Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 08/19/16, 02:26 PM   #31
Radtraxx
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Can we expect more ToQger elements in Ninja Steel?

Don't forget about Master Orgs origins (See DaiRanger)
Radtraxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/20/16, 02:26 PM   #32
CHPower
Putty Patroller

I really liked the monsters of Toqger and the political in fighting and I think that could really work with their games idea
CHPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/20/16, 02:26 PM   #33
Jus1995
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHPower View Post
I really liked the monsters of Toqger and the political in fighting and I think that could really work with their games idea
Agreed. Hell, you could do something similar to Grimlord's army with the Generals.
Jus1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/20/16, 02:26 PM   #34
OmniMystechRanger
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjranger View Post
With the ranger suits usually newly made for the series from what I know, I wonder if they could create multiple Shadow ToQger suits so that maybe they will be evil rangers at first but turns into "regular ToQgers" later on.
Or they could do the powerrangersmegaforce/supermegaforce idea an give the rangers the train powers plus ninninger power! An GoBusters ones if they want!
OmniMystechRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/20/16, 02:26 PM   #35
mbozzo
Power Ranger

Having more ToQger elements in Ninja Steel seem to be a good idea. It might led to a ToQger type Power Rangers movie from Saban or Liongate.
mbozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/09/18, 05:33 PM   #36
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilspacewhale View Post
You are probably looking at that title and thinking; ”No.” and perhaps "We never got Go-Busters elements in Dino Charge so nah" But hear me out, I’ve got a theory on what I think might happen in Ninja Steel. Lots of pictures incoming!

So we all know the deal; Saban buys a show and adapts it into a season of Power Rangers. When Saban buys a show it’s a package deal; Toei gives them the footage, all of the suits (ranger and monster), as well as props. I posted something like this the other day, but today I finally decided to analyze this deeper and more thoroughly. Before I get into Ninja Steel, i’ll go through Power Rangers’ past.

Let’s look at Mighty Morphin season 1. They had Zyuranger stuff.

Mighty Morphin season 2, they introduced Dairanger footage and monsters, but didn't use any of the main team’s suits aside from Kibaranger. Season 2 also used props from Dairanger
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/...20100705213914
http://rangerarchive.com/Dai/DaiRang...%20Bazooka.jpg
As we all know, the Aura Changer was not used in Mighty Morphin, but years later in Lost Galaxy as the morpher for the Magna Defender

Mighty Morphin season 3, Kakuranger footage was introduced as well as monsters. Kaku suits were used but not for the main team. The Shark Machines were used, known as the Shark Cycles.
http://www.morphinlegacy.com/wp-cont...ark-Cycles.jpg

Now kitbashing is another topic. Reusing suits is nothing new to Power Rangers. As I mentioned before, once Saban gets access to the Sentai, they get all of the stuff that comes with it. But that doesn't outright mean they have to use the suits as intended. Some suits were used, some were torn apart and frankensteined with fellow suits. Furio originated from Megaranger’s final villain that was not used for In Space, but Lost Galaxy instead as it’s own character.

One character from Carranger in particular was a parody of Mazinger Z, and wasn't used in the show most likely due to copyrights. However, the suit appeared in Turbo but repainted and kitbashed with another monster suit.
https://imgur.com/4Sd3m9X
https://i.gyazo.com/ffd1f195af82797a...c3ea352013.png

If Saban has access to this unused monster suit, I believe that’s good enough proof that they pretty much get EVERYTHING from the Sentai show they buy from.

Here we have Boribaru. This guy was from Timeranger vs GoGoFive and was not used at all in Time Force. However, his body was used in SPD for a minor character.
http://rangerarchive.com/Specials/Ti...rboxer%202.jpg
http://i1.wp.com/www.morphinlegacy.c...size=404%2C303
Pierrebori was used in Time for Lightspeed, the Time Force and Lightspeed Rescue team up. Said episode did not use any footage from Sentai.
http://rangerarchive.com/Reunion/Lig...,%20Ransik.jpg

And finally, we have our good friend Snide. Neo Geildon was used in Kyoryuger vs Go-Busters as a villain. I believe that rather than buying the footage of the movie (because at this point, it seems very unlikely that they have), they just bought Neo Geildon’s suit and props. Unless, the suit came along with all the Kyoryuger stuff. Chip saw potential in Neo Geildon, so they decided to use him. His axe was repurposed into a sword, and his shield is gone, possibly to remove ties to Zeltrax?

Now what does this mean for ToQger? Since they are using the Baron Nero suit, I believe they can use any suit from ToQger. But the questions are; Will they use more, and how would they fit the story? Baron Nero was probably picked because of his design. He just SCREAMS gameshow host. But will they use more? Here’s my speculation;

Unless Ninja Steel has a mentor character like Ninninger, I highly doubt that the Gold ranger will be the same. As Chip mentioned before, if he sees a plot point from Sentai and it works with the show, he will use it. One could argue that Heckyl is inspired by Enter from Go-Busters (although it could be a strange string of coincidences, but seeing how Chip is a fan of the show it could be likely)

I think that Zaram is the perfect fit for the Gold ranger. You’ve got Galvanax sending down contestants to Earth to challenge the Rangers and steal the Ninja Crystals. When we look at ToQger, Zaram was a Shadow Monster sent to Earth to collect darkness from humans. After realizing the beauty of the world through a rainbow, he left the Shadow Line and helped the ToQgers. Chip can pretty much reuse that storyline for the Gold ranger. In my eyes, that’s one of the twists that Chip loves to do. Using something from ToQger, as well as introducing a new story to Power Rangers (having a monster transform into a Ranger).

Then there’s Zed. Back when we first got the synopsis of Ninja Steel, I had faint hope that “Zircon” was going to be Zed. Of course, he ended up being Gengetsu Kibaoni but the usage of Baron Nero opens the possibility that this can happen. I don't think they will use Galvanax in the second half of Ninja Steel. To spice things up, they can use Zed as the new villain. The Rangers can kill of Galvanax, but who will be the new champion of the Galaxy Warriors? A new character can take his spot, much like how Sledge and Heckyl swapped places.

Of course, this Ninja Steel talk is all speculation and I could be totally off the mark. It’s also late, so sorry if I repeat several phrases over and over. What do you guys think?
true they could and while it'd be cool if they did I wouldn't be expecting it but I think you're a bit misinformed since while it is mostly a package deal they still don't get every suit they never had Greenzilla in Dino Charge and generally they don't send them mecha suits but if it's something they want they probably would but the suits are generally rentals that they have to pay for and if there are ones they want to keep they have to pay for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRDK View Post
I am quite surprised they used the Neo Geildon suit at all. Unlike its former EP, Chip knows that fans are going to recognize the suit and its potential ties to a former character. The suit is cool looking though.
true about the suit but I doubt he was aware of its ties to a Dino Thunder character remember he didn't work on the show so he wouldn't know anything about Zeltrax or any of those villains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankh Primo View Post
Just gives us Z's monster form. That's all I ask.
who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tavionjackson View Post
They could replace all the main villians in Ninninger with the Toqger ones honestly. Even Kyuemon to some degree. He didn't become more active until the second half, so having him as a late addition to the game or even a new threat to the ninja steel that's not Galvanax could work.
they wouldn't have done that.

Quote:
I do like that suit so I hope we see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowWolf25 View Post
Since they resemble Nero, they might use the Toqger footsoldiers as a second string.
I don't see the resemblance and I personally don't see it happening since it would require too much original footage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenotome View Post
Well the thing about using Nero here it's signifying that they're not going to be going back to Toqger for another series so it opens up a lot of possibilities and even potentially the scraps they could get from Go-Busters. Chip is obviously taking designs into the decision of what to include. There's no reason Neo Geildon or even Nero had to be used. It's all about expect the unexpected.
I completely agree with you granted we don't know how they got those suits. Were they just in the shipments and Chip happened to see those suits and decided to use them? or was he looking at the source material, saw the suits and asked his bosses to get the suits for him from Toei?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin_Lion View Post
In all fairness, while they didn't do it for Dino Super Charge, they did it for Super Mega Force.
no they didn't Megaforce just had Goseiger suits and Gokaiger just had Goseiger and Gokaiger suits.

Quote:
Because they didn't even bother to buy the Go-Busters stuff. It's that simple. Did you read the first post?
exactly Go-Busters obviously wasn't bought but that doesn't mean their suits couldn't have been mixed in with Goseiger suit shipments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjranger View Post
I wonder if they can get the Darkliner Megazord suits as the elite foot soldiers or Vivizord-like for Megazord battles. I am not sure how they could edit it with Ninninger footage, because I am not sure if the main Megazord suit is available too unless they go full CGI on those battles.
I would imagine they could get any suit they want if it's in good enough condition to be shipped over but I really don't see them requesting mecha suits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radtraxx View Post
Don't forget about Master Orgs origins (See DaiRanger)
what about him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbozzo View Post
Having more ToQger elements in Ninja Steel seem to be a good idea. It might led to a ToQger type Power Rangers movie from Saban or Liongate.
yea it does seem like a good idea but a movie wouldn't be happening.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/10/18, 08:15 PM   #37
Kimberly Hart
Power Ranger

It would have cool if the adapted it was like MMPR where only the suits were the same. But I doubt they produced it like that.
Kimberly Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/11/18, 11:55 AM   #38
Hexagon's Revenge
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly Hart View Post
It would have cool if the adapted it was like MMPR where only the suits were the same. But I doubt they produced it like that.
I wouldn't expect them to go that far. We know if they did by now
Hexagon's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/11/18, 11:56 AM   #39
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

I wouldn't expect anything major. Probably a few small things here and there.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply