Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10/24/16, 04:11 PM   #1
White Spandex Rules
Ranger In Training

Default The idea of Tommy and Kat being evil

I mentioned this in another thread. But I don't get the sentiment around here that Tommy and Kat are evil? Both were always shown to be courageous characters. Who were only victims while they were under evil spells.
White Spandex Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/24/16, 04:12 PM   #2
KimandTommy
Power Ranger

Default Re: The idea of Tommy and Kat being evil

I never said Tommy was evil. Kat and Karone were evil. Because the evil spells or control on them only enhanced their truely evil personalities. Tommy was a true hero, agreed there.
KimandTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/24/16, 04:14 PM   #3
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

And its being pointed out by others the hypocrisy of that statement. If you think Kat is evil, why not Tommy?
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/24/16, 04:15 PM   #4
Ranger Master
Ranger In Training

None of the Rangers were evil. They were all pawns in Zordon's scheme during that era. Zordonn was evil to the core.
Ranger Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/24/16, 04:16 PM   #5
No Green Spandex
Power Ranger

Tommy wasn't evil. He just hogged the spotlight way too much after he became White Ranger.
No Green Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/24/16, 04:22 PM   #6
Tommy's Dragonzord
Putty Patroller

Tommy is one of the good guys. Kat is good as well. Even if Kimberly was a better love interest for him. Hillard was a good friend though.
Tommy's Dragonzord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/24/16, 06:33 PM   #7
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Codfish View Post
And its being pointed out by others the hypocrisy of that statement. If you think Kat is evil, why not Tommy?
exactly one cannot call Kat and Karone evil without calling Tommy evil as well. It doesn't work like that.

I don't care how much obsessed you are with Tommy KimandTommy but every time you call either of those 2 girls evil I'm going to bring that up that you can't do that without also stating that Tommy is evil as well because otherwise it's a hypocritical statement that you are making. Every time you say Kat and/or Karone is evil you are also saying the same thing about Tommy and if you don't want to say the same thing about him then you will be known as a hypocrite
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/24/16, 08:12 PM   #8
KimandTommy
Power Ranger

I already said, that Tommy was basically turned into a zombie by Rita's spell. And it totally made him devoted to Rita. He only didn't break the spell because of the evil sword. Kat's evil spell made her loyal to Rita. But she went after Kimberly on her own. The Cyber equipment didn't control Karone truly, since she went after Specter on her own.
KimandTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/24/16, 08:37 PM   #9
Goldar's Revenge
Power Ranger

The spell made Kat act on her jealousy. Also the cyber equipment made Karone act on her ambition. Specter's plan worked out way too well. The device most likely made her hate the Rangers as well to replace her new found love and friendship she developed as Karone.

Tommy may have turned on Kimberly but only because his direct mission was to destroy the Power Rangers. The spell may have worked different but it doesn't make Tommy any more good than Kat. Also the Sword of darkness already strengthen the spell by that point. Its likely Tommy would have broken the original spell without the sword. But so did Kat, so you can't use that either.

Now if you want to say you don't like Kat and Karone, that's different. I would disagree but you have the right to your opinion. But saying there evil just doesn't measure up with the facts objectively. And to be frank, feels you being influenced by you're dislike for the characters. If not you would be saying Tommy was evil too.
Goldar's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/24/16, 10:08 PM   #10
Captain Mutiny
Power Ranger

I think Kim definitely is lettering her personal feelings get in the way here. It doesn't add up to claim Kat and Karone are evil when you don't think Tommy is. Not to mention the evidence on the show contradicts all of that idea.
Captain Mutiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply