Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 09/07/06, 09:39 AM   #111
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Forums are generally not the right place for those under 13-14. While there are some geared younger, vast majority aren't. Can't say about Rangerforums.net but I can confidently say that every Power Ranger board I have been to is safe for kids. Some are more suitable but they still attract the Kid Unsafe crowd.

TV.com (which has a PR board) does the best job at being kid friendly but it comes at a price, way to many rules. The guy who mods the PR section is jaded and very strict, he won't pull any punches, Lew may get bullied there as well. There are ways to prevent that, searching previous posts, using capitalitazation, commas, and periods, will get him a long ways there, wouldn't even need proper grammar. Heck that would go a long ways here as well.

If either of his parents is a stay at home parent maybe you could restrict his online acces to times when the stay at homer could be there with them and show him ways to improve his posts (puncuation, spelling, grammar, capitalization), he'll eventually learn that and the supervision could be lessened over time.

----------------------

Rider,

STOP harping on the same IP address thing, devils reject, Rita Repulsa/RITA, and evil green ranger are not Lew. They are his family.

Give the bullying a rest, it's old.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/07/06, 10:01 AM   #112
Ryu Dairenjaa
Power Ranger

Oops, Sorry everyone, I really thought Lew was older and put that on for sympathy, I appologise
Ryu Dairenjaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/07/06, 10:02 AM   #113
RITA
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally posted by Cheetamus Primal@Sep 7 2006, 01:39 PM

If either of his parents is a stay at home parent maybe you could restrict his online acces to times when the stay at homer could be there with them and show him ways to improve his posts (puncuation, spelling, grammar, capitalization), he'll eventually learn that and the supervision could be lessened over time.

------------------
Which is exactly what we've been trying to do....Thank you Cheetamus for being so reasonable .
RITA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/07/06, 10:06 AM   #114
RITA
Putty Patroller

Thank you too Rider for being big enough to accept when you're wrong...(i'll just ignore the pm you sent me earlier then eh?) ;)
RITA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/07/06, 10:13 AM   #115
Ryu Dairenjaa
Power Ranger

Its OK, I just felt like you were Lew and you were lying about your age, I appologise, Some Grammar and Punctuation should be used, I saw some smart posts but needed some work, I appologise
Old 09/07/06, 10:16 AM   #116
Lew
Putty Patroller

Ok Rider & Cheetamus, I accept the apology.
Old 09/07/06, 03:28 PM   #117
Ryu Dairenjaa
Power Ranger

Its OK, After that ShadowRangerPower thing we were tense, But one thing that would help is stick to one acount as dupe acounts are not allowed
Old 09/07/06, 03:41 PM   #118
Lew
Putty Patroller

OK, I`m not gonna make any more.
Old 09/07/06, 10:07 PM   #119
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Another suggestion, if you're post is one that just states that you agree with a previous post but have nothing else to say, don't bother posting. It's nice that you agree but to make an entire post just to say so, is generally bad forum behavior.

Same goes for any one word posts or posts just to say thank you.

If you want to say thank you but nothing else please do that via PM.

Lew I hear you want your Birdy 2 account renamed to Lew and your others deleted or whatever, that may not happen for a while, X is known just to leave without notice for months.

Rita, devil reject, evil green ranger your accounts that were suspended due to being considered another one of Lew's many accounts, same thing as I said about the rename for Lew, don't hold your breath. It will probably happen eventually, but it might be months down the road.

Quote:
Originally posted by PRangerX@Sep 3 2006, 02:56 PM
I actually have no evidence that the fake accounts belong to Shadow. I have tied them all to Lew. And since he ignored my warning about dupe accounts, I have banned his ip. Shadow has a different ip and email than Lew.
That IP ban wasn't all that effective. Are you sure you know what an IP ban actually is?
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/08/06, 01:51 AM   #120
Malachi
Putty Patroller

Well sorry if I offended anyone. With the mom thing and the misquote.
Malachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply