Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/29/18, 12:46 PM   #21
Bandai Guy
Comic Relief

Default Re: More Zyu Footage

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Master View Post
Its an interesting what if. But I don't think they were just going to keep paying for more Zyu footage. Not when Toei was making new Sentais every year. And casts were alreay starting to have massive turnover. Saban Entertainment had to know cast changes were inevitable once the actors got too old. So it made ir more convient to go with the new Sentai Footage and change things up.
Plus it made more sense for toy sales. You would have to keep changing the zords at minimum. Which would force more crazy footage juggling if you kept the Zyu Costumes. Expenses that made even less sense when the fad ended.
Bandai Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/24/18, 06:50 AM   #22
Rossovan
Putty Patroller

Zyu2 did a great job in keeping MMPR going beyond it's planned 40 episode run. Would have loved a bit more of course, seeing more Rangers with the Dragon Shield and giving the original Zords a better send off. But we all know Saban won't spend money if he doesn't have too.

i can see why they went with Kibaranger for the White Ranger as it has an emblem on the chest that at least resembles the power coins, so it fit well enough thematically and kept Tommy fans happy.

I do think in season 3 new helmets should have been redesigned at least, again i guess it's a simple fact of money they'd rather not spend but by season 3 so much was US footage (Zords aside) that a few new helmets couldn't have added to much to production costs.
Rossovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/24/18, 08:20 AM   #23
Goldar's Revenge
Power Ranger

It certainly was a unique rime for the franchise. It made sense to commision new footage when Fox ordered more episodes. No one expected Powee Rangers to become so popular out of the gate. So they reacted and learned from it. And one of the major things they also learned was that fans loved Tommy. " So we better bring that guy back! "
Goldar's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/27/18, 11:40 AM   #24
Cyber Astronema
Putty Patroller

Wouldn't ot have been too expensive?
Cyber Astronema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/27/18, 12:55 PM   #25
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miki1988 View Post
Well, after 155 episodes, it was time to change the set anyway, because you can't have the characters talking to the same stock footage of a guy pretending to be a giant floating head and also have him stock-footage-mentor those same characters forever. Besides, I'm even surprised that they managed to keep the CC set on the show for as long as they did.
I hate to break it to you but it was still pretty much the same stock footage of Zordon. Command Center Zordon and Power Chamber Zordon they were still using David Fielding's stock footage for the majority of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Astronema View Post
Wouldn't ot have been too expensive?
yes
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/27/18, 03:15 PM   #26
Miki1988
Power Ranger

They were using David Fielding's face, but to me, Zordon's tube in Zeo was shorter than the one in MMPR. Plus when the Rangers, Billy and Alpha or anyone else speaking to him, they are clearly looking in a slightly different direction during Zeo than in MMPR. So it couldn't have been the same stock footage. When they changed the Command Center set with the Power Chamber set, they clearly changed where his tube is located.

That and Zordon's face looked more like a human head in Zeo than it ever did in MMPR. In MMPR, Zordon had a ghost-like look. Zack says it himself right in the first episode: "We're talking to a giant floating head!". A look that the producers did away with starting with Zeo by giving Zordon a more realistic one for his head.
Miki1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/28/18, 01:24 AM   #27
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miki1988 View Post
They were using David Fielding's face, but to me, Zordon's tube in Zeo was shorter than the one in MMPR. Plus when the Rangers, Billy and Alpha or anyone else speaking to him, they are clearly looking in a slightly different direction during Zeo than in MMPR. So it couldn't have been the same stock footage. When they changed the Command Center set with the Power Chamber set, they clearly changed where his tube is located.

That and Zordon's face looked more like a human head in Zeo than it ever did in MMPR. In MMPR, Zordon had a ghost-like look. Zack says it himself right in the first episode: "We're talking to a giant floating head!". A look that the producers did away with starting with Zeo by giving Zordon a more realistic one for his head.
David NEVER shot any new footage so yes it is indeed the same stock footage of him as Zordon. They just shot a whole single batch of scenes of him as Zordon in 1 day for MMPR and never brought him back to do re-shoots.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/30/18, 11:10 AM   #28
Lightspeed Fire
Putty Patroller

Its a cool idea. But I think the cost issue would have derailed it.
Lightspeed Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply