Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion > VR Troopers Online > VR Troopers Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/27/14, 03:42 PM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Was Tyler Steele iresponsible?

Was Doctor Steele iresponsible? He made these VR Trooper powers and expected his son and his friends to save the world. He also downloaded his friend's mind into a computer which cheated death and could be interpeted as being an orresponsiboe scientist. Just some stuff to consider here.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/27/14, 03:46 PM   #2
Decepticon
Ranger In Training

Default Re: Was Tyler Steele iresponsible?

Yeah, pretty questionable downloading your friends mind into a computer. It sounds like a scientist meddling too much. Also its strange that he expected his son to save the world if he was gone. Thats a lot of responsibility to give to a son. Its bad enough Ryan had to grow up without a father. Even though that part is Grimlord's fault.
Decepticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/27/14, 03:50 PM   #3
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

Tyler only made the powers as a last resort if things got bad. .Ryan was the only Steele left with his father gone. So its not like there was anyone else Hart could trust.

Also can't blame a guy for wanting to save his friend Maybe Hart agreed to it if anything ever happened to him.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/27/14, 03:55 PM   #4
Zabitan
Administrator

Good question.

With regards to expecting Ryan and his friends to be VR Troopers I still believe that they were just a backup plan in case he couldn't find anyone else to be the VR Troopers.

As for downloading Professor Hart's brain into a computer Hart himself probably consented to it on the grounds he was already "dead", and they still needed somebody to run things in case Tyler couldn't, and who better than a guy who's actually in the computers.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/27/14, 09:28 PM   #5
Outer Sailor
Comic Relief

I think Tao should have been the mentor. Hart felt too cookie cutter to me. He had no personality and was just Zordon clone. Tao was the one that was really guiding thee Troopers anyway.He was very wise and mysterious in a way. He was a strong character who always seemed to know more than he was letting on. I think he would have been perfect.
Outer Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/27/14, 09:31 PM   #6
Starlight Starbrite
Power Ranger

Ever think Steele made the Trooper powers so his son would have a way to defend himself if Grimlord attacked? With no VR Troopers Grimlord would have conquered reality and made life miserable for Ryan. Tyler waa captured before he could recruit anyone else. Using Ryan eas probably anlast resort.
Starlight Starbrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/27/14, 09:35 PM   #7
Sailor Danger
Comic Relief

Good point. Tyler Steel was a good guy. He was just protecting his son and all of reality. If he had been around he would have had no problem being a Trooper.

I wouldn't have minded Tao as mentor. But Hart didn't bother me. So its not a huge deal for me either way.
Sailor Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/28/14, 08:34 PM   #8
Destiny Defeated
Power Ranger

Tyler Steele should have worked with the goveenment. That way he would have had a good back up plan if something happened to him. If Ryan wanted to join up as an adult it would be one thing. But grooming him for the role as a kid and expecting him to do it is wrong.

Steele should have asked Hart before putting his mind in a computer. I don't think he had the right to make that decison
Destiny Defeated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/28/14, 10:06 PM   #9
Astronema
Power Ranger

The guy was trying to save the world. He had no time to work with the government. He was taken after the VR powers were made. Ryan was literally the last hope reality had. Are you gonna say that Zordon was wrong to recruit teenagers next?
Astronema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/29/14, 10:21 AM   #10
Galaxy Supreme
Comic Relief

Tyler was only doing the best he could. I doubt the government would have believed his story anyway. If he had stuck around maybe. But Grimlord kidnapped him and he didn't have the chance.
Galaxy Supreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply