Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/21/17, 08:27 AM   #21
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Re: Bruce Kalish needs to come back

I remember back when people used to trash him for his work. I would say one thing defending him or trying to be level headed and suddenly I was a Kalish Lover lol. The fandom seems to have softened up a lot about him since then.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/17, 08:35 AM   #22
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
I remember back when people used to trash him for his work. I would say one thing defending him or trying to be level headed and suddenly I was a Kalish Lover lol. The fandom seems to have softened up a lot about him since then.
that's because he finally got the picture that he wasn't hired to be Tzachor Jr.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/17, 11:25 AM   #23
Goldar's Revenge
Power Ranger

Kalish had no understanding of Power Ranges going in and was led to believe it was just a close adaption of Sentai. But he waw a good writer and a nice guy. He was nice enough to expose Jack Olesker at RB, even after he was off the series.
Goldar's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/17, 11:32 AM   #24
Tzachor Era
Ranger In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
that's because he finally got the picture that he wasn't hired to be Tzachor Jr.
There is only one Jonathon Tzachor , few can come cose to measuring up. He is the mastermind behind PR's greatness.
Tzachor Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/17, 11:34 AM   #25
Sentai Is Forever
Sentai Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzachor Era View Post
There is only one Jonathon Tzachor , few can come cose to measuring up. He is the mastermind behind PR's greatness.
Agreed, no one understood the true role of American Sentai more than him. are Kalish was write to try and continue where he left off. The fans gave him unneeded critism.
Sentai Is Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/17, 12:00 PM   #26
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentai Is Forever View Post
Agreed, no one understood the true role of American Sentai more than him. are Kalish was write to try and continue where he left off. The fans gave him unneeded critism.
it was warranted criticism you may want Power Rangers to be a copy-and-paste of Sentai but others don't so the criticism wasn't unneeded

I don't know why you can't comprehend by now that you already have Sentai why do you need another product matching what was already done? That's just utterly ridiculous to be wanting that since you already have it there's no good reason to be re-creating the show identical to what Toei did.
Old 12/21/17, 05:25 PM   #27
Gosei Gold
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
it was warranted criticism you may want Power Rangers to be a copy-and-paste of Sentai but others don't so the criticism wasn't unneeded

I don't know why you can't comprehend by now that you already have Sentai why do you need another product matching what was already done? That's just utterly ridiculous to be wanting that since you already have it there's no good reason to be re-creating the show identical to what Toei did.
Wasn't Haim Saban's whole idea to shoot American Scenes to splice together with the Sentai Action? I don't think he meant to actually bring the exact Sentai Season over verbatium.
Gosei Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/17, 06:06 PM   #28
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosei Gold View Post
Wasn't Haim Saban's whole idea to shoot American Scenes to splice together with the Sentai Action? I don't think he meant to actually bring the exact Sentai Season over verbatium.
yes that was his exact idea
Old 12/21/17, 07:09 PM   #29
Sentai Snob
Sentai Snob.

Thankfully Tzachor was around to make sure American Sentai stayed close to Super Sentai. Since Saban's original idea was silly.
Sentai Snob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/17, 07:16 PM   #30
Tzachor Era
Ranger In Training

But Tzachor wasn't all about Sentai. He did original seasons like Space and Galaxy.
Tzachor Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply