Power Ranger Online Message Board  

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion > Sailor Moon Kingdom

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/23/14, 12:03 PM   #1
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 12

Here is the discussion thread to discuss the new episode.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/23/14, 06:17 PM   #2
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 12

this was an interesting episode to say the least especially with Usagi killing Mamoru and then killing herself.

It will be interesting to see what happens in 2 weeks.
Old 12/24/14, 12:48 AM   #3
PRangerX
Administrator

It was a very dramatic and heart breaking episode. It was great to finally get the Beryl backstory. Sailor Moon looked strong taking her out. Interesting how they had her do this since Venus does this in the manga. Almost felt sorry for Beryl when she died. But she paid the price for givening in to evil. Mamoru continued to be a stone cold bad ass. Although it seemed like Usagi was starting to get through to him.

We finally got to see the Senshi fight the Generals. It was a bit disapointing to not see an all out battle. But thats not what Crystal is about. It was nice to have the Senshi finally give them their memories back. But heart renching to see them suddenly get killed right when they are returned to their true selves. It was pretty sudden but I guess that adds to the tragady.

The end witb Usagi seemingly killing herself was shocking. Even though I know its part of the manga. I don't lime her given up but I know their is more to come. Matallia looked scary and like a very menacing villain here.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/24/14, 05:46 AM   #4
MattEmily
Administrator

yup it was a very dramatic and heart breaking episode indeed.
Sailor Moon did look strong taking her out.

It was sadly disappointing that the 4 Kings were killed as soon as the spell on him was broken but it does add to the tragedy.

It's disappointing seeing Sailor Moon kill Tuxedo Mask and then herself though especially since the same thing was done on the Moon Kingdom only Beryl was the one that murdered Endymion that time.

I do like knowing that they decided to change the scene with Venus killing Beryl and instead they had Sailor Moon do it.
Old 12/24/14, 12:06 PM   #5
StarHealerTornado
Putty Patroller

As I feared, this was a bad episode. Beryl's death was rushed and stupid. (Attacking her necklace? Really?) And then the Senshi/Shittenou confrontation was also rushed and pointless, like the rest of that poorly thought out subplot. Really, this episode suffered from weird pacing throughout, along with wonky animation. No Jupiter transformation? Umm.... Okay then. And what happened to Motoki? Just...a mess.
StarHealerTornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/24/14, 12:07 PM   #6
Sailor Minimoo
Putty Patroller

I have to say I was pretty disappointed with the episode too. I expected some amount of censorship on the part of Beryl, but not only did they change it to a silly necklace, they cut out what is arguably Venus's biggest scene in the series! Throw in the horrible toss away of the generals, and we're once again going back to the old anime's standard of nobody accomplishing anything but Usagi. Major disappointment. Not looking too forward to any other pointless changes to come. :x
Sailor Minimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/24/14, 12:09 PM   #7
Yamoon
Putty Patroller

I liked it but somehow the animation was not fluid or something... :( The sub plot with the Shitennou was as I always suspected, lame... Would have been much more better to give them the dramatic death that they got in the manga...

I really hope the last episode of the season would be more dramatic... Even the music was not as great as usual.

I'm a big fan of Crystal but the last 2 episodes somehow disappointed me, the serie is too rushed. Please stop this non-sense one act = one episode... One act could be done in 2 episodes with a better development.

Somehow I miss some drama there...
Yamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/24/14, 12:11 PM   #8
SolidTitania
Putty Patroller

I was shocked in the end and excited for next week ep!! I'm so glad they finally removed the shittenou and evil mamoru because its took forever and was very boring to watch, at least for me and I love the team working together to defeat beryl also beryls death. BUT the ENDING
SolidTitania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/24/14, 12:12 PM   #9
meekxthree
Putty Patroller

I agree this episode felt somewhat rushed, but I enjoyed it. I'd much rather have an episode making me sit on the edge of my seat while consecutively gasping and crying constantly than be slow yet emotional.

I geniunely teared up when Beryl was talking about how she loved Endymion, which is weird because I remember thinking how creepy it was when I was watching PGSM. The Shittenou part annoys me but in a good way (I guess??). They just regained all their memories and now they're gone. Like no, you can't do that, they better give us some flashbacks of the whole ShittenouxSenshi thing or else I will be a sad moonie. The ending I don't even want to talk about like ugh. I physically can not wait for this next episode lol.

Overall the episode was a 5/5 for me. Recorded my reaction to watch myself and it's so funny I'm thinking of uploading it to my youtube it's literally gasps and tears the whole way through. :-P

In terms of the overall reboot I'm actually loving it sooo much. I understand it probably doesn't do justice to the manga which I've not read but it feels so much less cheesy and childish. I mean I miss filler episodes and just general friendship moments but with Crystal I know to always bring tissues. ALWAYS.
meekxthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/24/14, 12:19 PM   #10
Fong03
Putty Patroller

All of StarHealerTornado's points were valid criticisms.

I found the necklace idea very silly, particularly because there had been no previous indication that it was the source of her power and ultimately her life force. I also don't know why that moment was taken from Sailor Venus. It's been a long time since we've seen someone other than Sailor Moon dispatch the baddie/evil. It would have been a nice moment for Venus and she is the one who conjured the bloody sword.

The Shitennou resolution was very unsatisfying. I was fine with the idea of keeping them alive and exploring the romance with the Senshi if it ultimately built to something. It never really did. It was obvious they had to die, but the way it played out was very rushed and not well thought out in my opinion.

I rarely notice the "wonky" animation, so I can't comment on that. (I did notice inconsistencies in Venus' uniform, but that's it.) I also was not bothered with no resolution for Motoki. This is not the episode to do that. It would have ruined the pacing. I think it can be addressed later.
Fong03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply