Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11/08/16, 01:02 AM   #21
Digifiend
Power Ranger

Default Re: Season 3 Ninja Suits Theory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammy View Post
The Alien Rangers weren't seen controlling the Ninja Zords at all. Falconzord doesn't count here since it was already shown to be compatible with the Shogun Megazord which the Aquitians did control. Yeah, the Battle Borgs were thinner Shogunzords that couldn't combine.
Yeah, the Falconzord was operated by remote control, not by the Aquitians. The remote was destroyed with the Command Center.
Digifiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/09/18, 05:12 PM   #22
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiffRanger View Post
They existed because they had them leftover from the movie. Same with the Tengas.
true but that's not a decent enough excuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium321 View Post
1, everything on that show exists to sell toys.
2, not really toning down as much as making it more cartoony through special effects. Effects heavy violence was somehow okay because it was less realistic to the 90s mom organizations.
3, this is half right, as it saved money on paying the actors to do their stunts and action scenes which had become a bit of an expense at that point. But it was still all original footage, which was expensive to make though it turns out that it's super easy to cheap out on paying people who's faces aren't on screen, especially if they work mainly stunts.
4 was "it was in the movie" and easy to bring to the show without having to pay Fox for suits/rights.
well mostly everything on the show is there to sell toys.
as for 4 I don't think that's quite right since the suits were the creation of 20th Century Fox meaning they had owned anything to do with that specific movie including the suits but not the characters that were made for the Power Rangers TV show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK19 View Post
I think it was something that was created for the movie and they continued this into the series..
it was something created for the movie but why and how they were able to keep on using it for the show is unknown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britranger View Post
I'd heard it was something to do with cutting down imitations of violence by children- the ninja suits are a halfway-house morph that allows for grunt fights but reduces ease of imitation, because they're no longer just teenagers but magical superninjas. Hence why we also got no unmorphed fights in Zeo save very rare and brief occasions. Could be nonsense though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkvoodle View Post
Maybe it was for the stunt teams' benefit. Those suits looked a lot more mobile than the standard costumes...
Quote:
Originally Posted by big smile View Post
I don't think it had anything to do with violence because they went back to unmorphed fights in Turbo. It was probably just to sell more toys.
I do think it had to do with violence they just didn't care by the time it went to Turbo since they weren't having soccer Moms complain since once MMPR was over most people left except for the diehard fans and as for the stunt team that wouldn't have made a difference since they would've switched into the stunt suits for stunt purposes they wouldn't wear the hero suits for stunt purposes unless it was the only version of the suit that they had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium321 View Post
It's half right because it saved money, but wasn't entirely about saving money as they still had to pay for original footage to fill that time. The other points matter more to the end reasoning is what I meant, it still saved some money but wasn't a very cost effective means of saving money.

You know, it may have just been more of an intimidation game to the remaining actors too. Saban tossing a "we can cut your screen time down even more" heck, that season was filled with gutting their screen time. Just a shady "keep them in line" move especially after the movie should have given them room to demand more money.
yea I agree with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonRangerBurai View Post
I go with the 'Made to Sell Toys' theory. Hell, Saban has been known to skip seasons of Super Sentai just because the toys didn't sell overseas (Go-Busters & To-Qger, anyone)?
don't put the blame all on Saban since I doubt it's all their doing it's probably a mutual decision between Saban, Bandai and Toei.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
you mean aside from the battleborgs looking like pretty much the exact same thing as the shogun zords but thinner? Also, didn't they control shogun and Ninja zord at some point?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankh Primo View Post
The writers actually navigated that pretty well.

The Battleborgs were a gift to the Alien Rangers from Ninjor, and the Shogunzords were activated by Finster using technology taken from the Falconzord, which was obviously a gift to the Power Rangers from Ninjor. So that explained their similar appearance.
I don't think so since while they tried to navigate it well you could still partially tell when they were stoned statues that the Shogunzords were their original forms and not rebuilt forms. Ninjor was used to activate them as a power source while the Falconzord was just used as a technological aspect to help with the assist in activating them due to how long they were probably stone statues.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/09/18, 05:53 PM   #23
Zabitan
Administrator

I wonder what would happen if the show had multiple minion types like both the American Tengas, and Kakuranger's Dorodoroos.

And one minion type could be fought in civilian mode while the other had to be fought in Ninja Mode.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/09/18, 06:13 PM   #24
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabitan View Post
I wonder what would happen if the show had multiple minion types like both the American Tengas, and Kakuranger's Dorodoroos.

And one minion type could be fought in civilian mode while the other had to be fought in Ninja Mode.
heads would probably fly and us fans would probably go insane. I've always thought Rita and Zedd should've done that with Finster's Putties, Finster's Super Putties, the Z-Putties and Tengas heck we barely even saw the P-trons and Chromites much in the same scene in fact we really didn't have an interesting season where they had more than one set of foot soldiers even in SPD they were all Krybots just the Blueheads and Orangeheads were a more advanced version of them.
Old 01/10/18, 01:48 AM   #25
Miki1988
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoony Spoonerson View Post
The Disney civilian powers were definitely a move away from violence and martial arts. Sometimes the in-universe explanations for their powers was better than others, but it's no coincidence nearly every Disney season had them.
You're right on the Disney civilian powers.

Ninja Storm = a ninja-themed season, so the civilian powers were actually a part of the plot and integrated into the show.

DinoThunder = Dino Gems. Genetic-based civilian powers.

S.P.D. = The Rangers inherited them from their parents who worked for S.P.D. and Sam was established to be the last one to have them by getting them from his parents.

Mystic Force = Magic. An excuse for the Rangers to have civilian powers.

Operation Overdrive = Gene Randomizer. As in another version of Mystic Force's and DinoThunder's civilian powers.

Jungle Fury = The civilian powers were written into the season's plot like those in Ninja Storm, plus is was a martial-arts based season. So no need for an excuse for them here.

R.P.M. = Dillon was a hybrid, so his civilian powers were written into his own storyline. I don't recall other R.P.M. Rangers having any civilian powers, because we've actually had hand-to-hand un-morphed fights in that season.

Anyway, I liked the MMPR S3 Ninja Powers. I wish they could have the Rangers use them more so they could slowly ditching the Zyuranger suits.
Miki1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/10/18, 08:20 AM   #26
VR Master
Power Ranger

I think Eddie did away with the civlian powers for RPM. Dillion was a hybrid because it suited the story and probably would have been done that way if there were never any civlian powers.
VR Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/10/18, 11:43 AM   #27
Ninja Brody
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miki1988 View Post
You're right on the Disney civilian powers.

Ninja Storm = a ninja-themed season, so the civilian powers were actually a part of the plot and integrated into the show.

DinoThunder = Dino Gems. Genetic-based civilian powers.

S.P.D. = The Rangers inherited them from their parents who worked for S.P.D. and Sam was established to be the last one to have them by getting them from his parents.

Mystic Force = Magic. An excuse for the Rangers to have civilian powers.

Operation Overdrive = Gene Randomizer. As in another version of Mystic Force's and DinoThunder's civilian powers.

Jungle Fury = The civilian powers were written into the season's plot like those in Ninja Storm, plus is was a martial-arts based season. So no need for an excuse for them here.

R.P.M. = Dillon was a hybrid, so his civilian powers were written into his own storyline. I don't recall other R.P.M. Rangers having any civilian powers, because we've actually had hand-to-hand un-morphed fights in that season.

Anyway, I liked the MMPR S3 Ninja Powers. I wish they could have the Rangers use them more so they could slowly ditching the Zyuranger suits.
I agree , eventually using the Kukuranger suits would have made sense. Instead of doing the Alien Ranger Plot.
Ninja Brody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/10/18, 11:45 AM   #28
PRangerX
Administrator

Well they already had the MMPR suits for most of season 3. And had the Alien Rangers finish off the season. So I don't think thry were really ready to change suits until Zeo.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/10/18, 12:26 PM   #29
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Brody View Post
I agree , eventually using the Kukuranger suits would have made sense. Instead of doing the Alien Ranger Plot.
no it made more sense to use the Kakuranger suits for the Aquitians due to the fact White was female and was the leader in the footage it would've made zero sense seeing Kimberly, Kat or even Aisha bark out orders especially over their leader Tommy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
Well they already had the MMPR suits for most of season 3. And had the Alien Rangers finish off the season. So I don't think thry were really ready to change suits until Zeo.
yea I completely agree
Old 01/10/18, 10:12 PM   #30
Todd Oliver
Ranger In Training

Send a message via ICQ to Todd Oliver

They could have made Tommy Red Ranger. Red takes the lead in a lot of the Kukuranger footage.
Todd Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply