Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/04/18, 08:13 AM   #1
Super Cena
Power Ranger

Default How would MMPR have continued without the cast change?

The big cast change in mid season 2 changed a lot. How would things have been different if the original cast didn't break up?
Super Cena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/04/18, 10:55 AM   #2
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: How would MMPR have continued without the cast change?

probably not much.

Scorpina probably wouldn't be able to fool Zack in her Human Form though. There'd be no Power Transfer until Season 3 since Amy Jo would still be wanting to leave so Catherine would still take her place.

The big changes would be when the Zeo powers came around since I don't know how you would handle that other than Kat being the Pink Zeo Ranger and Trini being Yellow. I would assume that Jason would remain as Red since he would still be the leader so my guess is that Billy would still be stepping down to leave a spot open for 1 of the other guys.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/04/18, 11:13 AM   #3
Tommy Fan
Putty Patroller

I don't see them getting rid of Tommy though. Jason replaces would have become Zeo Blue.
Tommy Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/04/18, 11:15 AM   #4
KimandTommy
Power Ranger

I think season 5 would have ended with the marriage of Kim and Tommy. I don't think she would have left if the others stayed. Kat could have been used as a major villain like she should have been.
KimandTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/04/18, 11:18 AM   #5
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Fan View Post
I don't see them getting rid of Tommy though. Jason replaces would have become Zeo Blue.
it wasn't their decision he was wanting to leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimandTommy View Post
I don't think she would have left if the others stayed. Kat could have been used as a major villain like she should have been.
I do think she would've left regardless of what happened with Walter, Thuy and Austin.

Kat wouldn't even be a character if Amy Jo didn't want to leave.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/04/18, 01:03 PM   #6
Tommy Fan
Putty Patroller

But JDF didn't leave until Turbo. Why wouldn't he still be around for Zeo?
Tommy Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/04/18, 01:04 PM   #7
Usagi Reborn
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
it wasn't their decision he was wanting to leave.

I do think she would've left regardless of what happened with Walter, Thuy and Austin.

Kat wouldn't even be a character if Amy Jo didn't want to leave.
Which would have been a shame since Kat ended up being such a great character.
Usagi Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/04/18, 04:55 PM   #8
DinoThunderKira
Comic Relief

I think it would have gone more a long the lines of the first half. Its hard to know what would have happened with the three parters. Since so mucn was done on the fly after three of the originals left.

Last edited by DinoThunderKira; 01/04/18 at 05:18 PM.
DinoThunderKira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/04/18, 09:50 PM   #9
Overdrive Omega
Comic Relief

I think the cast would have started to break up in season 3. Things wouldn't just keep going.
Overdrive Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/05/18, 12:51 PM   #10
Miki1988
Power Ranger

Here's how imagined how things would work.

MMPR S2:
- The "Ninja Encounter" episodes play out differently and focus more on Rocky, Adam and Aisha and their ninja training who become recurring characters on the series (but they don't get kidnapped or find out who the Rangers are).
- Any episodes focusing on the three newcomers focus on their ninja training.
- Tommy is not promoted to the team leader position, he stays in the 6th Ranger position for the time being.
- The Piece Conference plot starts in the second half of the season, anytime after episode 30 and is better developed.
- The season also focuses more on Jason, Trini and Zack, with Billy getting a science competition plot which would set up him starting a science facility by the time Zeo starts and Tommy/Kim becoming a more serious couple.
- Towards the end of the season, Rocky, Adam and Aisha are kidnapped after Zedd becomes interested in the trio becoming his new evil Rangers. This leads to the three finding out the true identities of their friends and them becoming their allies.
- S2 ends with the Piece Conference plot semi-completed and the revelation of Jason, Trini and Zack being chosen to go to the Piece Conference.
- S3 starts with the "A Friend In Need" episodes and has the trio still in it, with Jason still being in charge of the team.
- No Rita/Zedd marriage in S2.

MMPR S3:
- "Ninja Quest" starts off with the trio being divided between going to Switzerland and staying in Angel Grove with the team. The Rito vs. Thunderzrods battle still occurs, however, upon arriving at the Command Center, the team is surprised to find Rocky, Adam and Aisha there. After a discussion with Zordon, it is decided that the new trio would go with Kim, Billy and Tommy to seek the Ninja Temple and Ninjor.
- Later in S3, the plot of Aisha trying to find her parents is properly introduced. Jason, Trini and Zack are demoted to recurring character status and are slowly written out with the three leaving for the Piece Conference with a better write-off. Tommy becomes the team leader.
- Second half of the third season, enter the Pen Global Games plot and Tommy/Kim facing the possibility of separation. Kat still has her storyline as it is on the show.
- The Zeo Crystal arc still happens (The metallic armor thee-parter) and ends the same way, but doesn't end up with the idea of Zordon sending the sub-crystals to different time periods, but rather to different parts of the World.
- No Alien Ranger arc. Kimberly leaves to Florida to compete on the Pen Globals and Tommy leaves with her. Kat replaces Kim, with Ninjor and Alpha upgrading the Ranger's powers which ends in the team gaining the Kakuranger suits at the same time. Rocky becomes the leader of the team and the show switches to Kakuranger footage for any morphed or Zord scenes (with partially filmed US footage if necessary). Kat becomes the White Ranger and others keep their Ranger colors.
- The season ends with Zedd and Master Vile trying to use the last of their powers to defeat the Rangers and it works, thus rendering the Rangers' powers and Zords useless. Due to lack of power, both Zedd and Vile retreat for a while, allowing the Rangers to search for their Zeo sub-crystals. At least that's what looks like at first.
- Hogday Afternoon has no Alien Rangers in it, but involves the Rangers recharging their powers for one last fight to defeat the Hydro Hog. During the fight, Rito and Goldar break into the Command Center and take advantage of helpless and defenseless Alpha 5 and take the Zeo Crystal. The final scene is the same as it is in the actual show, with Aisha being present instead of Tanya, ending the series in the cliffhanger ending we all know & love.

Zeo:
- It starts off with Master Vile and Zedd being completely defeated by the Machine Empire. Fast forward to 5 years later where we find out that things have changed in Angel Grove since the MMPR's final battle.
- Jason, Trini and Zack make a cameo appearance by visiting Billy's new hi-tech & science facility, with the four going to pay a visit to Rocky, Adam and Aisha at an Angel Grove College.
- The Machine Empire invasion starts. The seven of them are teleported to the new Power Chamber, where they meet Kat, Alpha 5 and Zordon. Billy decides not to become a Ranger again and focus to his science & hi-tech projects and personal life and gives his Zeo sub-crystal to Rocky.
- Aisha becomes Zeo Ranger II, Rocky Zeo Ranger III, Adam Zeo Ranger IV, Jason Zeo Ranger V and Kat Zeo Ranger I.
- No arrowhead plot, no Tommy brainwashed storyline and no "Billy has a secret" plot. Kat becomes the team scientist.
- Mondo is destroyed by the Super Zeo Megazord and Gasket and Archerina take over the leadership of the Machine Empire. No Louie Kaboom either.
- No Rita/Zedd in Zeo, but Zedd comes back for a revenge on Kat for betraying him, resulting in a MMPR/Zeo team-up episode where he uses a brainwashed Rita and a re-vived Goldar and Rito to do what he wants. Tommy and Kimberly are revealed to be married.
- Aisha succeeds in finding her parents in a multiple-episode arc.
- Trey remains the Gold Ranger for the entirety of the season.
- Zeo ends with the Rangers destroying the leadership of the Machine Empire.

I could go on, but I don't want to since it's pretty clear that the same cast wouldn't stay for a long time anyway even if Saban agreed to make the show union or to grant higher paychecks to the cast members that left. I can see Jason, Trini and Zack making it somehow to beginning of S3 (at least the first 4-6 episodes) with Amy Jo still leaving the show after the third season. I can see Aisha making it to Zeo Ranger status, but not beyond.

Then again, there's so many possibilities of what would the show be like had the originals stayed during the entirety of MMPR. But I wouldn't count on them making anything beyond cameo appearances past their own series/seasons.
Miki1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply