Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 02/17/15, 06:13 PM   #11
Jen's Revenge
Power Ranger

This is why "Forever Red" has always bugged me. Way too many plotholes where we have to rely on fanon and alleged writer intent. Its like a glorified fan fic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
Amit used the fan film Scorpion Rain as the backstory for "Forever Red". In it Tommy and Kat face Serpenterra in Zeo Zord V. Surpenterra crashes on the moon.

I think sure they were just speaking in general about the Zeos defeating the Machine Empire in Zeo. Since they did. Even though they were finally defeated by Zordon's wave.
No offense ....But that is lame. How can I take an episode seriously that is bases off a fan film. "Scorpion Rain" is just a fan film designed to be a hoax for a Zeo series finalie. It should never have been used to make an episode of the show.
Jen's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/18/15, 11:48 AM   #12
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Ok of FOREVER RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Green Spandex View Post
Tommy was just a glory hog. And the other Rangers were to in awe of him to protest.
we get it already. You have a hatred of Tommy you don't need to bring your hatred of him up in every single thread that you post in it's getting extremely annoying.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/18/15, 11:50 AM   #13
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen's Revenge View Post
This is why "Forever Red" has always bugged me. Way too many plotholes where we have to rely on fanon and alleged writer intent. Its like a glorified fan fic.

No offense ....But that is lame. How can I take an episode seriously that is bases off a fan film. "Scorpion Rain" is just a fan film designed to be a hoax for a Zeo series finalie. It should never have been used to make an episode of the show.
I completely agree on both points and luckily they can't ever admit to it being based on a fan film.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/18/15, 12:57 PM   #14
No Green Spandex
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
we get it already. You have a hatred of Tommy you don't need to bring your hatred of him up in every single thread that you post in it's getting extremely annoying.
I haven't brought it up in a while. The thread about Tommy getting his powers back was nothing to do with my dislike for the character.
No Green Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/18/15, 01:06 PM   #15
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Gia To Remember View Post
Maybe the TJ in FR was actually Robot Ranger TJ? Who wasn't part of "Countdown To Destruction".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen's Revenge View Post

Most of the potholes can be explained through behind the scenes info and fan speculation. "Forever Red" was a one part episode. They didn't have tine to explicitly state every detail of why they got their powers back. The purpose of the episode was to celebrate 10 years of Power Rangers history. And it did just that.

Really we have seen since then that Ranger teams can get their powers back under the right circumstances. So its not that much of a stretch. It's also possible Surpenterra ended up on the moon at some point. If you want to throw out Scorpion Rain then maybe Zed and Rita hid it underground during Zeo.

I have no problem using a fan film as back story. Especially if it can be fit in the pru with people not needing to watch it to understand. Even if the fan film doesn't count its not a stretch for events similar to it to have happened at some point.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply