Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 03/09/18, 08:14 PM   #11
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: If Jason Frank didn't return in season 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Green Spandex View Post
Yes they would have been much better without Tommy.
I disagree there's no way the show would've lasted with David and A.J. as the only hero actors for even just a few episodes
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/09/18, 09:12 PM   #12
Red With Evil
Putty Patroller

I think it would have hurt the show more.
Red With Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/09/18, 10:04 PM   #13
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red With Evil View Post
I think it would have hurt the show more.
so do I since they were relying on Tommy, Kimberly and Billy to carry the show until the replacements for Zack, Trini and Jason came in
Old 03/10/18, 05:59 AM   #14
Miki1988
Power Ranger

That's right. The three (ASJ, WEJ and TT) only appeared in the stock morphing sequence scenes, morphed ground fights, Zord/Megazord fights and their unmorphed versions either by the use of stock footage from previous episodes (mainly the Command Center scenes as Tommy is seen wearing both green and white-colored civilian clothes) and by stunt actor look-alikes who were filmed either from behind or filmed from a distance and voiced by a voice actor.

The show basically relied on AJJ, JDF and DY as they are the only three Rangers to appear for example, in any Command Center or Youth Center scene in their civilian forms. At least they had half the cast and were able to make the show go on until SC, JYB and KA stepped in as Rocky, Adam and Aisha. Without JDF, DY and AJJ would not have been enough to support the show's Jason's, Trini's and Zack's exit storyline. Which would have meant the end of Power Rangers. Can't do a show that required a cast of 6 at the time with only 2 main cast members present. At least 3 are needed. Plus I can't imagine Kimberly and Billy starting a romance or something, they are entirely different characters.
Miki1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/10/18, 08:01 AM   #15
Red With Evil
Putty Patroller

I think Frank would have been brought back as Red. Unless he turned them down.
Red With Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/10/18, 08:03 AM   #16
Green With Envy
Power Ranger

It depends on why Frank would have left the show. But they already made the decision to keep him on full time by the time of his season 1 return,so I can't see why they would have wrote him out of the show in season 2?
Green With Envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/10/18, 08:05 AM   #17
Tommy Fan
Putty Patroller

I think some people are forgreting just how big Tommy was at the time. There is no say they weren't bringing him back as White Ranger. He would have had to go on strike with the others. But that happened right after his "return" . And we know JDF didn't go on strike.
Tommy Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/10/18, 08:11 AM   #18
Disney Ranger
Power Ranger

Yes this was back when Saban Entertainment were producing the show as well as Disney. They wouldn't have wrote Tommy off a second time. He left in Turbo because JDF wanted to move on .
Disney Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/10/18, 09:44 AM   #19
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miki1988 View Post
That's right. The three (ASJ, WEJ and TT) only appeared in the stock morphing sequence scenes, morphed ground fights, Zord/Megazord fights and their unmorphed versions either by the use of stock footage from previous episodes (mainly the Command Center scenes as Tommy is seen wearing both green and white-colored civilian clothes) and by stunt actor look-alikes who were filmed either from behind or filmed from a distance and voiced by a voice actor.
basically what you said in your post is correct but it's doubtful their replacement voice actors were truly voice actors since at least 1 perhaps 2 of them were known to be crew members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Ranger View Post
Yes this was back when Saban Entertainment were producing the show as well as Disney. They wouldn't have wrote Tommy off a second time. He left in Turbo because JDF wanted to move on .
I'm not even going to say how stupid that Disney comment is oh wait I already did by implying it.
Old 03/10/18, 12:02 PM   #20
Power Rangers Forever
Ranger In Training

Some of the Disney seasons were good. Buy the idea they were the only good seasons outside of MMPR, just doesn't jive with me
Power Rangers Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply