Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadClosed Thread

Old 06/25/08, 07:10 PM   #131
Knightfall
Rider Power Member

I'll give this a 3/5

RJ made it cool.

But I can't take Flit seriously as a character, he's just too lame (even by PR standards).
Old 06/25/08, 07:20 PM   #132
LePage
Ranger In Training

After seeing and, despite being a beat by beat translation of Lesson 27 (Even ancient Camille had the same hair style as Mele), this was easily one of Jungle Fury's better episodes. Leaps and bounds compared to that godawful No 'I' in Leader. I don't care what anybody says, Flit. Is. Awesome. I really enjoy Werewolf!RJ rampange through town and even the RJ vs. Wolf Spirit fight wasn't as intense as Gou vs. the Werewolf, I like it for what it worth. Even the final scene where everybody was trying to smash the fun was fun. And And I'm calling it, Flit going to be RJ's business partner when JF over after Camille's curse breaks off on him.

Overall, I give this a 4/5.
Old 07/06/08, 07:07 PM   #133
Sakura3
Power Ranger

Saw this yesterday on ABC and it was a really cool episode to watch.

I have a feeling this series is going to get even better by the minute from here on in. The Shark mode was awesome to watch. Loved the whole episode.
Old 07/06/08, 09:12 PM   #134
red timeforce ranger
Power Ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to red timeforce ranger

i saw same ep with shark on tv at gfest yestrday
Old 07/07/08, 09:08 PM   #135
DarkBlaze
Power Ranger

Send a message via AIM to DarkBlaze Send a message via MSN to DarkBlaze Send a message via Yahoo to DarkBlaze
Default Jungle Fury Feedback: Path of the Rhino

Not as bad, as I thought it would be.

Besides it being somewhat of a direct Geki translation, it was a good episode. Dominic is very entertaining and comedic, his sharp chemistry with Fran was enjoyable, and his fight overall was quite impressive. 4/5. I'm looking forward to the rest of his arc.
Old 07/07/08, 09:23 PM   #136
DRANO
Putty Patroller

I think that SPD was a big step up for the powerrangers and with jungle Fury It keeps geting better and better.
Old 07/08/08, 08:46 PM   #137
LePage
Ranger In Training

Too lazy to do a full review so I'll say this, I really liked this episode:

- I like Dominc. He's fun and likeable; something I can barely say for half the JF characters.
- I like the FranDom scenes.
- Casey still continues to suck, but his apology to Dominic made his character likeable for a bit.
- As meh as the Overlords are, I like Grizzaka's plans with the Phantom Beast.
- Dai Shi continues to be the most incompetent villain in years suffering an identity crisis. He thinks he's human now? How anyone can think he's the best villain Disney has come up with I'll never know.
- I am seriously getting tired of them playing the JF theme near the end of the battles, both the lyrics one and the instrumental one.

3/5.
Old 07/09/08, 03:44 PM   #138
Knightfall
Rider Power Member

3/5

- Dominic is interesting, Fran was finally likeable

- Casey continues to be a douche

- DaiJarrod continues his bipolar streak

- Overall it was pretty underwhelming and random for a new ranger intro episode (compared to intro episodes of the past). RJ pulling the Rhino Morpher out of nowhere drags this one down for me.
Old 07/11/08, 05:08 PM   #139
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to PrimoPiccolo

"Bad" is definitely the right word to use for the ep. First 10 minutes are wasted on Hamhock, next twenty are crammed between the weakest Ranger-Gone-Bad plot ever and RJ's hidden pet problem. The only thing I thought was fresh and something to wake the crowd was when Fran threatened to morph. Completely and utterly worth skipping.
Old 07/11/08, 05:49 PM   #140
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to PrimoPiccolo

Lame titles are normally a decent indicator of what to expect. No different here.

RJ's revealed as the werewolf, feels responsible for the attacks on the citizens, tries to leave town, but needs to help his friends. This might have been better if I hadn't already seen a much superior version of this plotline in RYAN'S DESTINY.

Grizzaka's big and bad. Why exactly? No one's actually bothered to explain what's so great about this Zokkado shit, other than only Grizzaka has it... until the end, when Dai Shi sneezes and channels it. Ridiculous.

Speaking of ridiculous, simply putting Fran in danger somehow results in RJ regaining control of his wolf spirit. Yet tearing into Casey and Theo didn't do a damn thing. Weird.

Oh, and the best part, RJ's been sitting on a morpher for weeks now because eating potato chips seemed like a much better idea to him.

But look, there's a good part! Possibly the best morph sequence ever made, followed by the most interesting fighting style ever translated to PR. People are hating on the "laser knees", but if the wolf's fists can catch fire, I think it ties the whole attack pattern together with his knees following suit. Anyone know who the Wolf Ranger's stunt actor is? His manuerisms when chumming around with the other Rangers mimicked RJ well.

Zord battle was boring until GekiTouja got involved again, this time resulting in the Wolf Pride Megazord, complete with badass finishing move. God, I love that Megazord.

Now, back to the bad. Worst "suspense" humor PR's ever used, in a world where that kind of joke is rarely implemented well. Since when does RJ have any friends besides his employees, that would just happen to own a dog which very much resembles a wolf? It just didn't need to be there.

So, safe to say this was the worst introduction to a new Ranger ever written. Only goes to show the extreme level of talent that David de Lautour has to make it feel better than that.
Post New ThreadClosed Thread