Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11/27/17, 01:53 PM   #1
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Why are original stories necessary in Power Rangers even with Sentai footage?

This is for Power Rangers fans to post in commenting on why they feel original stories are necessary even with the use of Sentai footage.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/27/17, 02:00 PM   #2
Sentai Is Forever
Sentai Snob

Default Re: Why are original stories necessary in Power Rangers even with Sentai footage?

I don't see how they are good at all. Sentai has all the best stories and footage
Sentai Is Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/27/17, 02:03 PM   #3
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Why are original stories necessary in Power Rangers even with Sentai footage?

My feelings on this topic have been repeatedly made clear but I feel original stories are necessary because they weren't in Sentai so they're not trying to cheapen out.

It's a live action show so they should spend the money when they're able to. Who wants to see 100% Sentai footage as an U.S. show? Not me I can spend $30-$60 to buy the DVDs to watch Sentai so there's zero point for Power Rangers being exactly the same as Sentai on top of which some villains are even better than what Toei came up with.

Lord Zedd was better when he was darker.
I thought it was a better idea with them using Sprocket and Gasket as 2 separate characters.
Dark Specter and Astronema were awesome characters.
Scorpius wasn't that great but Trakeena was.
Ransik was much better than Don was.
Master Org was much better than us having 3 different Leaders during the season.
Mesogog was much better than having those villains from Dino Earth.
Venjix was better than whichever character was the leader in Go-Onger.

Granted I don't like some power-ups but I do like most of them so that's another thing. Yes the Rangers are a team so 1 or 2 Rangers shouldn't get the exclusive Battlizers or Mega Battles but generally the majority of them are pretty awesome in fact the only one that I have hated was Conner's "Go Go Gadget" Inspector Gadget Battlizer.

The original vehicles have been awesome and I haven't hated any of them... yet.
Same thing with Ranger bases and evil lairs well not quite with evil lairs since some lairs like the ones in Overdrive were pretty dull.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/27/17, 02:03 PM   #4
No Green Spandex
Power Ranger

Power Rangers wouldn't be the same without original stories and footage. It doesn't mean that you can't use some sentai elements, but leaving to them is not the answer.
No Green Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/27/17, 02:06 PM   #5
Power Rangers Forever
Ranger In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
My feelings on this topic have been repeatedly made clear but I feel original stories are necessary because they weren't in Sentai so they're not trying to cheapen out.

It's a live action show so they should spend the money when they're able to. Who wants to see 100% Sentai footage as an U.S. show? Not me I can spend $30-$60 to buy the DVDs to watch Sentai so there's zero point for Power Rangers being exactly the same as Sentai on top of which some villains are even better than what Toei came up with.

Lord Zedd was better when he was darker.
I thought it was a better idea with them using Sprocket and Gasket as 2 separate characters.
Dark Specter and Astronema were awesome characters.
Scorpius wasn't that great but Trakeena was.
Ransik was much better than Don was.
Master Org was much better than us having 3 different Leaders during the season.
Mesogog was much better than having those villains from Dino Earth.
Venjix was better than whichever character was the leader in Go-Onger.

Granted I don't like some power-ups but I do like most of them so that's another thing. Yes the Rangers are a team so 1 or 2 Rangers shouldn't get the exclusive Battlizers or Mega Battles but generally the majority of them are pretty awesome in fact the only one that I have hated was Conner's "Go Go Gadget" Inspector Gadget Battlizer.

The original vehicles have been awesome and I haven't hated any of them... yet.
Same thing with Ranger bases and evil lairs well not quite with evil lairs since some lairs like the ones in Overdrive were pretty dull.
Thanks. Power Ranges is Power Rangers and different from Sentai in many many ways.
Power Rangers Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/27/17, 02:50 PM   #6
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

We are Power Rangers fans not Sentai Fans. Well in most cases here.
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/27/17, 07:11 PM   #7
Sentai Is Forever
Sentai Snob

Well I beg to differ. You are all American Sentai Fans. And are probably more Super Sentai fans than you all realize. One you watch enough Super Sentai you will understand why original footage is redundant and bad for American Sentai.
Sentai Is Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/27/17, 07:19 PM   #8
Power Rangers Forever
Ranger In Training

Actually a good number of us are Power Rangers fans are both.
Power Rangers Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/27/17, 07:20 PM   #9
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

Because that is the essense of Power Rangers and always has been. You can borrow fro. Sentai but not without a good reason. PR needs to be its own story, different from the source material to some degree.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply