Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10/20/14, 05:45 PM   #1
redspdranger
Putty Patroller

Default Leadership Dilemma In Power Rangers

Leadership is one big confusion in power rangers and it has not given me any clarity over the years. The power rangers have been handling other subjects so fine other than the leadership. Be it romance,friendship,humor and happenings surrounding the teens but leadership is one thing which was not handled well by the pr according to me.

1.Firstly who is the second - in - command. This role may seem inconsequential but i believe we need a second - in command as there are many occasion when the team has to fight without its red ranger. At that point of the time who is the leader, who is gonna guide the team and order the team what to do. Power rangers spd according to me excelled in this point. They had second - in - command. Sky tate. We have seen many times sky leading the team when jack is off to some other fight.In other power rangers season we never had a proper second - in - command. Sometimes it is blue,sometimes it is black or green. Hey black and green are optional colors and do not appear in all pr season and they cannot be made second - in - command. I strongly believe that blue should be the second - in - commmand.
2. Is the red ranger always a leader. This question seems strange but in couple of seasons we did not have red ranger as a leader despite having him on board. First being in mighty morphin season 3 where tommy white ninja ranger is the leader of the team whereas rocky being the red rangers is pushed to second - in- command. In power rangers alien force again we had white ranger as the leader despite having red. In power rangers space we had tj johnson blue space ranger as the leader of the team, although andros was the red ranger and he was the one to give the team morphers. In Power rangers time force there is no clarity as who is leading the team,wes or jen. I felt jen acted more as a leader in fights until in the ending episodes. And last in Power rangers mystic force. This irritates me whenever i see. I loved mystic force allot because of its unconventional story,nick's bond with new friends, and his fights and finally his leadership. I loved it. But as soon as daggeroon came as 6th ranger. He called the shots everytime. Nick took a backseat and never then led the team despite being a red anger which disappointed me. I wanted to see him as leader.What i think red ranger should be the leader of the team. It is baffling to see red being pushed to second.
redspdranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/25/14, 12:41 PM   #2
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Re: Leadership Dilemma In Power Rangers

I dont think there is usually a second in command. Perhaps TJ in Space or Wes in Time Force.

Red usualky leads because of Sentai. Although it isnt always specifically stated. We know Jen was thr leader of the tf rangers.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/25/14, 01:28 PM   #3
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Leadership Dilemma In Power Rangers

I agree with PRangerX that I don't believe there is usually a second in command except in some cases.

Alien Rangers = Aurico was because he was basically a field leader.
Space = We could say T.J. was a second in command because he was the one that came up with the plan to try and trick the Psycho Rangers by painting their suits blue.
Time Force = This was basically the same as the Alien Rangers, Red was second in command since he was the field leader unless Alex was the Red Ranger.
Wild Force = Taylor was second in command once Cole became the Red Ranger.
Dino Thunder = There really was no second in command even with Tommy there, he just allowed the others to decide things in most cases and he went along with them.
S.P.D = Sky was second in command for the B-Squad. Jack became second in command once Cruger became a Ranger. Bridge became second in command once Sky became the Red Ranger.
RPM = I would personally say that Summer was second in command since she actually took charge once when Scott wasn't around and Dr. K actually acknowledged her as taking charge.

2. Like PRangerX said Red usually leads in most cases including in the Sentai series but this wasn't always the case. Kakuranger's Ninja White (our White Alien Ranger) and Timeranger's Time Pink (our Time Force Pink Rangers) were leaders.
Also Gekiranger (our Jungle Fury) did not have an official leader until like halfway through at which point Geki Yellow was appointed as leader.

Also as we know Jason was the leader in MMPR until Tommy became the White Ranger.
Rocky was never second in command despite being the Red Ranger in MMPR.

T.J. wasn't the leader for In Space he just took charge a lot since Andros didn't know how to work with a team.

In the case of Nick and Daggeron it made sense. He was never called a leader but Nick was the Red Ranger and did take charge until Daggeron came around. It was Daggeron's responsibility to basically mentor them so he became the new leader.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply