Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04/06/15, 10:07 PM   #21
Sentai Master
Ranger In Training

Default Re: Dino Charge Sucks

I love Sentai. But I agree these guys are going a little overboard. I don't see why both shows can't coexist. They seem to have coexisted fine for the last 20 or so years. And really Power Rangers has led to Toei expanding in other markets through Power Rangers and a lot of money in the fees they have gotten from Saban and Disney over the years. PR in turn gets footage that they can use to make a cheap to produce action show for kids. And both sides help Bandai sell a shit ton of toys. No one is forcing anyone to watch both. So whats the big deal?

I for one like both shows and will continue to watch both. They are two different shows in my eyes that just happen to have the same action footage. Its nice to study how they are similar or different. But they are both good and not the same show. Oh and for the record, I love PR too. I know shocking isn't it? That someone can love both?
Sentai Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/06/15, 10:08 PM   #22
No Green Spandex
Power Ranger

Shocking for this board it seems. Good to see someone that can look at things objectively. Score one for common sense.
No Green Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/06/15, 10:09 PM   #23
Todd Oliver
Ranger In Training

Send a message via ICQ to Todd Oliver

So you're ready to recant you're hate for Tommy now?
Todd Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/06/15, 10:10 PM   #24
No Green Spandex
Power Ranger

I wouldn't go that far. He was fine in MMPR season 1 until "White Light." Beyond that well....Lets not go there.
No Green Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/06/15, 10:11 PM   #25
Kimmy Repulsa
Ranger In Training

Only time I didn't like Tommy was in Turbo. But that's because of how they made him a race car driver and pushed Justin over him. Not really the character's fault.
Kimmy Repulsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/07/15, 04:12 PM   #26
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentai Master View Post
I love Sentai. But I agree these guys are going a little overboard. I don't see why both shows can't coexist. They seem to have coexisted fine for the last 20 or so years. And really Power Rangers has led to Toei expanding in other markets through Power Rangers and a lot of money in the fees they have gotten from Saban and Disney over the years. PR in turn gets footage that they can use to make a cheap to produce action show for kids. And both sides help Bandai sell a shit ton of toys. No one is forcing anyone to watch both. So whats the big deal?

I for one like both shows and will continue to watch both. They are two different shows in my eyes that just happen to have the same action footage. Its nice to study how they are similar or different. But they are both good and not the same show. Oh and for the record, I love PR too. I know shocking isn't it? That someone can love both?
I completely agree. Both series have coexisted fine ever since Power Rangers premiered in 1993. Also the name of the game is indeed profit and Toei does get a lot of it including from the salary that they get from toy sales, any footage that Power Rangers has to buy and of course any suits that Saban has to rent out like they rent out with the villain suits.

Fact of the matter is if you don't like the show then simply put don't watch it. I'm not a fan of some seasons but I'm still enjoying the show even with the clunkers that we had gotten the past 4 years with Samurai, Super Samurai, Megaforce and Super Megaforce. All 4 seasons had their good points.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/12/15, 09:54 PM   #27
Samurai Forever
Comic Relief

How can anyone say Dino Charge sucks after 8 episodes?
Samurai Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/12/15, 10:10 PM   #28
Omega Black
Ranger In Training

I know pretty silly. We barely know the team yet
Omega Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/26/15, 08:44 PM   #29
The Ghost Ranger
Power Ranger

^ But, we know them better then the MegaForce team, hohoho!
The Ghost Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply