Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers Online Feedback And Requests > Zabitan's Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 07/02/15, 09:26 PM   #241
Zabitan
Administrator

Default Re: Zabitan's Magic Happy American Tokusatu Reviews

Final Thoughts.

Today's episode was pretty good.

I liked the story with the Troopers trying to hold a benefit concert, and Grimlord trying to steal the talent from the band.

I also liked all the various funny parts like when the Krossworld Kids, and their fans made fun of Grimlord's minions.

I also liked that we got to see Ryan use the Combat Module, and JB use the Battle Cruiser, and still got a Shaider monster.

And I can't think of anything that was cut from the Shaider episode I would have kept.

I think my only problem is that Bongotron was one of those monsters that seems like they couldn't decide if they wanted to be silly or serious.

And it seemed like instead of the thing with Kaitlin in the energy field they could have just had Ryan, and JB join her earlier, and just made the fight longer.

And it seemed like some parts like Tao seeing no one at the dojo, and JB, and Kaitlin waiting till they found Grimlord's base to transform could have been removed without hurting anything.

Only 10 more episodes of VR Troopers.

Tune in next time for more Magic Happy VR Troopers Reviews.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/06/15, 04:42 PM   #242
Zabitan
Administrator

Welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we're looking at Magnetic Attraction written by Michael Ryan, and directed by Al Winchel.

So we start off with today's "My dad taught me" moment where Ryan thinks about the time his dad taught him that sometimes technology may not always be there when you need it.

We then go to the Underground Voice Daily where Ryan is writing a story about martial arts for the paper.

Then Percy comes in with a giant magnet, and we get a comedy bit where he accidentally destroys Kaitlin's computer.

At Ziktor industries one of his secretaries informs him that Despera has discovered the Troopers' greatest weakness.

Then he transforms into Grimlord, and Despera explains that it's magnetism, and she has Oraclon create a white, red, and blue mutant with magnets on his forearms named Magnetbot.

At the Underground Voice Daily we get another comedy bit with Percy, and the magnet, and JB, and Kaitlin go to the dojo.

At the Dark Fortress Despera tells Grimlord that Magnetbot is waiting to destroy the Troopers, and Grimlord orders Doom Master to help.

Then we see JB, and Kaitlin driving when Magnetbot appears, and hits Kaitlin's car with magnetism causing it to go haywire, and crash.

Then we see some more comedy bits with Percy harassing Ryan, and playing with the magnet when the other Troopers try to contact Ryan.

And eventually all the magnetic fields cause Percy to merge with his magnet, and he gets stuck to a support beam with various objects stuck to him.
Old 07/06/15, 04:45 PM   #243
Zabitan
Administrator

Magnetbot attacks JB, and Kaitlin so they transform but he shoots more magnetism at them, and it damages their systems.

Ryan appears but so do Doom Master, and the Vixens so he transforms as well, and fights Magnetbot who tries to attack Ryan with a spear, but Ryan keeps dodging.

Ryan then tries his laser but Magnetbot hits him with magnetism, and now his systems are damaged, and Grimlord's minions attack him so the Troopers escape in the Skybase

At the lab the Professor explains that he can repair their systems, and make them immune to magnetism but it will take time.

At the Underground Voice Daily we get another comedy bit where Woody makes a clock stick to Percy.

Then the Troopers go to where Grimlord's minions are, and try to transform but only Ryan can transform, and even his powers aren't finished.

Ryan fights Ultra Skugs while JB, and Kaitlin fight regular Skugs and nothing much happens other than Kaitlin, and some Skugs kick each other.

Ryan fights Vixens, and more Ultra Skugs while Kaitlin, and JB just keep kicking the Skugs.

Ryan, and Magnetbot clash weapons until Magnetbot throws him, hits him with his spear, and shoots magnetism at him.

But Ryan is still able to beat up some Ultra Skugs but a swarm of Grimstars fire on him while JB, and Kaitlin destroy the Skugs.

Then Magnetbot fires more magnetism at Ryan but he just fires his laser, and destroys Magnetbot with Laser Saber which also demagnitizes Percy.

At the Dark Fortress Grimlord swears vengeance on the Troopers.

Back at the Underground Voice Daily we get one last comedy bit with Percy thinking he's still magnetized.

Ryan then sums up the moral of the day the end.
Old 07/06/15, 04:46 PM   #244
Zabitan
Administrator

Final Thoughts.

Today's episode was okay.

On one hand it seemed like a rehash of Virtually Powerless minus Poindexter who I actually liked.

And Magnetbot had the same thing as Transgressor, and Bongotron where it looks like they couldn't decide if they wanted a silly design or a scary one.

On the other hand it solved one of my pet peeves about Virtually Powerless just by having JB, and Kaitlin transform before Magnetbot destroyed their powers.

And I liked all the comedy bits with Percy.

Also I can't think of anything that they cut out of the Shaider episode they used that I would have kept.

Only 9 more episodes.

Last edited by Zabitan; 07/08/15 at 02:00 PM.
Old 07/08/15, 01:49 PM   #245
Zabitan
Administrator

Welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we're looking at Get Me To The Lab On Time written by Michael Ryan, and directed by Al Winchel.

So we start off with today's "My dad taught me" moment where Ryan thinks about the time his dad taught him that love can be a powerful force.

We then go to Ziktor industries where Strickland explains that he's created a love potion, and Ziktor orders him to give it to the Troopers.

Then he transforms into Grimlord, and explains his latest evil scheme to them.

Then we go to the Underground Voice Daily where Strickland disguised as a delivery man gives love potion laced chocolates but Percy takes them, and eats one falling in love with Kaitlin to her dismay.

At the Dark Fortress Despera explains what's going on, and Grimlord decides to go ahead, and use the love potion on the whole world.

At the Underground Voice Daily Percy gives Kaitlin gifts including the chocolates, and she falls in love with Percy to Ryan, and JB's dismay, and Percy proposes to her, and she accepts.

At the Dark Fortress Despera explains what's going on so Grimlord orders Skugs to attack the Troopers.

At the Underground Voice Daily JB realizes that Kaitlin, and Percy both ate the chocolates so he, and Ryan decide to go the lab to analyze the box they came in.

Then Kaitlin runs into them, and she sees a woman in a wedding dress but she transforms into an army of Skugs.

Nothing much happens other than the Skugs try to kick Ryan, and JB but Ryan, and JB just grab them, and throw them, and eventually throw the Skugs into each other, and destroy them.
Old 07/08/15, 01:49 PM   #246
Zabitan
Administrator

I will admit that I like how while this is going on Kaitlin is too distracted by being in love with Percy especially when he shows up to help fight Skugs.

At the lab the Professor analyzes the chocolate box, and explains what's going on so Ryan, and JB try to find an antidote to the love potion.

At the Dark Fortress Grimlord orders his minions to protect his love potion factory, and Oraclon creates a white angel like mutant with a demonic face, and a spear with a heart shaped point named Cupidtron.

Then the Professor explains what's going on so Ryan, and JB transform, and JB takes the Battle Cruiser while Ryan fights Grimlord's minions with his sword, and laser.

JB finds the love potion at Grimlord's factory, and escapes in the Skybase before it can self destruct while Grimlord's minions attack Ryan so JB fires missiles at them.

Ryan fires lasers at Grimlord's minions while at the Underground Voice Daily Kaitlin, and Percy's wedding is underway, and Tao gives out Kaitlin.

Ryan, and Cupidtron clash weapons but she escapes into the Indigo Sector but Ryan chases after her, and fires lasers, and clashes with his sword.

But Cupidtron fires exploding hearts from her spear, and hits Ryan with it, and breathes fire on him, and teleports so Ryan uses Laser Saber, and Cupidtron's own spear to destroy her.

At the lab JB creates an antidote, and Jeb tries to stall the wedding just in time for JB to put the antidote in some punch, and have Percy, and Kaitlin drink it breaking the spell.

At the Dark Fortress Grimlord shames his minions, and swears vengeance on the Troopers.

Back at the Underground Voice Daily we get one last comedy bit where Percy falls in love with a girl who's the female version of him.

Old 07/08/15, 01:50 PM   #247
Zabitan
Administrator

Final Thoughts.

Today's episode was okay.

I liked the idea with Grimlord using a love potion on the Troopers, and making Kaitlin fall in love with Percy.

My only problem was that it felt like a rehash of that Power Rangers episode The Potion Notion without the stuff I actually liked about it.

It also bugged me that Kaitlin didn't transform at all in this episode especially since not only did they have to do just one thing to cure her.

But also it seemed like they could have replaced the part where JB piloted the Skybase with Kaitlin piloting it instead.

Cupidtron was another weird monster that like Transgressor, Bongotron, and Magnetbot seemed like they couldn't decide if they wanted it to be scary or silly.

Though to her credit they for the most part just focus on a cute, and cuddly theme with only her face being off from the rest of her design.

And aside from some scenes with the Combat Module, and the Shoulder Cannon that were replaced with the Battle Cruiser, and Skybase scenes nothing was cut from the Shaider episode.

Only 8 more episodes.

Old 07/09/15, 02:51 PM   #248
Zabitan
Administrator

Welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we're looking at Grimlord's Big Breakout written by Eric Moford, and directed by Vickie Borough

So we start off with today's "My dad taught me" moment where Ryan thinks about the time his dad taught him that we must always learn, and change.

We then go to a field just outside a prison yard where Strickland, and some secretaries use a laser to tear open a hole in the fence freeing a criminal named Nutty Nichols.

At the Underground Voice Daily Woody finds out, and tells Kaitlin, and has her do a story about it, and JB goes with her while Ryan goes to the dojo, and Percy overhears everything.

At Ziktor industries Ziktor tells Nichols that since he has the evilest brain in Crossworld City that Ziktor plans to make him invincible so he can conquer the world.

Then he transforms into Grimlord, and explains his latest evil scheme.

At the prison Kaitlin, and JB talk to the warden about Nichols, and the warden just says that guys like Nutty are just evil, and can't tell right from wrong.

Then we get a comedy bit where Percy sneaks into the prison but a guard mistakes him for an escaping prisoner, and takes him away.

At the Dark Fortress Grimlord sees JB, and Kaitlin investigating Nichols' escape so he orders Despera to go after the Troopers.

JB, and Kaitlin run into a guard who turns out to be a Skug but instead of fighting him they just drive away but the Skug chases after them, and more Skugs appear but Kaitlin throws it into them.

At Tao dojo Ryan is teaching a class when he gets a message from Kaitlin telling him to meet them at the lab, and once there Ryan explains what's going on, and the Professor thinks that Nichols is in a bus.

Ryan transforms, and chases after the bus on the Nitro Cycle but Strickland spots him, and sends Ultra Skugs after Ryan but he fights them off.

Then a weird green, and gold mutant with a golden gate on his back, and gold wings named Jailbot appears, swallows the bus, and teleports away.
Old 07/09/15, 02:53 PM   #249
Zabitan
Administrator

At Grimlord's secret lab Nichols starts having second thoughts after seeing the place but Strickland sticks a helmet on Nichols.

Then electricity surges into Nichols, and he mutates into an Incredible Hulk/Frankenstein pastiche with a giant brain, and at the Dark Fortress Despera shows Grimlord what's happening.

At Crossworld prison we get a comedy bit where Percy sees a big burly prisoner who's actually scared of him after hearing his story.

Then Nichols rampages the Underground Voice Daily, and we get another comedy bit where Woody just casually asks him questions despite being scared of him earlier.

At the lab the Professor explains what's going on, and also explains that Jailbot is the real world so the Troopers transform.

Nichols continues rampaging the Underground Voice Daily when JB, and Kaitlin try to fight him off while Ryan fights Ultra Skug, and shoots lasers at Grimlord's minions.

Ryan, and Jailbot jump at each other, and Despera takes the fight to the Indigo Sector where Jailbot teleports, and creates explosive shockwaves with his spear.

At the Underground Voice Daily JB, and Kaitlin are still fighting Nichols when he gets distracted by a bag of peanuts, and they use it to lure him out of the Underground Voice Daily.

In the Indigo Sector Ryan, and Jailbot are clashing with their weapons when Grimlord's giant spaceship attacks Ryan so he summons the Troopertron, and it destroys Grimlord's spaceship.

Ryan then destroys Jailbot with Laser Saber, and at the lab the Troopers turn Nichols back into a human being with the lab's machines.

At the Dark Fortress Grimlord once again swears vengeance on the Troopers.

Back at the prison Nichols doesn't remember anything that happened, and says the experience has changed him for the better, and we get one last comedy bit with Percy.

Old 07/09/15, 02:54 PM   #250
Zabitan
Administrator

Final Thoughts.

Today's episode was pretty good.

I liked the idea with Grimlord turning the most evil criminal in Crossworld City into a mutant.
I also got a kick out of how Nichols was a Joe Pesci parody.

I also liked all the various comedy bits.

Jailbot was just like Cupidtron but for the opposite reason in that they seemed to focus on making him scary with only the gate on his back, and his hat being silly.

I wasn't fond of Nichols' mutant form since I thought it looked silly, and I would have preferred something kitbashed from various Power Rangers monsters.

Especially since they already had Alexis/Transformatron from Into Oraclon's Web, and that unused Dairanger monster form Quest for Power.

Or just have it where Jailbot was Nichols monster form, and just have JB, and Kaitlin use the Troopertron to fight spaceships, and tanks.

Also I can't think of anything that was skipped from the Shaider episode except for a part with the Valvios' robot form that got replaced with the Troopertron.

Only 7 more episodes left.

Post New ThreadReply

Tags
episode discussion, vr troopers