Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 06/10/17, 09:55 PM   #1
Green Saba
Putty Patroller

Default Trent too much like Green Ranger?

Anyone think the Evil White Ranger storyline was too much like Green Ranger's? It would have made more sense if Trent was an actual evil Ranger under his own free will.
Green Saba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/10/17, 11:38 PM   #2
Kimberly Hart
Power Ranger

Default Re: Trenr too much like Green Ranger

I don't think Trent was as interesting as Tommy . Nor did he have the same presence.
Kimberly Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/17, 08:55 AM   #3
Decepticon
Ranger In Training

Default Re: Trenr too much like Green Ranger

They made it different though. Trent is more like Richie but if he became a Power Ranger. You had the whole split personality thing. He worked on his own for awhile. Then things totally changed after he was freed from the evil programming. They went in a completely different direction after that.
Decepticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/17, 09:15 AM   #4
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Re: Trent too much like Green Ranger?

I do think Trent was missing a little somethng that other extra Rangers had. He also became freed from the evil programming too soon . He was pretty aimless after that. You had the evil clone storyline and protecting Mesagog's identity plot points. But they squandered that by just having the Rangers take Trent back.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/17, 02:40 PM   #5
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Saba View Post
Anyone think the Evil White Ranger storyline was too much like Green Ranger's? It would have made more sense if Trent was an actual evil Ranger under his own free will.
not at all since it was a different kind of evil spell which made it just different enough it wasn't a spell that was Rita instead it was the Gem itself that was controlling his actions and in the beginning he had no clue it was him who became the evil Ranger but eventually realized it due to flashes of memories that he was having.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decepticon View Post
They made it different though. Trent is more like Richie but if he became a Power Ranger. You had the whole split personality thing. He worked on his own for awhile. Then things totally changed after he was freed from the evil programming. They went in a completely different direction after that.
I wouldn't say that he was like Richie since he wasn't since Richie didn't have multiple personalities... that we knew about anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
I do think Trent was missing a little somethng that other extra Rangers had. He also became freed from the evil programming too soon . He was pretty aimless after that. You had the evil clone storyline and protecting Mesagog's identity plot points. But they squandered that by just having the Rangers take Trent back.
yea they were missing something but what I don't know but turning him good so soon I had heard that was completely out of their control.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/16/17, 10:14 AM   #6
Disney Ranger
Power Ranger

Disney didn't like the idea of an evil Ranger. We should trust their judgement. Disney didn't want an evil Ranger tarnishing ther brand.
Disney Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/19/17, 12:49 PM   #7
Spike Hart
Ranger In Training

There are sone similarities but there were plenty of differences. I agree with the person who said he was more like Richie.
Spike Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply