Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion > Kamen Rider Online

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadClosed Thread

Old 06/01/08, 08:59 AM   #1
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Default The show has failed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarius from Funaroboard
SuperSamuraiStar (1:48:06 PM): have you heard anything about this Kamen Rider Dragon Knight show?
N/A (1:48:21 PM): cartoon network didn't pick it up
SuperSamuraiStar (1:48:34 PM): who did?
N/A (1:48:44 PM): no one
SuperSamuraiStar (1:49:02 PM): that sucks
SuperSamuraiStar (1:49:08 PM): so its not happening then?
N/A (1:49:18 PM): nope
SuperSamuraiStar (1:49:34 PM): aw
SuperSamuraiStar (1:49:50 PM): i heard they already filmed the whole thing
N/A (1:49:59 PM): yeah
SuperSamuraiStar (1:50:11 PM): seems like kind of a waste
N/A (1:50:20 PM): yeah
N/A (1:50:28 PM): they try to sell it again this year
SuperSamuraiStar (1:51:33 PM): ahh
SuperSamuraiStar (1:51:59 PM): that's why the release date was pushed back
They can't even get Cartoon Network to air it and they will air pretty much anything now a days.

KRDK is epic fail. Told you fools it was a crap show, even Cartoon Network agrees.
Old 06/01/08, 09:24 AM   #2
PRangerX
Administrator

This was actually posted in the PR News thread ( there convo had PR things too).

How do you know the show is bad? You only saw the piolet. No one has seen the actual show besides Kieth. We don't know what the actual show is like. Sometimes good shows get passed up and bad shows get greenlit. It depends on what the network wants. Just because a show doesn't get picked up, it doesn't mean its bad. It took PR several years to find a home.

The show hasn't failed yet. They are still trying to sell the idea. The fact that all the episodes were filmed seems encouraging to me. As it would be cheap programming for some network. Assuming Post Production can be done cost effectively ( if it isn't being worked on already). I would like to think the episodes will be released somehow. Considering there all filmed.
Old 06/01/08, 01:56 PM   #3
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to PrimoPiccolo

Thanks for showing us what we already learned days ago.
Old 06/02/08, 04:38 AM   #4
masked rider fearon
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
This was actually posted in the PR News thread ( there convo had PR things too).

The show hasn't failed yet. They are still trying to sell the idea. The fact that all the episodes were filmed seems encouraging to me. As it would be cheap programming for some network. Assuming Post Production can be done cost effectively ( if it isn't being worked on already). I would like to think the episodes will be released somehow. Considering there all filmed.
Suppose that you are right what other networks would show it,
because of this I think this show might go international first then come back here. either that or the series will go straight to dvd
Old 06/02/08, 07:44 AM   #5
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Quote:
( there convo had PR things too).
No fucking duh you liberal retard.

Quote:
How do you know the show is bad? You only saw the piolet.
Pilots are meant to sell the show. The one they made the only thing it sold was don't pick this garbage up, they couldn't bother to make a half decent pilot to sell to you guys.

Quote:
No one has seen the actual show besides Kieth.
He liked it but from what I seen of what else he likes, you can't trust his opinion anymore than you can trust a suicide bomber not to kill you when he takes his own life. Just like I can't trust your opinion, you will watch any of that garbage Kalish puts out and you mental disease called liberalism.

Quote:
We don't know what the actual show is like.
If they can't sell it to the network that gave up on it's foundation and will show anything and everything then the show is not sellable to a decent network.

Quote:
Sometimes good shows get passed up
Which either means the show was not all that good to begin with or the person selling the show was not all that good at his job, either way it's the fault of the company that made the show.

Quote:
and bad shows get greenlit.
Those are called reality tv and the idiot masses love that garbage, and yes anyone who watches that is the lowest form of intelligence.

Quote:
It depends on what the network wants.
It also depends on the skills of the person pitching the show to the networks, no matter how great the pilot is if the person pitching the show blows the presentation they ain't going to pick the show up.

Quote:
Just because a show doesn't get picked up, it doesn't mean its bad.
It means something related to it was bad, the pilot, the presenter, or the very fact there is an almost an identical show already on air and has been for years and every other show similar died meaning the market on that type of show is full.

Quote:
It took PR several years to find a home.
And the first few years the show was bad. Thus proving my point.

Quote:
The show hasn't failed yet. They are still trying to sell the idea.
If they can't get CN interested it can't be sold, unless they get someone new to pitch the idea who is able to make gold out of horse shit.

Quote:
The fact that all the episodes were filmed seems encouraging to me.
Encouraging or they put all their eggs into a broken basket.

Quote:
As it would be cheap programming for some network.
Cheap programming is killed off all the time because the rating suck and if a network thinks the market for the type of show is full because history has proven all previous attempts at similar have died then no matter how spectacular it is its a failure.

Quote:
I would like to think the episodes will be released somehow. Considering there all filmed.
If they can't get a network to air and they don't do a internet release like Sanctuary used to be then any DVD sales will do poorly as a season set because no one is willing to risk that much money or a show they never seen before, but if they do volumes then the show will still fail because there will be to much time in between volumes people will forget about it or the show will be so bad that volume 1 will sale rather well because of curiosity but volume 2 will only sell to fanboys which is not enough to get the entire run on dvd for sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by masked rider fearon View Post
either that or the series will go straight to dvd
Do that and you they only prove they are failures.
Old 06/02/08, 08:30 AM   #6
masked rider fearon
Power Ranger

you ungrateful little git if you do not like this new dragon knight series fine,
but don't bag out people that would like to see what this series would be like.
for all we know the people behind this new series might still be trying to find the right audience,
there have been others series (if you remember shin, zo ,J ) that were released for video then remade for dvd, so if this series came dvd straight does not mean that it is a crap series.
any way from the story line point of view this series it sounds really good
the bikes still look good, I would still like to see this series.
Old 06/02/08, 11:26 AM   #7
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virginian View Post
No fucking duh you liberal retard.

Pilots are meant to sell the show. The one they made the only thing it sold was don't pick this garbage up, they couldn't bother to make a half decent pilot to sell to you guys.

He liked it but from what I seen of what else he likes, you can't trust his opinion anymore than you can trust a suicide bomber not to kill you when he takes his own life. Just like I can't trust your opinion, you will watch any of that garbage Kalish puts out and you mental disease called liberalism.

If they can't sell it to the network that gave up on it's foundation and will show anything and everything then the show is not sellable to a decent network.

Which either means the show was not all that good to begin with or the person selling the show was not all that good at his job, either way it's the fault of the company that made the show.

Those are called reality tv and the idiot masses love that garbage, and yes anyone who watches that is the lowest form of intelligence.

It also depends on the skills of the person pitching the show to the networks, no matter how great the pilot is if the person pitching the show blows the presentation they ain't going to pick the show up.

It means something related to it was bad, the pilot, the presenter, or the very fact there is an almost an identical show already on air and has been for years and every other show similar died meaning the market on that type of show is full.

And the first few years the show was bad. Thus proving my point.

If they can't get CN interested it can't be sold, unless they get someone new to pitch the idea who is able to make gold out of horse shit.

Encouraging or they put all their eggs into a broken basket.

Cheap programming is killed off all the time because the rating suck and if a network thinks the market for the type of show is full because history has proven all previous attempts at similar have died then no matter how spectacular it is its a failure.

If they can't get a network to air and they don't do a internet release like Sanctuary used to be then any DVD sales will do poorly as a season set because no one is willing to risk that much money or a show they never seen before, but if they do volumes then the show will still fail because there will be to much time in between volumes people will forget about it or the show will be so bad that volume 1 will sale rather well because of curiosity but volume 2 will only sell to fanboys which is not enough to get the entire run on dvd for sale.

Do that and you they only prove they are failures.
What does politics have to do with this? Whether I am liberal or not is redundant. And if you read some of my recent posts, you'd see I am have not been blindly praising PR or Kalish.

How was the piolet bad? It just gave a taste of what the show would be. So they kept things to a bare minimium. I don't get why some people got all worked up over a piolet. Its just a demo to sell the show.

They already made a lot of changes. They produced 40 episodes, so you can't tell me that any of us will know whether the show is good or not. I only brought up Kieth, to point out that he was the only one that saw it.

How do you know they aren't going to find a network? Its not over until its over. Releasing it on DVD would be a viable option. Since at least it would be a way to recoup their losses. I wouldn't put all my eggs in that basket though. Its way too early to call this an epic fail.

It doesn't matter whether the first few years of MMPR were good or not. The first two years were extremely successful. And thats all that matters in the tv bussiness.
Old 06/02/08, 02:19 PM   #8
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Quote:
you ungrateful little git
What should I be grateful for?

Quote:
but don't bag out people that would like to see what this series would be like.
I'll do as I please.

Quote:
for all we know the people behind this new series might still be trying to find the right audience,
Before producing the pilot they should have known, the only audience they will get is kids and the older audience who has been watching the original series subbed. They won't get anyone else.

Quote:
there have been others series (if you remember shin, zo ,J ) that were released for video then remade for dvd, so if this series came dvd straight does not mean that it is a crap series.
Two problems , 1) Kamen Rider had a large fan base before direct to video movies were made. Kamen Rider doesn't have the same here, 2) one movie on dvd or video would cost less than buying a season.

Quote:
any way from the story line point of view this series it sounds really good
All of which was stolen from PR, Saban's others shows, and copied from the original.

Quote:
the bikes still look good
They took the idea from PR. They have no original thought.

Quote:
I would still like to see this series.
Be ready to pay to see it, that is probably the only way you will.

Quote:
What does politics have to do with this?
It shows your lack of intelligence.

Quote:
Whether I am liberal or not is redundant.
Just like a liberal you are wrong.

Quote:
And if you read some of my recent posts, you'd see I am have not been blindly praising PR or Kalish.
I try not to read the drival of a nutjob. You are an apologist regardless of your last few posts you stuck up for garbage that makes you worthless.

Quote:
How was the piolet bad?
No original thought, fighting invisible warriors, I would name more but it's been to long and I rather remember things I like than dredge up garbage.

Quote:
It just gave a taste of what the show would be.
That taste left a horrid aftertaste, smell of theivery and lazziness. Basically it was all around rotten fruit.

Quote:
So they kept things to a bare minimium.
If by bare minimum you mean did aboslute no work beyond translating, watching old Saban shows and stealing elements from that, and filmed a completely unoriginal piece of garbage then they couldn't have gotten any more minimal if their life depended upon it.

Quote:
I don't get why some people got all worked up over a piolet.
Then you are abysmally stupid with no hope. Get a brain and learn to think dipshit.

Quote:
Its just a demo to sell the show.
And it's just a kids show so why bother putting any real effort into it. Those attitudes are what kill quality. Die you murdering bastard.

Quote:
They already made a lot of changes.
Unless that was to scrap all stolen and copied ideas & themes and just use the fight footage and make it tailor to their own ideas then no matter what changes they made, they failed to adapt which is their job.

Quote:
They produced 40 episodes, so you can't tell me that any of us will know whether the show is good or not.
I seen the quality of their work they made to sell the show, you don't make something far below the standards of what you will put out on a weekly basis to sell the show. You make one that is of the same calibur as to which the show will strive to achieve with every episode but in a shorter format. Ere go that pilot is the gauge by which the show must be judged.

Quote:
I only brought up Kieth, to point out that he was the only one that saw it.
He has a link to the inside, you can't trust him. He will do and say anything to protect that link. Regardless of abysmal quality he will praise it so he can horde his inside connection over the fanbase. Just like all the admins you made here soley because they have connections to inside information. It's all about power, those who have it want to keep and expand it by any means necessary.

Quote:
How do you know they aren't going to find a network?
If CN won't buy it then it has to be really horrible because they will put on the worst of the worst crap.

Quote:
Its not over until its over.
The fat lady has sung, Adness just can't hear it.

Quote:
Releasing it on DVD would be a viable option.
It is a viable option but it won't sell nearly as well without people seeing it beforehand. A lot of people won't waste money on an unproven show.

Quote:
Since at least it would be a way to recoup their losses.
Not enough to make another season and any show that can't last past the first season is an utter failure.

Quote:
I wouldn't put all my eggs in that basket though.
Only other option they would have is webisoding or Ituning it.

Quote:
Its way too early to call this an epic fail.
Not really.

Quote:
It doesn't matter whether the first few years of MMPR were good or not. The first two years were extremely successful. And thats all that matters in the tv bussiness.
Old 06/02/08, 02:32 PM   #9
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to PrimoPiccolo

You're entitled to your opinion, you're even entitled to gloat in this case, but don't be a troll. Picking apart entire posts just to call people names is boring and no one besides you wants to read it.
Old 06/02/08, 02:36 PM   #10
PRangerX
Administrator

Yeah we're not going to censor anyone's opinion. But lets try to keep the harsh language out of it. I'm not saying we have to be super nice, but lets try to keep are arguments to the points we are making.
Post New ThreadClosed Thread