Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11/17/14, 09:26 PM   #1
Charles RB
Putty Patroller

Default No character is irreplacable (except the ones that are)

It's a thing that, luckily for PR, has only happened twice: suddenly, without warning, an actor has vanished in the middle of the series. A thing that leads to a hurried character death or the Rangers talking funny & never hanging out with their old friends.

But if that had happened in other series as well, whose absence would have caused the most problems for the show? And who could've been replaced easily? Because I don't think anyone would be too confused if Alycia Purrott had to drop out of SPD suddenly and the Pink Ranger was now, I dunno, S.O.P.H.I.E.*, but imagine if Daniel Ewing caught Youngblood's Disease in the middle of RPM. What the heck would you do with a Dillon-shaped hole in the plot?

* SPD has the biggest advantage here: at any moment, you could bring in a new SPD cadet. There's tons of them.
Charles RB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/17/14, 11:47 PM   #2
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Re: No character is irreplacable (except the ones that are)

RPM had a lot of production issues behind the scenes that led to Judd Lynn taking over mid season. So it would have been interesting to see how he would have handled such a challenge. I know Funaro mentioned an idea on Rangercrew for such a senario. Basically using the Rangerblack idea of Dillion really being Venjix and his memories false. In this case Funaro would have had Tenaya 7 still be a real person whose memories Dillion's fake one's were based off her. Since Dillion's body used her DNA it would be a way of explaining how she could become Ranger Black. Of course this was all hypothetical.

Space Losing Andros would have been tough since he was so important to the plot. I suppose you could have had his sister be someone else or have Astronoma turn good earlier. So the sister could take his place, giveing us our first full time female Red Ranger.

Or a revived Zhane could have got the powers with Andros forced into suspended animation to heal from a bad injury. You still could have found a way to resolve the Astronoma/Karone plot. It would have worked since Zhane and her had a thing anyway.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply