Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/07/15, 12:24 AM   #1
redspdranger
Putty Patroller

Default Power Ranger RPM a possibility in real world?

For the years since i started seeing power rangers, All the concepts i came across, i felt it cannot happen in real world at all. But when i saw power rangers rpm a spectacular season by all means, i started feeling that, the RPM concept could become reality. I'm not saying power rangers will exist,i'm saying about the concept of power rangers rpm where a virus is commanding all the systems and robots to do what he want and causes havoc in the whole universe. See i'm a developer in a Information Technology Company. We have been providing cloud computed apps for business verticals including health,education and media. Our most prominent application is health where we are working with the doctor to prescribe the best possible care to the patient. We take all their personal info,clinical info and family history and based on the data we present the doctor for the best possible care map for him to order. So when we could get the application give commands itself according to the situation,data, the day is not far when robots will also start taking decision themselves using their stored premeditated information than getting orders from the human. So i have started seriously thinking rpm could become a reality ? what's your thought about this. Could too much artifical intelligence degrade the humans like in rpm ?
redspdranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/16/15, 10:06 PM   #2
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Re: Power Ranger RPM a possibility in real world?

Technology could diffinitly be misused. Relying on it too much also could lead to disaster. I don't know if its possible for Artificial Intellgence to actually become self aware but there are differently real dangers here if we aren't responsible. RPM isn't the first series or movie to deal with these issues. And it won't be the last.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/20/15, 08:53 PM   #3
Phantom Stranger
Ranger In Training

I think its a little far fetched. Sure we can become too reliant on technology...But why would computers become living things? Let a lone build their own army. RPM could never happen in real life. Especially the Spandex warriors part.
Phantom Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/20/15, 08:54 PM   #4
Spike Hart
Ranger In Training

But its not spandex!!!!!
Spike Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/20/15, 10:34 PM   #5
No Green Spandex
Power Ranger

Okay Dr. K.
No Green Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/24/15, 07:24 PM   #6
Usagi Reborn
Power Ranger

No way! This is right up there with people who used to think the Government would make Ranger powers in real life. Its just a fantasy. There is no Venjix out there. Only flawed human beings that need help before they hurt someone else.
Usagi Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/24/15, 07:26 PM   #7
Space Nerd
Comic Relief

Picked a hell of a topic to make my first post given the last line of Usagi's post. But the poster is right. Its not about technology turning against us. Its what the people using the technology. If people missuse technology to hurt us than its on them, not some non exisitant AI.
Space Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/24/15, 07:26 PM   #8
Usagi Reborn
Power Ranger

Thanks, I just started posting too. Been lurking for awhile. But it seems its infectious. Won't be surprise if it is for you too.
Usagi Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/25/15, 03:52 PM   #9
Everyone Loves Rocky
Ranger In Training

It doesn't really matter if computers can come a live or not. Its a very real possibility that technology can destory us if it is missued. An RPM future could happen if mankind isn't responsible with how its uses technology. Unfortunately the Power Rangers won't be there to save us.
Everyone Loves Rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/25/15, 03:54 PM   #10
Starlight Supreme
Comic Relief

Who says aritfical intellegence can't exist? Science Fiction often becomes reality after awhile. In the future I could see AI becoming self aware enough to inflict damage. Especially it feels threatened. Lets not be arrogant here.
Starlight Supreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply