Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > General Fandom Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11/06/14, 06:25 PM   #1
Rangermon
Shadow Ranger

Default Fanboys in the PR Fandom.

I've just had an encounter with a JDF fanboy... Wow, throwing their rattle out of the pram is an understatement. I thought it was healthy to address this as a problem within the fandom, to generate open discussion about it. Is it healthy to be so obsessed with something, that you can find no fault in it whatsoever? Is it 'derogatory' to call someone a fanboy if you see them behaving this way about something? Apparently, it is (somehow) but I wanted to know what other people think. So, fire away!
Old 11/13/14, 10:37 PM   #2
TokuNoob
Power Ranger

Default Re: Fanboys in the PR Fandom.

It is healthy to address it as a problem, but asking anybody on the internet to turn a mirror on themselves is pretty futile. I wonder if it's because they're gorgons. Yeah, that's probably it.

No, it isn't healthy to be so obsessed with something that you find no fault in it. It's also that kind of attitude that contributes to online bullying and bullying between people who by all right SHOULD be friends. Try not to let them get to you, but know that we've all been there.
TokuNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/14/14, 01:30 PM   #3
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Fanboys in the PR Fandom.

I'm not going to put my opinion down except for saying that it isn't right in regards to finding no fault in something or someone but some people are like that doesn't make them obsessed or obsessive about it, there's a difference between people truly believing they don't find fault in anything or anyone and actual fanboys.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply