Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 03/14/06, 11:35 PM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

I have to say that this episode is my favorite thus far. I know I was a little critical last time. But I think the episode was better put together this time around. The civilian plot didn't seemed rushed. I think Nick's actor carried the episode well, showing that he is among the best of this years cast.

I like how Nick aparently has a back story that will be elaborated on. Makes you think that there is some overplot being strung together here. It was cool seeing Nick counter Koragg's spell. You can tell there is something special inside him that makes him a great Ranger. He probably will stand out more as Red Rangers traditionally do than say Jack did last year. Its interesting what they are doing with Leelee. Suspecions are still high with her being one of the undead obviously however they aren't being obvious about it. I kept expecting her to change into Necrolai. But she didn't. Wow some mystery and not just for the kiddies.

I think it was kind of rushed how Koragg took the Ranger's zord transformation. But that could be due to the Sentai footage. I think it would have been better for him to absorb the power and use it to get his megazord transformation. Raising Koragg was rushed but not too bad since he was sent right back by Nick. So I won't complain too much about that. Why was Xander wasting time at Root Core when he knew the money was missing. Having the rangers suddenly be in the Brairwood demension at that point threw things off a bit.

So overall a very good episode that could lead to some great things. Next weeks episode looks really cool at first glance.

Btw, Chip's comedy in the begginning was about to fail to deleiver again, but Nick really saved it. I don't know if it was the actor or just the way Nick's diolouge was written or more likely a case of both.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/15/06, 08:19 PM   #2
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Quote:
Originally posted by PRangerX+Mar 14 2006, 11:35 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PRangerX @ Mar 14 2006, 11:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I have to say that this episode is my favorite thus far.[/b]
Of the ones we have seen I agree.

Quote:
Originally posted by PRangerX@Mar 14 2006, 11:35 PM
But I think the episode was better put together this time around.

I think it was kind of rushed how Koragg took the Ranger's zord transformation.
It could have been better if they would forget the god damn status quo of using the Zords just for the frakking sake of using the Zords. It served no real purpose in this episode. The loss of the Megazord spell, could have been explained in a flashback at a later date.

Quote:
The civilian plot didn't seemed rushed. I think Nick's actor carried the episode well, showing that he is among the best of this years cast.
Isn't it also the first time the other Rangers suspect another of being a common thief.

Quote:
I like how Nick aparently has a back story that will be elaborated on.
He has a back story that may be elaborated on.

Quote:
Makes you think that there is some overplot being strung together here.
I'm giving 100 to 1 odds that Nick has no clue who his biological parental units are and that Koragg is his fraternal parental unit.

Quote:
He probably will stand out more as Red Rangers traditionally do than say Jack did last year.
Hopefully.

Quote:
Its interesting what they are doing with Leelee.
I am assuming that is the bitch who hid the money and got uglied in the ep.

Quote:
Suspecions are still high with her being one of the undead obviously however they aren't being obvious about it.
I never got that impression, more of the rich bitch who gets whatever the fuck she wants vibe than anything else.

Quote:
I kept expecting her to change into Necrolai.
I am assuming that is the female villian.

Quote:
Raising Koragg was rushed but not too bad since he was sent right back by Nick.
You mean Morticon.

Quote:
Why was Xander wasting time at Root Core when he knew the money was missing.
I wouldn't call it wasting time. He was discussing the situation with the others. The location was a bad choice though.

Quote:
Having the rangers suddenly be in the Brairwood demension at that point threw things off a bit.
Most definately. Though I wouldn't call it the Briarwood dimension.

<!--QuoteBegin-PRangerX
@Mar 14 2006, 11:35 PM
Btw, Chip's comedy in the begginning was about to fail to deleiver again, but Nick really saved it.[/quote]Chip was so very lame, Nick kicked his ass verbally.

Rangercentral's lack of standards is proven once again. Get used to me commenting on this.

I am enjoying Mystic Force more so than any season after Wild Force but not so much as the true adaptations such as Space & Lost Galaxy. About Lightspeed's level.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/18/06, 04:27 PM   #3
Silver Shadow
Putty Patroller

For once I am in agreement. I though at first that LeeLee might be Clare, but today's episode prooved that LeeLee is in fact, the evil twin of Syd from SPD. She might be Necrolia the vampire lady, that's certainly possible. Or her arrival at the same time as Nick could be a coincidence. NAAAAAAHHHHH!

Several things in this episode could have been done better. The cut from Nick and Koragg fighting on the beach, to fighting under a bridge was too obvious. In addition, while this Zord fight was importaint, because it leads into Nick's adventure with Catastros, the fight was too rushed. In the original Sentai footage, The rangers defete the Wolf Centaur, everybody parties because they think Koragg's dead. It's when he shows up the second time, that's he announces he can transform into a giant robot too and the fun really starts.

As it is, Nick's comment about suddenly not being able to combine comes off as a non sequiter because from the footage we've seen so far, The Titians can't go from Dragon Mode straight into Megazord mode. Nothing even suggested Nick was thinking about switching to the Megazord. And Morticon's appearance was pretty anti-climactic because Nick sent him back so fast it was like a game of Wack-A-Mole. Much as I hate to admit it, I agree with Cheetamus. They should have concentrated on the character storyline and kept the whole extended Megazord battle for the next episode.
Silver Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/18/06, 09:53 PM   #4
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

As for Morticon I disagree having him come to surface in the next episode. It should at least be 8 or 9. Morticon's 'rising' was to soon and to fast. *cue sex joke about rising and fast results*
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/19/06, 12:20 AM   #5
Silver Shadow
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally posted by Cheetamus Primal@Mar 19 2006, 02:53 AM
As for Morticon I disagree having him come to surface in the next episode. It should at least be 8 or 9. Morticon's 'rising' was to soon and to fast. *cue sex joke about rising and fast results*
I thought so. Mystic Force is really rushing things. Morticon wasn't supposed to appear til episode 6 and the Phoenix/Catastros episode isn't supposed to be until three episodes later, but the Mystic Force version is supposed to be on next weekend. That means that so far, episodes two and three were rammed together and 5 was skipped entirely.

Okay, this is confusing. If the Centaurus Phoenix Megazord appears in Legendary Catastros, then what in the Mophing Grid is Fire Heart about? In fact, the two parter coming up sounds exactly like the sentai episodes featuring Necrolia. Unless...Oh no, please tell me Disney isn't doing what I think they are doing!
Silver Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/19/06, 01:03 AM   #6
Malachi
Putty Patroller

Well how many episdes did Magi have cause then you just subtract 32 episodes for mystic force then you'll get how many episodes they are gong to skip all together or jam two into one episode. I"ve Missed Rock Solid and Whispering i still have to watch it.
Malachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply