Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11/22/11, 05:17 PM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Default The RPM /Samurai Team up

What does everyone think about the RPM/Samurai team up. Which seems to feature a suited up RPM red that is from another demension?
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/22/11, 09:46 PM   #2
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: The RPM /Samurai Team up

I'm not sure what to think of it. I'm happy that they're doing a teamup since it basically implies that they want to get back to the seasonal tradition of teamups with the previous team however I'm concerned as well since we have no clue what to expect from it including if any of the actors have returned or not.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/04/11, 05:39 PM   #3
mbozzo
Power Ranger

I think that having RPM Red in the team up episode was a grand idea. I just wish that Saban used the other RPM Rangers in that episode, too. :(
mbozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/04/11, 09:08 PM   #4
MattEmily
Administrator

Yeah, it was an interesting idea and it was a decent episode however I'm very disappointed that the other 6 RPM Rangers weren't there. Yeah... sure... Scott was there as Ranger Red but you never really saw him at all. It was just some actor voicing him so that they didn't have to worry about finding a time for Eka to be there. Yes, I do believe the person credited for doing Scott's voice in the teamup is indeed Eka himself.

Also I wasn't happy with the whole alternate dimension thing. Why didn't they do a wormhole or time hole thing? You don't even have to say what year RPM is set in. You can just have the Narrator say "In a future year, the world was tormented by machines that conquered the world except for 1 last domed city."

Not to mention there's also the fact with the whole out of order thing. Jayden with Super Mode. Ranger Red with his Shark Attack Mode. The Sharkzord and the Samurai Shark Megazord. Also you can see Antonio holding his Lanternzord in 1 scene.
Old 12/05/11, 12:55 AM   #5
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
Also I wasn't happy with the whole alternate dimension thing.
RPM from the very beginning was written as alternate dimension.

Quote:
Not to mention there's also the fact with the whole out of order thing.
Nothing new about that this season.

Jayden used Super Mode, Shark Attack Mode, & Mega Shark Mode.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/05/11, 08:04 AM   #6
Mnikolic
Comic Relief

Quote:
Yeah, it was an interesting idea and it was a decent episode however I'm very disappointed that the other 6 RPM Rangers weren't there. Yeah... sure... Scott was there as Ranger Red but you never really saw him at all. It was just some actor voicing him so that they didn't have to worry about finding a time for Eka to be there. Yes, I do believe the person credited for doing Scott's voice in the teamup is indeed Eka himself.

Also I wasn't happy with the whole alternate dimension thing. Why didn't they do a wormhole or time hole thing? You don't even have to say what year RPM is set in. You can just have the Narrator say "In a future year, the world was tormented by machines that conquered the world except for 1 last domed city."

Not to mention there's also the fact with the whole out of order thing. Jayden with Super Mode. Ranger Red with his Shark Attack Mode. The Sharkzord and the Samurai Shark Megazord. Also you can see Antonio holding his Lanternzord in 1 scene.
As KRD said, RPM is set in another dimension. The fact that none of the previous KNOWN Ranger teams are mentioned, kind of confirms that. Safe for Jungle Fury Rangers because of Jungle Karma Pizza sign.. I guess a version of te JF Rangers that we saw in PRJF might have been around before the whole Venjix stuff took place in the RPM dimension. There's no mention of... for example Tommy, Alpha(s), Zordon... even the Morphing Grid is named differently (Bio Field). I guess a version of the Andrew's Ranger team existed, due to the brief appereance of the Red Ranger helmet from season which I'm not going to name...

Besides, the time thing has been done to death already... First in S2 where Zedd changes everyone to kids or when Kimberly ends up in the Wild West, than in S3 when Master Vile reverts the time on Earth and the Rangers are sent trough time to find the Zeo sub-crystals, than in Time Force (Ransik, Q-Rex), Wild Force (Reinfrocements), Ninja Storm (Cam), SPD (History, Wormhole) and MF (Dark Wish)... Before, the different universes stuff hasen't been done in PR before (safe for Zordon warning his Rangers "Don't do that or watch out that or you'll end up stuck in another dimension forever" at least a million times), so introducing the alternate dimension concept in Power Rangers was a very brilliant move for the writers...

Also, having RPM set in the same PRU as the other seasons would involve some massive Ranger genocide, and I don't think that's good for a show likePR is... ;

P.S.: This team-up is clearly set during some episodes of the upcoming "Super Samurai" "season" (i.e. PRS, part II)...
Mnikolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/05/11, 05:56 PM   #7
MattEmily
Administrator

Yes, Eddie claimed it was intended to be an alternate dimension when he penned the show but once he was canned, that went out the window and it didn't have to be an alternate dimension. Jonathan just felt like doing it to anger fans because he thinks it's better that way - the way that Sentai does it since he's just a Sentai-obsessed fanboy who thinks Power Rangers should be exactly like Sentai.

And not mentioning previous Rangers doesn't really mean a whole lot in the grand scheme of things. Ninja Storm never mentioned any previous Rangers by name, the only continuity reference it had during the season is mentioning Triforia, the home of Trey, the Gold Ranger.

Jungle Fury didn't have any continuty references at all other than RJ mentioning how he knew someone who gave him access to the Morphin' Grid.

Yeah, the time thing has definitely been done to death but personally now that they've opened up the alternate dimension thing, that means they can put any previous season into an alternate dimension whether we like it or not.
Old 12/05/11, 10:41 PM   #8
PRangerX
Administrator

I actually don't mind RPM being an alternate universe here. I'm not keen on the other seasons being alternate , if they ever go that route ( besides maybe TF's future and SPD). I don't like the future being set in stone. Especially an apoclyptic one. With so many different seasons it doesn't make sense to me for the PRU to slave to the RPM future. I can understand why some fans feel differently. But I actually think the parrall universe angle is original from what we have gotten in the past. Its not a trend I want continued though.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/06/11, 01:41 AM   #9
MattEmily
Administrator

You do have a point. It was an original idea.. but my whole problem with that is because now it opens up the chance of any season not being in the current continuity. If Tzachor wanted to, he could make it so that only MMPR-Galaxy was in 1 continuity then Lightspeed-Wild Force would be in another continuity then the Disney-Kiwi seasons would be in another continuity and Samurai would be in another continuity. It basically opens up a whole can of worms that could definitely end up happening. Tzachor could even make it so that none of the seasons are even in continuity with one another. Sure, some of them have teamups and such but I don't believe Tzachor really cares.

Also you do have a point about if RPM was in the current continuity then the future would be set in stone however that would automatically wipe SPD out because their year was 2025 and aliens were actually living peacefully with humans even before that year considering you could see Aliens harassing Z when she was little. I don't know how old she would have been in the flashback but at best it probably would have been maybe 2015 or something like that or maybe even 2011.
Old 12/06/11, 04:08 AM   #10
GSXT
Ranger In Training

Send a message via Yahoo to GSXT

he mix both movies footage for this teamup