Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers Online Feedback And Requests

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 07/17/08, 12:47 PM   #1
NinjaRanger
Putty Patroller

Default Introduction: Ahoy!

Hey there PR fans! Fair warning: I can be long-winded, especially with intros. Haha!

The name is Dustin. I'm 21 and live in Kennesaw, GA, USA. I grew up watching MMPR and "grew out of it" right before Zeo. In high school, I decided that I didn't care about image or growing up, so I tossed it all out the window and proudly watched PR and Ninja Turtles. All of my old stuff from when I was a kid was mine to enjoy once more. Oddly enough, I ended up being popular because of it. *shrug*

I was pretty die-hard set against all new incarnations of the Rangers. I thought nothing could compare to MMPR and anything else would just be stupid and painful to watch. I had surgery last Monday to have my deviated septum fixed (most painful thing EVER. oh my God.) and I had nothing to do for a week but lie on my sofa and pray for death. I picked up a few DVD's from the new seasons because I needed a laugh. I got two Dino Thunder, two SPD, and one "Best-Of" DVD. As much as I did hate to admit it.... THESE THINGS ARE SO FREAKING COOL!!! Oh my God! I'm addicted again. I even watched all 20 episodes of Jungle Fury on YouTube yesterday.

I think the strangest thing was watching Lightspeed Rescue because I've met Mike Chaturantabut a few times and I only knew him from seeing him at martial arts tournaments. I compete at the ISKA US Open World Martial Arts Championships every year and we've had some conversations, and I knew that he was a Ranger, but it was just so weird to actually SEE it. To see the guy that walks around casually at a tournament actually morphing... that was sweet. XD

So now my newfound obsession with Rangers has opened up a lot of new doors for me. I like doing cosplay, but I've only done it once before. I was a Spartan last year for Dragon*Con and will probably be doing it again this year. I REALLY wish I had the time to get a PR costume together (especially Omega Ranger!! or SPD, Ninja Storm or Dino Thunder) before D*Con. It's five weeks away, so I doubt I'll be able to. D: Unless anybody knows of a place to get the helmets? The helmet seems to be the most time-cosuming part. Heh, preferably a place to buy the full costume, actually.

I've been doing martial arts for 18 of my 21 years and it's my real passion, my love, my life. I've trained in Ninjutsu (Geijin Ryu and Bujinkan), Capoeira, Wushu and Muay Thai. I'm going to be taking private instruction in Tae Kwon Do soon as well to keep myself well-rounded. The Power Rangers helped to inspire me to keep training when I was a kid, so seeing all of this now just makes it so much more awesome. If I can find info on casting calls for the 2009 season, I'm definitely trying out! I'm already a performer by profession, so this would be like a dream come true. *heart flutters*

Yeah. I'm a dork. XD

NinjaRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/17/08, 01:47 PM   #2
red timeforce ranger
Power Ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to red timeforce ranger

welcome to rider power