Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/15/17, 03:40 PM   #11
MMPR Forever
Power Ranger

Default Re: Jason should have stayed in Turbo

If they did so much original footage then there is no reasons why they couldn't bring back MMPR. The second movie would have been a great place to relaunch it.
MMPR Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/15/17, 03:42 PM   #12
Turbo Guy
Power Ranger

Turbo wouldn't be the same without Justin. He made the whole season for me. Jason could have come back as Phantom Ranger.
Turbo Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/15/17, 03:43 PM   #13
Gold Ranger In Danger
Ranger In Training

Continuing Zeo with Jason as Gold would be great. But that would require rewriting the Zeo Finale too.
Gold Ranger In Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/15/17, 03:44 PM   #14
Forever Jason
Ranger In Training

There are lots of ways Jason could have been retained. But using Justin as an excuse doesn't work for me. Jason is much more important than Justin.
Forever Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/15/17, 03:47 PM   #15
Super Cena
Power Ranger

They could have continued the old cast much longer if they just replace Frank with St John. As that would have fit with retaining the others. Replacing whatever actors did decide to leave. Power Rangers could have explored college life.
Super Cena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/15/17, 04:32 PM   #16
Lothor's Revenge
Comic Relief

I think it was time for anchange with new characters. Jason already had his return. The transition to the new Turbo Rangers was much needed.
Lothor's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/16/17, 12:21 PM   #17
Turbo Guy
Power Ranger

The old Rangers were great in Turbo but so were the new ones. At leasr Justin was there to bridge the two teams.
Turbo Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/16/17, 12:24 PM   #18
Hexagon Ranger
Power Ranger

Jason likely went through a depression after losing his powers. The after-effects of the Gold Ranger Powers would have taking a toll on his body. Which would have led to his disenchantment with Tommy and later Hexagon. Its likely Emily broke up with him on top of all this. Any attempt to get close to Kim romantically was probably rejected.
Hexagon Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/16/17, 12:31 PM   #19
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed Zeo View Post
Continuing Zeo would have been the best idea. Even if you had to switch to the Turbo Zords. And even the villans but they were original anyway. So there is no reason why Zedd and Rita couldn't be back. They already did original footage of them in Zeo.
When Zeo first started I assumed it would be around for a few years like MMPR. Since they made such a big deal about Zeo and MMPR lasted that long. I also didnt have full knowledge of the year to year nature of Super Sentai. Which Power Rangers only started to emulate with Zeo.

I was surprised when the new movie was changing powers so soon. Especially since the plot didn't seem to jive with some of the let over plot points in Zeo. Of course, I can now see why they chose to change things up so soon ..Given the nature of Sentai and the costs it would take to do a second Zeo Season with Carranger. They werent spending MMPR money again. Even if Turbo did do more original footage than Zeo. Plus Zeo ratings failed, so they wanted to move on again.

I will say a second Zeo Season would have been great but I wouldn't want it to rewrite Space. They second half of Turbo was key to setting In Space up.

On a sidenote related to this thread. I talready mentioned that I thought Jason and Emily were going to replace Tommy and Kat the following season.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/16/17, 12:33 PM   #20
Forever Jason
Ranger In Training

That would have been so cool! But thats not surprisng to you guys if you have read my posts before.
Forever Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply