Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05/25/08, 06:18 PM   #1
DaiOzzyTM
Putty Patroller

Default What did you think of Operation Overdrive?

Just wondering what everyones thoughts are on this season usually i find its
3/4 of fans don't like it.
DaiOzzyTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/25/08, 07:22 PM   #2
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to PrimoPiccolo

I'm completely indifferent to Overdrive as a whole. They had some great stand-alones, especially the first 1/3 of the season, but in total it was a trainwreck. Moltor and the Fearcats were lame, Flurious was lazy, Hartford was insane, and Tyzonn had a personality that was basically clay which got molded into a new shape every episode.

Definitely near the bottom of the PR barrel.
PrimoPiccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/25/08, 09:42 PM   #3
Knightfall
Rider Power Member

Boukenger had some of the greatest potential of any sentai to adapt... and OO turned out to be a dud.
Knightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/25/08, 10:22 PM   #4
Sakura3
Power Ranger

I saw Dino Thunder through Jungle Fury #8 so far and in regards to the Operation Overdrive remarks I loved this series. I've been watching any series made by Disney and they did a really solid job on Overdrive. I like the Jewel Quest US add. That was a nice touch.

I don't know why you dudes are picking on Operation Overdrive. I saw all 32 episodes and am still watcing.
Sakura3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/26/08, 02:51 PM   #5
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to PrimoPiccolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simango
I don't know why you dudes are picking on Operation Overdrive.
Because we actually sighted reasons why it wasn't up to par with other seasons.
PrimoPiccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/26/08, 03:25 PM   #6
Kamen Rider
Henshin!

Send a message via AIM to Kamen Rider

It was a garbage season ever along with PRNS to PROO.
Kamen Rider The First #1
Kamen Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/26/08, 05:09 PM   #7
PowerOnyx
Ranger In Training

---------
Dislikes of the Power Rangers Operartion Overdrive series:
----------
Also keep in mind that I will not list "Needed more episodes" as a con. Nor will I list that the story was "Too centered on the Red Ranger" or contained "Too many explosions" as a con. Those three are just common knowledge for all of the series.
----------

Operation Overdrive

1. Will was a jerk.
2. Will saying he learned the value of teamwork at the ender, yet from episode one until the final 2 episodes he was resistant of being part of a team.
3. The "black" guy being a jerk.
4. The "black" being the thief.
5. A power Ranger being a thief.
6. The Racecar Driver didn't get the Racecar Zord.
7. Will using super-speed when it was Ronny's power
8. Having genetic Powers.
9. Genetic Powers were barely used.
10. Vella just appears at the end of the story.
11. Tyzonn was a serious character and could have possibly been the best sixth Ranger, then he became a comic relief character. Then he became Dax.
12. Tyzonn mimicking Will.
13. Lack of Spencer. He seemed to get dropped into the background.
14. Dax had no personality at all. He was the martial arts stunt man yet he never got to lead in battle or develop strategic maneuvers.
15. "Crown and Punishment" ender needed a second part to tie up the loose ends. (Mainly Vella).
16. Ronny's Bulldozer Claw weapons.
17. Thrax's existence was not explained further than he was the son of Rita & Zedd.
18. How come the Morphing Grid didn't work for the OO Rangers and Sentinel Knight could not restore their Powers or the Morphing Grid, yet he could restore five other Rangers powers regardless of the morphing grid not working?? (ermm....)
19. Bridge being in OaR. Travel to the future for ONE Ranger? Why not just use another that existed in the OO timeline? The other 4 did.
20. Alpha being as tall as everyone else.
21. Alpha being able to actually be inside the morphing grid.
22. Lack of Camdor/Miratrix "2 years ago" backstory
23. The re-designed Black Ranger costume.
24. Lack of Mighty Morphin' music playing for Adam's intro and fight scenes.
25. If the new team went to Angel Grove to get Alpha 6, where was everyone else who served as Rangers? Is Adam the only former ranger who still lives in Angel Grove?
26. The OO Rangers giving up & disbanding from the mission & each other just because they were no longer Power Rangers.
27. Never got to see Moltar or Flurious's human forms before they got transformed.
28. The intro song lyrics were horrible. Made no change when a sixth was added. And it was rap. Rap does not belong in Power Rangers. EVER. The opening theme background music was good.
29. Too much slang and ebonics.
----------
Everything else in that season I did like.
PowerOnyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/26/08, 06:17 PM   #8
Sakura3
Power Ranger

In other words that's like saying KR you practically don't like the Disney era at all.

Why don't you just stay wth the Saban era then and leave the rest of us alone who actually liked the Disney Era?

Come on guys the Disney Era 6 plus RPM are just as much part of Power Rangers as the 10 years that Saban made. You guys act like Saban was the ONLY era when it came to Power Rangers and are just disconnecting everything Ninja Storm onwards. Typical. Saban will never do Power Rangers again. They sold to Disney.
Sakura3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/26/08, 06:31 PM   #9
DaiOzzyTM
Putty Patroller

nah I don't think this was a dud Flurious was lazy because its hard to fit him into the shows when its using sentai footage, this season had some the best fighting scenes in a while, great characters like will and ronny. The treausre hunting was nice and the villains were ver very cool. Though the android thing wasn't the greatest and mr hartford was abit dull but I think it was a good series.
DaiOzzyTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/26/08, 06:43 PM   #10
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simango View Post
In other words that's like saying KR you practically don't like the Disney era at all.

Why don't you just stay wth the Saban era then and leave the rest of us alone who actually liked the Disney Era?

Come on guys the Disney Era 6 plus RPM are just as much part of Power Rangers as the 10 years that Saban made. You guys act like Saban was the ONLY era when it came to Power Rangers and are just disconnecting everything Ninja Storm onwards. Typical. Saban will never do Power Rangers again. They sold to Disney.
DinoThunder is a well loved season. Ninja Storm had its detractors but also had its fans. The Disney seasons that are meant with disdain seem to be SPD-OO ( JF is still on going). Basically the Kalish era ( whether its fair to blame him or not). Obviously there are fans that like the whole Disney era too. As its all very subjective.

I don't hate the Disney era. I think certian things could be done better. They slave too much to the Sentai plots instead of trying to tell there own story. One thing about NS and DT, was that they tried to tell there own stories. Ever since Doug and Ann left that hasn't been the case as much. I really liked Mystic Force but the basic plot was actually taken from Sentai. To be fair, Saban Entertianment relyed on Sentai heavily the last four or five years (I loved Time Force, but it was heavily based on Timeranger). Thats not to say that you can't adapt a really good sentai closely. Its just not the way you should automatically produce PR.

I can still enjoy PR as a fan. But I think there is a certain staleness now. there just feels like there is something missing. I think the whole formula they use now has become worn out. And is too predictable. The characters are too interchangeable from year to year. And everything ends up being disjionted since they go out of the Sentai footage causes them to change plans. PR's always had this problem. But there was a time when PR did its best to adapt the Sentai footage to its own story.

As for OO, there were certianly elements to it that I enjoyed as a fan. I really liked the robot Mack arch. I really liked how they handled the rift between Hartford and Mack. It was a bueatiful momments when Mack learned that his father truely loved him as a real son.

I think the jewel plot was interesting. I think at times OO suffered from being a pretty aim low series ( which actually is better then aiming high and dropping the ball). The finalie was a bit underwhelming. When you think about how the Corona Aurora was supposed to be this powerful aritifact and Mack was able to defeat Flurious like a Monster of the day. I would say OO was average.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply