Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/12/15, 01:56 PM   #1
redspdranger
Putty Patroller

Default Wes and jen's romance conclusion

Time force is a special season to me because this is where i started watching power rangers show for the first time. I'm sure that if i had seen any other season rather than this one i would not have been here chatting about power rangers. And add to that i got my best female ranger in pr history in jen scotts. But one thing that annoys me till now is the wes and jen's romance conclusion. Lets' go back to 2001 episode end of time part 3 last scene in which jen declares wes as the official red time force ranger and starts walking back to time ship without saying anything,halfway she could not bear it, she comes back running to hug wes tightly with each other confessing that they are in love. After that jen goes back to 3000. End ! I mean what happens to jen and wes romance. Does jen come back and live with wes or she stays back because in fear tinkering the history despite loving him. We also have jen coming back in wild force teamup in which she is still in love with wes. But what happens after that. What is the conclusion to their romance. Judd lynn should have concluded this romance in either negative or positive way. But anyway let's all decide what could have been a possible conclusion to this romance

1. Jen comes back to 2001 and reunites with wes happily ever after. [Blah i'm so sick of telling lived happily ever after because all fairy tales tend to finish like this]
2. Jen goes back to 3000 and marries alex her former fiance because wes's actions made his character just like him.
3.Jen goes back to 3000 but remains single because she loves wes but cannot marry him because in fear of tinkering the history

I would choose the first option no doubt, what about you guys.
redspdranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/13/15, 01:42 PM   #2
Matired
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Why did Mega Force fails on the first front?

Option No. 2 seems to be a most logical and likely for me, so I'm voting for it. Alex was engaged to Jen and he's almost the same person as Wes (+ like author of this thread said that Wes's actions would made him just like his ancestor)
Matired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/13/15, 01:46 PM   #3
Nebula Ranger
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Wes and jen's romance conclusion

option 5.

Jen goes back in time, spends some time with Wes and then returns to the future and has a kid fathered by Wes.

What? Why are you looking at me like that? Timeranger used that plot with except it was reversed...
Nebula Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/13/15, 01:49 PM   #4
Neo Aguni
Putty Patroller

I actuay thought that'd be a good way to wrap up the Wes/Jen angle with a Time Force tribute. But of course Tzachor and his incompetence deprived us of that.

You know it's funny the past few days I've been watch Time Force on Netflix with my nephew. Along with the other PR shows between MMPR and TF. And what's really funny is he asked me why Power rangers aren't made like that anymore
Neo Aguni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/14/15, 04:33 PM   #5
PRangerX
Administrator

Lynn thought it was silly the season was about making your own destiney and Jen/Wes couldnt stay together. He was overrulled. Judd was disapointed in Time Force because it strayed too close to Timeranger.

I personally see them separating adding to the love story. It makes it more dramatic and the love story mean more. As much as it pained me to see them have to separate.

I don't think Jen would just marry Alex. It was very clear that the ship had sailed on that relationship. Jen changed and loved Wes. She still respected Alex but no longer wanted to marry him.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/15/15, 11:29 PM   #6
Summer Is Rich
Ranger In Training

I would have liked to have seen them have the happy ending. I really think they should have had Jen stay behind and be with Wes. Or maybe have Wes go to the future with the rest of the team. Leaving the protection of Silver Hills to Eric.
Summer Is Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/15/15, 11:30 PM   #7
MMPR Forever
Power Ranger

I didn't really like Time Force. It was too serious and didn't feel like MMPR at all. It needed more episodes like "Movie Madness" or "Nadiera's Dream Date".

If this was MMPR, Wes and Jen would have wound up together. But they were just another carbon copy of Tommy and Kim anyway.
MMPR Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/15/15, 11:31 PM   #8
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

So anyone in PR that are a couple are copies of Tommy and Kim? Jen and Wes were nothing like those two. They were their own characters. And far from carbon copies.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/15/15, 11:33 PM   #9
Inner Senshi
Power Ranger

I would have liked it if Jen and Wes ended up together. Since the whole season built to it. It was just too short. At least they had the team up. But it left me wanting more.
Inner Senshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/15/15, 11:35 PM   #10
No Green Spandex
Power Ranger

I think Jen went back to Alex eventually. He was the one she truely loved. She only went with Wes because he reminded her of Alex. She just got confused when Alex was alive and acted all cold. Once she returned she would eventually realize Alex was her true love. I felt Sorry for Alex because he was a nice guy and lost the girl just because he "died".
No Green Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply