Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04/29/15, 11:27 AM   #1
Kilobyte
Ranger In Training

Default Psycho Rangers overrated?

I never understood why the Psychos get so much love. The whole arch just fllled time in Space. They clearly ran out of story ideas annd were biding their time for the final stretch of episodes. Their characters blend intogether and their only goal is to destroy the Power Rangers. They are terribly one demensional.
Kilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/30/15, 04:11 PM   #2
The Ghost Ranger
Power Ranger

Default Re: Psycho Rangers overrated?

I feel they get love because they're Evil Rangers done well. Look to the past seasons; At most, we got mirror copies (S1), horribly designed outfits that couldn't be used (S2), evil clones (S2). Fans were wanting an evil team that could wipe the floor with the good guys; Behold the Psychos. They were so popular that they were used for the team up in the following season, which actually helped tie up a loose thread. Heck, one of them even KILLED Galaxy Pink (though she sacrificed herself, Psycho Pink's weapon caused her to nearly kill Cassie).
The Ghost Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/30/15, 05:05 PM   #3
Astronema
Power Ranger

The Psycho Rangers were pretty bad ass. It was exciting seeing the Space Rangers get their butts kicked and have to come back. It was a real highlight of Space. Plus they were a big part of the epic team up with Galaxy.
Astronema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/14/15, 11:30 AM   #4
Superstatler
Power Ranger

Pyschos were the perfect nemesis for the Space Rangers. They nearly beat the team. It really meant a lot when the Space Rangers defeated them. And even then they came back a few times.
Superstatler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/14/15, 03:32 PM   #5
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilobyte View Post
I never understood why the Psychos get so much love. The whole arch just fllled time in Space. They clearly ran out of story ideas annd were biding their time for the final stretch of episodes. Their characters blend intogether and their only goal is to destroy the Power Rangers. They are terribly one demensional.
Yes the Psycho arch was just a time killer but they were the best team of evil Rangers ever and on top of which they actually tried on some attempts to take advantage of a Space Ranger's human likeness or even their Ranger technology so they were a lot smarter compared to most villains and on top of that they were taking orders from Astronema who was using them to try and destroy Dark Specter which was working but eventually failed and then they were the first previous season villains who returned for a teamup in the following season.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/14/15, 05:23 PM   #6
Starlight Supreme
Comic Relief

I hated the Psychos at first. But there role in the team up was so well done they won me over. Psycho Pink was especially bad ass. Kendrix had to sacrifice herself to save Cassie from her. Plus she nearly destoryed the whole colony by unleashing the Pink Morpher.

Which brings up another question....What exactly is in those morphers....To generate such power?
Starlight Supreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/15/15, 11:46 AM   #7
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

Please Psychos were cliche bad guys at best. Only there for filler. The weakest part of Space. The team up was good but not because of the Psychos. Any villain could have filled that role.
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/15/15, 12:05 PM   #8
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlight Supreme View Post
I hated the Psychos at first. But there role in the team up was so well done they won me over. Psycho Pink was especially bad ass. Kendrix had to sacrifice herself to save Cassie from her. Plus she nearly destoryed the whole colony by unleashing the Pink Morpher.

Which brings up another question....What exactly is in those morphers....To generate such power?
Psycho Pink was not close to destroying Terra Venture because of any Morpher it was because she was using the Savage Sword and it looked like to me it was the combination of the Sword's energies as well as Psycho Pink trying to absorb the energy of Cassie's Astro Morpher that created the tornado sandstorm which was causing issues everywhere.

Don't know what is in the Morphers other than Ranger energies but I like to think that all of the related Ranger data is inside of the Morphers which is why Cassie's Astro Morpher morphs her into the Pink Space Ranger and therefore allows her access to her Satellite Stunner and her Pink Galaxy Glider.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/15/15, 06:23 PM   #9
The Ghost Ranger
Power Ranger

I have a theory: When a Ranger becomes Morphed, they becomed bonded with the Grid, so a part of their life force is connected to the Grid via their Morphers, hence why Cassie was in so much danger with that sword taking the energies out.
The Ghost Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/15/15, 06:59 PM   #10
PRangerX
Administrator

That makes a lot of sense. That was the next question to ask. But you answered it for us already.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply