Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion > Kamen Rider Online

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 03/15/09, 02:10 PM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Default The problem with Trent, Lacy, and Aunt Grace

One problem with Trent, Lacy, and Aunt Grace is just the fact that they almost serve no purpose. I get that they are supposed to be comic releif. But they really don't have much to do most episodes. At least Trent and Lacy got some interesting stuff to do in the recent episodes.

This is very true about Aunt Grace. Who does even less then the other two. I guess its just bound to happen when you have so much going on. So its not a major problem.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/01/09, 07:23 AM   #2
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to PrimoPiccolo

Their primary use seems to be to give Maya a life outside the Kamen Rider stuff, so we have a world away from Kit's crappy apartment. Trent and Lacey'll probably play a bigger role once Xaviax catches on and just threatens people Kit and Len care about. Aunt Grace I don't know, since part of me still wants to believe Victoria Jackson has more going for her career than a bit part on a low-tier kids' show...
PrimoPiccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/01/09, 11:35 AM   #3
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

The problem with Maya, Trent, Lacy, and Aunt Grace is that they exist. They are completely unnecessary. At least Yui in Ryukki served a purpose she was bait and motivation for the characters.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/02/09, 02:29 AM   #4
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to PrimoPiccolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamen Rider Decade View Post
At least Yui in Ryukki served a purpose she was bait and motivation for the characters.
You really think Maya's not going to find herself in a world of trouble getting so close to JTC? Clearly that's the only reason Xaviax wants him around her.
PrimoPiccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/02/09, 08:50 AM   #5
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Yui's purpose as bait was there from the very beginning. It's the only reason why Knight was with her.

SPOILER ALERT for those who haven't seen Ryuki:
Yui's purpose as motivation was the only reason that story existed, if she hadn't died as a child her brother would never have opened up the portal to the Mirror World and created the Kamen Riders.
END OF SPOILERS

Maya on the other hand will serve as bait for Kit & Len temporarily but that can easily be filled by any Jane Doe. That is hardly a purpose or calls for having that moron on the show.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/17/09, 10:39 PM   #6
TokuNoob
Power Ranger

It doesn't help that the acting is subpar. Albeit, it's a kids' show, I just find those three characters to be annoying. But I suppose they need to act as though the show isn't just violence. And what's worse than that, is at least the character's featured briefly in the first episode at Kit's foster home, helped build upon Kit's character.
TokuNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/16/10, 10:43 PM   #7
Ignis
Power Ranger

Well I like them. They often have me lawling.
Ignis is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply