to be an MMPR reboot. Which I feel is for the best.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/27/14, 09:47 PM   #2
mbozzo
Power Ranger

Default Re: Power Rangers coming to the movies

Maybe, Lionsgate should do a origin story where different kids told different origins for the Power Rangers. In one story, they are ancient warriors woken up from their centuries long nap when Rita was released from her prison. In another story, they are aliens from another planet who came to Earth to save it from Rita Replusa. It could ended when one or more former Power Rangers revealed that they were listening to the stories and won't reveal which one is true, although they found the stories to be enjoyable.
mbozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/29/14, 12:35 PM   #3
Zabitan
Administrator

That's cool I was going to start a thread about it but I spaced it.

As for what I want to see that depends since there's what I want to see, and what I'm realistically expecting.

Like if it was me making it, and I had $200 million I would just make a fast food version of Season One where Day of the Dumpster, and Green with Evil are the first act, Green Candle is the second act, and Doomsday, and Return of an old Friend mixed together as the third act.

And then if it makes $400 million I make movies for the other seasons up until In Space.

Realistically speaking though I'm thinking something like Day of the Dumpster, and Green with Evil as the first movie, and then if there's a sequel it would be Green Candle, and Doomsday, and maybe Return of an old Friend.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/29/14, 12:46 PM   #4
MattEmily
Administrator

My main feeling with it is I'm not at all entirely happy about it because it's going to be a reboot. Doesn't Hollywood have enough of those already?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbozzo View Post
Maybe, Lionsgate should do a origin story where different kids told different origins for the Power Rangers. In one story, they are ancient warriors woken up from their centuries long nap when Rita was released from her prison. In another story, they are aliens from another planet who came to Earth to save it from Rita Replusa. It could ended when one or more former Power Rangers revealed that they were listening to the stories and won't reveal which one is true, although they found the stories to be enjoyable.
that does sound like an interesting idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabitan View Post
That's cool I was going to start a thread about it but I spaced it.

As for what I want to see that depends since there's what I want to see, and what I'm realistically expecting.

Like if it was me making it, and I had $200 million I would just make a fast food version of Season One where Day of the Dumpster, and Green with Evil are the first act, Green Candle is the second act, and Doomsday, and Return of an old Friend mixed together as the third act.
That's what I would do as well but with some liberties. Like for example I would still have Rita kidnap Tommy and cast an evil spell over him but as a kind of twist I would change things so that while Tommy is still adopted, he is actually an alien that was born from Goldar and Scorpina... and yes, I would have Goldar and Scorpina as a married couple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabitan View Post
And then if it makes $400 million I make movies for the other seasons up until In Space.

Realistically speaking though I'm thinking something like Day of the Dumpster, and Green with Evil as the first movie, and then if there's a sequel it would be Green Candle, and Doomsday, and maybe Return of an old Friend.
I just wonder how they would do the zords though... since I don't want to see CGI for Tyrannosaurus Dinozord, Dragonzord, Megazord or Megadragonzord, don't like how that looks. Toei's attempt at it with using CGI to put Tyrannosaurus in a battle is awful.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/29/14, 08:14 PM   #5
Zabitan
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
My main feeling with it is I'm not at all entirely happy about it because it's going to be a reboot. Doesn't Hollywood have enough of those already?

that does sound like an interesting idea.

That's what I would do as well but with some liberties. Like for example I would still have Rita kidnap Tommy and cast an evil spell over him but as a kind of twist I would change things so that while Tommy is still adopted, he is actually an alien that was born from Goldar and Scorpina... and yes, I would have Goldar and Scorpina as a married couple.

I just wonder how they would do the zords though... since I don't want to see CGI for Tyrannosaurus Dinozord, Dragonzord, Megazord or Megadragonzord, don't like how that looks. Toei's attempt at it with using CGI to put Tyrannosaurus in a battle is awful.

1)That sounds cool.

2)I hear you if I could I would want to do puppets, and guys in suits too. Though nowadays even cheapo movies use CGI I do think that Dinobots from the new Transformers movie, and Godzilla from the Garth Ennis movie look cool maybe they'll do something like that.
Old 05/29/14, 08:47 PM   #6
MattEmily
Administrator

Actually the zords weren't ever technically puppets, they were either models, suits or CGI.
Old 05/29/14, 08:58 PM   #7
Zabitan
Administrator

Huh I always thought the non humanoid robots where puppets.
Old 05/29/14, 09:12 PM   #8
MattEmily
Administrator

Nope, just models (higher class toys) that are linked to wires or other things. So it''s not the same thing as puppetry like in comparison to using a Dummy like a ventriloquist would or like for example the performers that do the Muppets from either Sesame Street or even Disney's Muppets.
Post New ThreadReply