Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers Online Feedback And Requests

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadClosed Thread

Old 12/05/11, 10:42 PM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Default About an altercation in one of our threads

I got rid of or edited some of the posts that contained arguing here. Some name calling and behavior was done that was not apropiate. Any sanctions against anyone will be done in private and not made public. I will not single anyone out.

But this type of behavior is not tolerated and will result in sanctions. If such behavior continues banning may even be neccessary ( I have rarelly permbanned anyone besides spammers, so that would be a shame).

I want this board to be a place where people can disagree and have passionate arguements. But calling calling people names and calling them stupid for their opinions is not what I have in mind.

I'm not saying people have to baby each other but lets use our common sense. I am only posting this so people get a feel for the way they should conduct themselves on the board. Not to embarrash anyone. Thats why I am not naming names.

There are not many strict rules on this board. So I don't think I am adding very much.

Thank You
Old 12/05/11, 10:50 PM   #2
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Default Re: About an altercation in one of out threads

I'm not changing, so deal with it one way or another.
Old 12/07/11, 07:38 PM   #3
TokuNoob
Power Ranger

In any sane board neither of us would've gotten away with our bullshit for as long as we have. Honestly, the first banning wouldn't be a shame if it's necessary. It'd be a crowning moment of awesome. If someone is stirring up trouble on the board then the sooner this board gets the backbone to do something about it the better off it'll be. If that has to be me then fine. Parting piece of advice though: Decade shouldn't be a moderator. That's not an attack upon his character. It's a fact.
Old 12/07/11, 07:56 PM   #4
MattEmily
Administrator

You have a very valid point on everything, Toku. However based on your post history, you haven't done anything at all.
Old 12/07/11, 07:58 PM   #5
TokuNoob
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
You have a very valid point on everything, Toku. However based on your post history, you haven't done anything at all.
What do you mean? Most of my bullshit's been removed.
Old 12/07/11, 08:03 PM   #6
MattEmily
Administrator

Ah, I wouldn't know anything about what you've done if it's been deleted or edited then.
Old 12/07/11, 08:27 PM   #7
PRangerX
Administrator

Toku might be talking about the original PR.

I don't want to call anyone one out here. But lets just say that certain behavior that I have tolerated here in the past won't be tolerated anymore.
Old 12/08/11, 01:22 AM   #8
MattEmily
Administrator

The original PR?

Anyway I'm sure some people are glad that you're finally cracking down on people who do bad behavior. Granted I don't think anyone cares if people swear or not since people should have the right to free speech even though that doesn't really apply to boards like these however there obviously needs to be a fine line between acceptable behavior and freedom of speech.

There's a popular misunderstanding of the Bill of Rights in which does not give you the right to free speech. It just prevents the government from making laws on such things but it doesn't apply to non-government licensed things.

Last edited by MattEmily; 12/08/11 at 11:19 AM.
Old 12/08/11, 11:45 AM   #9
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
There's a popular misunderstanding of the Bill of Rights in which does not give you the right to free speech. It just prevents the government from making laws on such things
Which is also absolutely wrong. If you were were correct, then I could yell fire in a theater without legal troubles from the government, yet that is not the case.
Old 12/08/11, 05:24 PM   #10
MattEmily
Administrator

It's not incorrect. I read it myself. But in that case, it would be inducing panic so you can't really compare it to other situations. Inducing panic can be a federal offense. No one is going to let anyone get away with a crime regardless. There's a difference between making it so that the government can't prevent laws on such stuff and trying to keep people safe.

Granted some people don't really seem to care about keeping people safe otherwise we wouldn't have had so many suicides.

Last edited by MattEmily; 12/08/11 at 05:47 PM.
Post New ThreadClosed Thread