Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05/12/12, 12:46 PM   #1
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Power Rangers (Super) Samurai - "The Master Returns" Episode Discussion

Here's the discussion thread for today's new episode.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/15/12, 08:13 PM   #2
mbozzo
Power Ranger

Default Re: Power Rangers (Super) Samurai - "The Master Returns" Episode Discussion

'The Master Return' is a fair episode. Serrator has sent his plans in motion. The head villain chance coming to Earth to stop him. That seal must be weakening, if he was able to get to Earth, if it for a short time. He was able to injure Jayden before having to return to the Sando River. I also like that Bulk and Spike made an appearance in this episode. They meet Mentor, who remind them what happen to them on their last visit to the Samurai Ranger's hideout.
mbozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/16/12, 12:43 AM   #3
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Power Rangers (Super) Samurai - "The Master Returns" Episode Discussion

Yup, Bulk and Spike's interaction with Ji was hilarious not to mention him reminding them of their previous encounter at the Shiba House.

Also I don't believe the seal on Xandred is weakening. After all the ineffective Seal Symbol that was previously used on him is what caused him to dry out so quickly. It was interesting how he had to return to the Sanzu River so quickly because of his injuries though.
Old 05/17/12, 11:32 AM   #4
GreenRanger
Ranger In Training

So was this the last episode before summer break? If so, does this mean in the fall we get the wrap-up and then plunge into the Anniversary season?
GreenRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/17/12, 11:37 AM   #5
MattEmily
Administrator

It sounds like this was indeed the last new episode before the Summer hiatus. We're not going to see the anniversary season until 2013 no matter how Nick airs the rest of (Super) Samurai. The crew (so far just Iris Hampton) keeps on referring to the anniversary season as the 20th anniversary for a reason. They're considering 2013 the 20th anniversary since the series started in 1993.
Old 05/17/12, 12:01 PM   #6
GreenRanger
Ranger In Training

The series started August 28, 1993. saban wouldn't make us wait until the fall of 2013 would he? Start off with the Goseiger/Mega Force adaptation in January 2013 and then switch into Gokaiger in the fall?
Old 05/17/12, 02:36 PM   #7
MattEmily
Administrator

No, he wouldn't. (Super) Samurai will likely start up again in the Fall with the last batch of episodes then we'll probably go through November without a new episode, they'll air the (Super) Samurai Christmas episode in December and then go through January without a new epiosde and then start with the new team in February.
Old 05/17/12, 04:51 PM   #8
GreenRanger
Ranger In Training

Yeah, that sounds like Saban... ::(
Old 05/31/12, 11:38 AM   #9
Mad Dragon
Ranger In Training

If you want to go all technical with dates, then the anniversary year is really 2012 in August as you have to include the starting year itself.

But yeah.

We won't be getting any of the new season until 2013.

Like MattEmily said, They'll just go on hiatus, come back 3-4 months later, air the last quarter of the episodes and a few specials and that will be it. Then possibly soon after new year, they'll start airing the new season. It's all pretty much a given I would assume. Even though it's a good 3/4 of a year away, we're all really to the point where we begin to speculate about the actual specifics of the new season and how it will run.

On the topic at hand, I haven't really followed since the 2nd episode of SS, but whats his name really finally got up and did something? He really is just coming across as lazy and pathetic and possibly the worst villain in recent memory? With Shinkenger, Doukoku essentially did the same thing (sat around and drank medicine until about episode 45-46 in the season), but he at least didn't seem like he just sat around for the point of doing nothing. From what I saw from the 2 SS eps, Serrator appears and basically becomes the boss... Am I correct here?

I will have to really catch up at some point... Just haven't got enough time lately to do that though. =P I feel stupid offering an opinion when I haven't seen it but.... oh well =/

Also, I'm pretty sure it hasn't occured yet, but I want to see what he does with Dayu at the end.. Shinkenger has an interesting twist for her at the end, and I want to see if Saban Brands will carry through with it.
Mad Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/31/12, 01:01 PM   #10
MattEmily
Administrator

How do you figure that? The series started airing in August of 1993. That is
typically how U.S. Shows refer to anniversaries. They don't refer to when
they started production of the show or even the pilot.

Also you're right with pretty much everything and the name is Master Xandred.
And yes, it was the episode when he crossed through the Gap and he started
drying out because of Serrator's refusal to give up the Harmonium he took back.
Post New ThreadReply