Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11/15/14, 11:13 AM   #1
powerpackers
Putty Patroller

Default Samurai is the most underrated season

I think it's the most underrated season(s) in the franchise. If you ignore that it was after RPM, ignore the expectations that it was the first new season under saban in almost 10 years, and watch it in chronological order of episode 1-40 with Clash somewhere in the middle of PRSS, you get a pretty well done season of Power Rangers. the dialog and acting is bad at times, but you can find that stuff in any season of PR. I hate the word dark in Power Rangers, so I'll just say it's can be really serious at times for a show called by some Shinkenger Nick Jr. i don't think that because the season is similar to the sentai means it's bad or lazy. I remember someone saying that the Rangers never changed passed episode one. yet they all got focus episodes and changed a little bit by the final episode. I dont see the sexism complaint cause the dream episode her dream seems to be showing off her cooking skills to the rangers. she even says something like "wait until I show them, who says I can't cook" but because she is setting a table it's a housewife and not just being a good host? and alot of people complained about Lauren not staying with her brother after the final episode. unless she was homeless I think she had an apartment to live in to go back to, and nothing said they wont keep in touch. finally for the reconing of them being the first team. where do they say that in the show? we know Jayden's dad lead a team when Jayden was young, but that could be in 1999 and the senzu river spilled over cause of the despair caused by CtoD. and for the "centuries ago" stuff. I just say that's just sentai footage in a opening to sum up the samurai theme. I think The Samurais from back then had the Shogun mode as their samurai armor, and were called "Samurai Rangers" with zords like seasons from 10,000 years ago having zords before Rangers. it wasn't until the 90's with their Parents that they became Power Rangers. which was after MMPR
powerpackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/16/14, 04:59 PM   #2
mbozzo
Power Ranger

Default Re: Samurai is the most underrated season

The series said that Jayden dad died 20 years before the first episode of Samurai. That mean that Jayden's dad was killed before Zordon created the Mighty Morphing Power Rangers.
mbozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/16/14, 06:07 PM   #3
MattEmily
Administrator

Well it wasn't expressly stated because of the forbidden d-word but we can assume he was likely killed in battle.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/16/14, 10:49 PM   #4
PRangerX
Administrator

Should have took a page out of the original Dragon Ball Z dub and say he went to another demension.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/16/14, 10:56 PM   #5
MattEmily
Administrator

well technically he did if he's dead, LOL. It's an otherworldly dimension.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply