Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05/30/20, 10:16 PM   #21
Goldar's Revenge
Power Ranger

Default Re: What if the Turbo Movie had a sequel

Well on the tv side the funny rt is that the series became more popular once the original Turbos left. Zeo was a flop, which is why a movie for that season wouldn't have even been considered. As it i Tzachor didn't want to acknowledge all the lose plot threads from the finale.
Goldar's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/30/20, 10:17 PM   #22
MMPR Forever
Power Ranger

No way MMPR was the best!
MMPR Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/30/20, 10:20 PM   #23
Goldar's Revenge
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldar's Revenge View Post
Its a hard what if. The Turbo Movie under performed and the show was starting to change themes every season. Not to mention the massive cast change that led to yearly cast changes. In another world where Turbo Movie is successful enough for a sequel...Perhaps we get a proper Space Movie. They did end the season together and with their powers intact.
I meant the popularity was falling from Season 3 through Turbo' first half. The rebooted Turbo started an upward trend in ratings that culminated in the best ratings they series ever had in LG's first half.
Goldar's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/31/20, 09:38 AM   #24
PRangerX
Administrator

It would be interesting to see what form that movie would have taken. Its hard to know for sure without knowing any potential ideas they had for another sequel. Some movies are made with more movies in mind. But the MMPR and Turbo Movies had standalone storylines and PR tends to fly by the seat of their pants ( espeially back in those days). I would also think we would have heard some behind the scenes plans if they were any.

Knowing PR, a third movie would have used Space or Galaxy...Since they would have wanted to promote the current season's toyline. But its also possible the idea of a new movie would have effected production on those seasons. Does the knowledge of having a movie produce make them follow Megaranger and Gingman more? Of course the idea of Space Themes on a movie budget could also be attractive. And actually encourage them to do their own thing more.

It would have been interesting to see how those casts would have looked and came off in a movie. I could see them bringing back some of the old cast in cameos or in a Jason and Kimberly like role. Just to help the movie's appeal. How well the movie would have done? Well I would say the odds would have been against it. But you never know. And this is a hypothetical situation where Turbo did well enough for a sequel.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/31/20, 10:54 PM   #25
No Green Spandex
Power Ranger

At least Tommy wouldn't have been in it.
No Green Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply