Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion > VR Troopers Online > VR Troopers Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/07/11, 06:57 PM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Battle Begins Part 1 Discussion

This episode really moved fast. Once Professor Hart contacted the Kids it seemed like the got to the lab pretty quickly. It seemed like they got their too easily after the bridge was destoryed. I think I actually liked Jeb better when he didn't talk. Makes him more heartwarming.

I forgot about the Troopers getting a recording from Ryan's dad. They sure seem to accept their roles pretty quickly. No second guessing like in Day of the Dumbster.

The introduction of Ziktor was perfect. As he was this sinister industrialist slowly buying up historical land. With of course an even more sinister idenity as Grimlord. Its interesting how the Troopers couldn't stop that site from being destoryed. Which is something you probably wouldn't have seen in MMPR at the time.

The ending battle was kind of is rushed. Particularly with Ryan getting hurt. Its funny how JB actually has the better finisher, when Ryan is really the star. But that would be be remeided in season 2. Of course poor Kaitlin doesn't even get a finisher.

The scenes with Ryan at the shrine were always a nice touch. And really helped you get in Ryan's head. While making it clear that his main goal was to find his dad.

You really wonder how Ziktor was able to build his empire. And just how he was able to gain power in Virtual Reality. He probably took a lot of Tyler' Steele's work and used it for evil. Much like he does in season 2, when he upgrades his powers.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/07/11, 08:52 PM   #2
mbozzo
Power Ranger

'Battle Begin Part 1' is a good start to a good series which should have a season 3. That's what I think.
mbozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/07/11, 09:28 PM   #3
Zabitan
Administrator

Yeah that was a good episode.

I just wish that the Battle Grid transformation from Tyler's message was actually used in the show for a real Battle Grid sequence.

Come to think of it I wished that instead of having Air Striker, and Fighterbot attack the Troopers they would just blow up the bridge, and the Troopers would walk through the woods, and come up on some skugs, and have a skug fight, and later after Tyler's message a Battle Grid alert breaks out, and there's a Battle Grid segment right before they use the full armor to fight the mutants.

And then in part 2 have Air Striker, and Fighterbot attack JB, and Kaitlin, while they're trying to save Ryan, and then later in the episode have Ryan fight a mutant while the others fought Grimlord's fighters or something.

I'll admit though I never got the stuff about Ziktor destroying the old building since after that you don't hear anything else about it, and it seemed more appropriate for one of the stand alone episodes.

Then again that's only because I wish they had spent more time actually explaining the VR Trooper powers.

other than that I thought it was a perfect intro to the show.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
episode discussion, the battle begins part 1