Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04/11/12, 10:45 PM   #31
TaJaDoru
Comic Relief

Default Re: Power Rangers Gokaiger Adaptation

It really all depends on what Saban has planned for next season. For all we know Gosieger can end up as a theatricla release or we could end up skipping it and going with GOkaiger as PR Season 20 next year. It really just depends on the production staff and what the overall choice is, though I guess we'll find out later this year.
TaJaDoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/12/12, 12:23 AM   #32
MattEmily
Administrator

They can't really do the "Samurai" thing with the Gokaiger season. They don't have any "Super Modes" or any additional modes other than transforming into previous Ranger forms as well as specific allies but they do that practically pretty often.

And GreenRanger, you have a very good point. I mean they created a robotic series (Alpha) who wasn't even in the original product. And then they decided to keep Timeranger's robotic owl.

and in regards to Goseiger, who knows what will be going on with that. It could be completely history. They could use it as a lead-in to Gokaiger since they're only using our teams in the Gokaiger season. They could do Goseiger after Gokaiger.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/12/12, 06:37 PM   #33
GreenRanger
Ranger In Training

Wow, these types of thoughts mak emy head hurt - about what we might get because Saban is so secretive about it's projects. There have been hints at Gokaiger, but 2 seasons of Pirates? That would not be good unless done really well - and if the writing of Samurai and Super Samurai is any indication it's not. Maybe fall 2012 going into jan or Feb 2013 will be Goseiger/Angels, and then Feb or Mar 2013 will start Gokaiger/Pirates? I don't know. Hey just an aside question - in Gokaiger when they did the changes to past teams, did they use the past zords too or just the teams?
GreenRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/12/12, 08:22 PM   #34
MattEmily
Administrator

It sounds like it's just going to be Gokaiger next year according to what Crayfish (over at RangerCrew) claimed due to how the whole thing works with licensees and things.

Here's the quote that he stated.
Quote:
Why do people keep saying Mega Force = Goseiger? I can tell you right now that one of the companies producing licensed products for PR confirmed as recently as LAST WEEK next year is Gokaiger. And no, I'm not saying that as part of an April Fools gag. I'm being completely legitimate here.
I don't know how truthful he is however despite how he sometimes acts, he usually knows what he's talkin' about.

However in regards to your question, yes, they did use previous zords as well however some of them belonged to a specific team but those past zords got redesigned. We saw Minizord from Ninja Storm but you can't even recognize it. There's also Cole's Lion from Wild Force as well as a redesigned Red Delta Runner. There is also a Titan Dragon that is redesigned based on Mystic Force's Dragon formation.

Basically they had to hunt down each team for their "Ultimate Power" which is typically a zord but not always since Sentai didn't always have zords.

Last edited by MattEmily; 04/12/12 at 09:35 PM.
Old 04/14/12, 09:37 AM   #35
TaJaDoru
Comic Relief

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenRanger View Post
Wow, these types of thoughts mak emy head hurt - about what we might get because Saban is so secretive about it's projects. There have been hints at Gokaiger, but 2 seasons of Pirates? That would not be good unless done really well - and if the writing of Samurai and Super Samurai is any indication it's not. Maybe fall 2012 going into jan or Feb 2013 will be Goseiger/Angels, and then Feb or Mar 2013 will start Gokaiger/Pirates? I don't know. Hey just an aside question - in Gokaiger when they did the changes to past teams, did they use the past zords too or just the teams?
As far as using the past teams Zords, only those that were a Grand Power were used, such as Goranger's Variblune for GoRenGokai-Oh in the 199 Heroes Battle Movie. Magiranger's Grand Power was MagiDragon, a redesigned version of the Mahou Gattai MagiDragon from MagiRanger, PatStriker from Dekaranger was slightly redesigned to work with Gokai-Oh, you also had the GekiBeasts from Jyuken Sentai Gekiranger that were used one time.

Among the other Mecha-based Grand Power, GaoLion from Hyakjuu Sentai Gaoranger was the Original GaoLion with some alterations--stated in show by GaoRed--and was used to form GaoGokai-Oh as well as ShinkenGokai-Oh when they gained access to the Shinkenger's Grand Power. DaiBouken from GoGo Sentai BOukenger was the Boukenger's Grand POwer as well, making a holographic version of it to use the Gokai Adventure Drive.

You also had SuperLiverobo from Liveman as their Grand Power in the series as well, turning Gokai-Oh into the Mecha itself, and Megaranger's Grand Power was MegaWinger's Wings when used with GokaiSilver's GoJyuJin. Fuuraimaru--MiniZord from Ninja Storm--was also the Original from Ninpu Sentai Hurricanger, explained by the three Hurricanger as having changed to work with Gokai-Oh to form HurricaneGokai-Oh.
TaJaDoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/14/12, 10:10 AM   #36
MattEmily
Administrator

Basically what my fellow Mod said, just in a very well detailed fashion. I was trying to make it simple using PR terms since it looks like we're just getting the Power Rangers teams in the 20th anniversary.

However they didn't use the old zords in their respective team's forms. They were always in their "Pirate Ranger" forms during the times in which they controlled any of their zords or summoned any of thsem.

I can't remember all of the powers from each of our teams but here's what I remember.

MMPR (Dinozord power) = Power given to Silver zord.
MMPR2 (Thunderzord power = Don't know what this was.
MMPR3 (Ninja power) = Ability to have Ninjor help them in a Giant battle.
Zeo = The necessary power needed to activate their own Bazooka/Cannon
Turbo = Unsure
Space = Unsure
Galaxy = Gave the Silver zord the ability to use the Defender Torozord's Spinning attack
Lightspeed = I believe this was also an attack that they used. I want to say it was the Lightspeed Megazord's Flame Ignited Saber but don't quote me on that.
Time Force = Given to Silver zord.
Wild Force = Lion which combines with the main Megazord
Ninja Storm = Minizord. Minizord is an allied zord which also combines with the main Megazord.
Dino Thunder = Given to Silver zord. This also gives them the ability to combine the main Megazord and the Silver zord.
SPD = Red Delta Runner. Also combines with the main Megazord.
Mystic Force = Red Dragon, based on the 4 Mystic Rangers' Dragon formation when they had combined together. The Dragon also combines with the main Megazord.
Overdrive = I can't remember this other than it was an attack.
Jungle Fury = An attack that features various Spirit Animals.
RPM = A new zord that is much bigger than the other RPM zords. Also combines with the main Megazord. This Megazord formation is their own Ultimate Power.
Samurai = This power combines with the Megazord.
Old 04/14/12, 10:12 AM   #37
Mad Dragon
Ranger In Training

Quote:
Among the other Mecha-based Grand Power, GaoLion from Hyakjuu Sentai Gaoranger was the Original GaoLion with some alterations--stated in show by GaoRed--and was used to form GaoGokai-Oh as well as ShinkenGokai-Oh when they gained access to the Shinkenger's Grand Power. DaiBouken from GoGo Sentai BOukenger was the Boukenger's Grand POwer as well, making a holographic version of it to use the Gokai Adventure Drive.

You also had SuperLiverobo from Liveman as their Grand Power in the series as well, turning Gokai-Oh into the Mecha itself, and Megaranger's Grand Power was MegaWinger's Wings when used with GokaiSilver's GoJyuJin. Fuuraimaru--MiniZord from Ninja Storm--was also the Original from Ninpu Sentai Hurricanger, explained by the three Hurricanger as having changed to work with Gokai-Oh to form HurricaneGokai-Oh.
And Ninjaman (Ninjor) from Kakuranger. You can't forget him He wasn't really a mecha, but still.... he was large enough to serve as a mecha for them.

Quote:
I don't know how truthful he is however despite how he sometimes acts, he usually knows what he's talkin' about.
Yeah. While it's credible info by a probably credible source, I'd still rather wait until the licensing expo in just under 2 months. Hopefully, we'd be getting some strong info from Saban Brands itself. But even with that. I think everyone's pretty certain that its going to be Gokaiger; Especially with that interview with Toei about the PR Legend war Filming.
Mad Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/14/12, 10:16 AM   #38
MattEmily
Administrator

Indeed but I can't see them revealing any info at the expo. They still haven't went back into casting yet.
Old 04/14/12, 10:48 AM   #39
Mad Dragon
Ranger In Training

True, But Casting is actually supposed to start up again sometime this month.

Quote:
Casting Update:

Auditions have been pushed back to April (most likely the end of that month).
From Rangercrew as well. (http://www.rangercrew.com/forum/show...cussion/page90) Post #899

I know it will take a while.... But even these casting times should hopefully give us some indication of what sentai we are getting. If we hear that their is casting for a Green Ranger, then its Gokaiger, if its for a black ranger, then it's Goseiger.

And if the 2010 Licensing Expo is anything to go by, [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9951q...ature=related] We should be getting info about the following season anyway.

In 2010, We were getting stuff about samurai from about May onwards, So the time kinda fits as well...

However, I know as soon as I post this, they'll all probably say absolutely nothing >.< and I'll look like a complete idiot =P

Original Shinkenger Adaption Rumor

http://www.rangercrew.com/forum/show...wer+Rangers%27 ~~~~~ [13/5/2010]
Mad Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/14/12, 12:32 PM   #40
MattEmily
Administrator

It was supposed to start up again this month but it got pushed back again.

At least last I heard anyway but it's been pushed back so much that I can't even keep track of it anymore.

Last edited by MattEmily; 04/15/12 at 04:32 PM.
Post New ThreadReply