Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/19/14, 10:40 PM   #1
rad rock
Putty Patroller

Default Has this been discussed before?

I've been looking to see if it has before I write this. As a power ranger version of Gobusters has been skipped (I've no idea why. It was awesome!), and a power ranger version of Kyoryuger is being made instead (probably because collecting cards and keys was popular and now batteries might be popular as well), do you think that ToQger will be made into a power rangers because of collecting those little trains?

Also, if they do make it, do you think the show would be similar or completely different to ToQger? I would like to think it is a possibility but I would like to read the opinions and thoughts and feelings of everyone else here as well.

I keep doing that thing SpongeBob does with his hands when he tells Squidward about the cardboard box. "Imagination" lo
rad rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/19/14, 10:45 PM   #2
AkiraLeeJounouchi
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Has this been discussed before?

Actually Judd said they was considering Go-Busters but the monster suits deteriorated over the years making it impossible to use now. However I do think PR should skip every other season now.
AkiraLeeJounouchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/19/14, 10:48 PM   #3
Red5
Putty Patroller

just hope they don't do hybrid seasons anymore. Skipping every other year would be okay. Unless there is a show that the honestly feel like they have to do, then I see no problem with skipping.

They can skip ToQger for Ninninger and skip senate's 40th anniversary for the 41st sentai. Just do all the odd years. With the Nick contract, this would be the best way to ensure the suits can all be used and to avoid hybrids (cause Megaforce and Super Megaforce showed that a hybrid season needs to be perfectly executed or it will be less than stellar)
Red5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/19/14, 10:49 PM   #4
AlwaysARanger
Putty Patroller

Same here red don't hybrid. I would only do that if we have similar enough themes going. Or do what they did for season 2 and 3. Take zord footage only and did original ground footage. But ya hybrid would be dumb to do with conflicting themes. Look how gosei to Gokai turned out. I still see no reason why they kept the gosei suits. We could have easily had a ninja powers zeo turbo to in space quest for new powers. Plot for the opening first 2 episodes.
AlwaysARanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/19/14, 10:50 PM   #5
Digifiend
Power Ranger

Anyway, I won't be surprised if Ninninger does get adapted in 2017. The Shuriken collectible renders the train collecting thing moot, and I can't see them passing up the chance for another ninja season. Bear in mind, doing Toqger would mean that Ninninger would be four years old by the time it comes around again, assuming the current 20 episodes a year format remains in place. So in 2019, they'll obviously do either the 2016 or 2017 Sentais.
Digifiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/19/14, 10:52 PM   #6
Mr. CD
Ranger In Training

Yeah it's been discuss. Also as I stress so many times, folks need to refrain from acting like there's now a precedent for Sentai series getting skipped there isn't one. Not until we know what's after Dino Supercharge.

But what if they run into a Sentai that's hard to work with?

Then you MAKE IT WORK. There has been plenty of times in the past where PR wanted to do something, the Sentai didn't give them it, but they still did it anyway:

"Make a space themed season out of a video game motif Sentai? Let's do it! The ship doesn't actually travel through space? Then we shoot footage of the ship flying around, tint a forest, and call it an alien planet, done!"
"Do another space themed season but out of a nature themed Sentai? Sure, who cares if the footage clashes with our story!"
"Make a season that's set in the future and features aliens running around? Hell yeah we'll do it, to the make-up department!"
"Do a season where the Rangers will be traveling around the world looking for artifacts? Of course, we'll just film in different parts of New Zealand, mock up some sets and in the Sentai footage we'll say it's another country!"
"It's the last season, let's make it set in a post-apocalyptic future where robots are trying to wipe out humanity! Oh wait, what we have to work with a goofy, comedy Sentai with talking robot cars? Let's do it any! It's going to take a lot of rehauling and will probably eat up the budget, but it'll be all worth it!"

Quit trying to take the easy way out Saban!
Mr. CD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/20/14, 03:36 PM   #7
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad rock View Post
I've been looking to see if it has before I write this. As a power ranger version of Gobusters has been skipped (I've no idea why. It was awesome!)
It was skipped because it had bad toy sales in Japan so Bandai didn't want to risk the same situation happening especially since it would have been a 2-year toy line. Also it didn't have as many gimmicks and it was a lot different compared to the usual Sentai season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss CD View Post
ah it's been discuss. Also as I stress so many times, folks need to refrain from acting like there's now a precedent for Sentai series getting skipped there isn't one. Not until we know what's after Dino Supercharge.
you're right there's no precedent for skipping a Sentai series, Saban may be able to do so but it's probably not just their own choice, it probably has to be a decision that is approved by them, Toei, Bandai of Japan and Bandai of America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss CD View Post
But what if they run into a Sentai that's hard to work with?

Then you MAKE IT WORK. There has been plenty of times in the past where PR wanted to do something, the Sentai didn't give them it, but they still did it
Very true but if Saban doesn't give them a lot of money for the budget then it's not going to be that easy to do a lot of that stuff that you cited as examples.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/20/14, 04:41 PM   #8
PRangerX
Administrator

Isn't bandai the one that usually bails them out? They paid for the Wild Rider sequence in "Forever Red", The Spirit Rangers, and I believe at least some of the battlizers.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/20/14, 07:56 PM   #9
MattEmily
Administrator

yes they are usually the ones that bail them out such as paying for Forever Red, paying for the Battlizers, Mega Battles, the exclusive Cycles and likely the exclusive mooks as well.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/20/14, 09:38 PM   #10
Turbo Guy
Power Ranger

Should have done a better job with the ending battle. Having the Wild Rider destory Surpenterra was stupid. They should have done a Megazord battle.
Turbo Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply