Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 09/27/06, 06:50 PM   #11
Ryu Dairenjaa
Power Ranger

Barzaa was the Mentor in Zyurenjaa, He was human who guarded the warriors for centuries, Zordon, Well you know who he is, Mentor who's stuck in the tube and picked people to be rangers, But I mean the replacement of Nai and Mea to LeeLee is a bad idea for the Human Vampire
Ryu Dairenjaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/11/14, 11:32 PM   #12
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: "Snow Prince" Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
My main problem with the episode is that the Terrors just broke the rules of darkness like they were nothing. After they were willing to kill their own for doing the same. I know Itassis voiced some concern but Sculpin all of the sudden has no problem cheating. When he was one of the one's against it earlier. Maybe since Snow Prince got invovled they got a little leeway. But it wasn't stated on the show or implied. Maybe Sculpin was willing to take the chance to get to Leanbow. It still is weak though either way.
That's true, the Terrors did break their own rules but I like to think that it was because it was their mission to make sure that The Master revived and if it meant breaking the rules of darkness to do so then it was something that they had to risk.

Quote:
Snow Prince wasn't that impressive and came out of left field. But he was really there to futher the plot of the episode, not be important to what comes later on. It was nice to see who the original Mystic Worriers learned from. So does this mean that Daggeron was the younger member of the team during the great war? Was Udonna taught by the Snow Prince or by Leanbow too? Just some unanswered questions to ponder.
I agree that he was't that impressive but it was nice to get some back story from back during ancient times. I don't know if Daggeron was the youngest or not but it's a good question and the same thing with Udonna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRanger View Post
I was surprised to see Leanbow back. It was nice to see "Koragg" in battle
again. I like how they have made him part of the plot, instead of just having him return before the finalie. The Terrors are actually trying to go after them. And now we are getting some convergence with the Udonna/Clare subplot. With Udonna being captured and Clare knocked out.
It was definitely nice to see him back in battle again and yes it was nice to see him be part of the plot.

Quote:
So things seem to be building to the finalie instead of just being a steady diet of fillers until the end. PR finale's are at their best when they have a build. The lack of build up at the end of DinoThunder hurt its finalie in some ways. Where as the built up at the end of Ninja Storm enhanced its finalie. I liked "Snow Prince" as an episode that didn't come off so fillerish and futhered the plot some more. Some of the Internal logic was off ( mainly with the rules of darkness violation) but it was an entertianing episode. It wasn't blow away great obviously, so I will give it a 6/10.
That was an awesome thing about Mystic Force, they didn't have filler episodes except for when Morticon was still around.

Quote:
From what I hear, the Prince was female in Magiranger. She was a legendary Saint that helped the Ranger's master their Legendary Armor.
That's correct, Snow Prince was a female in Magiranger and he actually had a baby form as well. He was seen as a Heavenly Saint as were the others such as the one with the Gatekeeper powers and anyone in Mystic Force that we know has an Ancient Mystic Mode.

Quote:
They didn't make Clare a carbon copy of her Sentai counterpart. Instead of having her have amnesia, she was the duaghter of the Gatekeeper. Plus the Legendarry Saints thing is tweaked top being about "ancient" Mystic Worriers ( ancient as in from 20 years ago lol). OF course the family aspect of the team is toned down to just being Udonna, Nick, and Leanbow. The Rangers did not get their Legend Armor the same way that the Magirangers got their armor. Leelee is an American orginal. As our Tobey and Phineas. I am not saying Mystic doesn't heavily copy the Sentai in a lot of key ways. But they do attempt to go about it in a bit of a different way.
You're right, Clare and Magiranger's Gatekeeper are far different. Magiranger only had one for instance and she lost her memory and I believe she did it on purpose. In Power Rangers there were two and according to Udonna Niella was just as bumbling as Clare was. Also you're right in regards to the Heavenly Saints thing being tweaked, there's no Saints in Mystic Force, it's just seen as a power-up for Daggeron and Leanbow.
Also you're right with the family relationships and in regards to the Legend Warrior powers. You're also right with Leelee, Toby and Phinas as well as the brief glimpse of Piggy and Piggy's lines that referenced S.P.D.
Quote:
However, it would be nice to have a season as original as LG again. I doubt we will see it. But it would be pretty fun to take a Sentai and completely manipulate the footage to produce an original concept. NS and DT obviously were made originally but they still kept their season's particular themes and weren't as epic as LG. But its probably as close as PR will come to being original from this point on.
Yes it would be nice to have an original season again but Galaxy wasn't as original as you might think. Magna Defender's rivalry against the evil head leader for killing "Zika" was the same, it's just Power Rangers changed it to his son wherewas in Sentai it was his brother... and of course there was no Scorpius or Stingwingers in the footage. Furio was another one that was original footage even though the suit itself wasn't since Furio was actually a Megaranger costume.

The whole Lights of Orion stuff was basically the same as the Sentai.
The evil zords were basically the same, Sentai just didn't have the Galaxy Book to help them figure out the truth.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/12/14, 12:55 AM   #13
Zabitan
Administrator

I just wish that instead of making Snowgel a separate character they made Snowgel Udonna's Ancient Mystic Mode since her sister could transform into it.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/12/14, 09:34 PM   #14
MattEmily
Administrator

Actually it wasn't made clear whether Gatekeeper was an Ancient Mystic Mode-type of form or not since it was never stated and personally I'd like to think it wasn't since both Niella and Clare were capable of using it.

I personally like that Snowgel was a separate character and wasn't one of Udonna's forms, not all of the ancients should have had other forms. I personally thought it showed a difference of power knowing Gatekeeper, Daggeron and Leanbow were capable of different forms whereas Udonna was only capable of a Ranger power.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/12/14, 09:36 PM   #15
Zabitan
Administrator

I guess your right I just thought it was weird she didn't have one considering her husband, and sister did.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply