Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04/20/15, 03:24 PM   #11
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Re: Power Rangers In Space The Movie?

I know I used a lot of plot points from the show. But I was pretty vague overall. So a lot of things could be done differently.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/20/15, 03:30 PM   #12
Starlight Starbrite
Power Ranger

A battle between Spector and both Ranger teams would be epic! I don't mind using ideas from the show. As long as there is enough originiality.
Starlight Starbrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/20/15, 03:38 PM   #13
Lord Leo
Ranger In Training

I would just have the Space Rangers all be from Outer Space. You could still adapt the same character traits. I am not sure if I want to go with the brother/sister plot. Since its predictable.

If the Space Movies worked than I could see a Lost Galaxy movie series too. You could even properly set it in the future.
Lord Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/20/15, 03:42 PM   #14
PRangerX
Administrator

I'm done with a Space Movie. Its the next best thing for casual fans to entertain PR next to MMPR. It would be very marketable.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/20/15, 03:44 PM   #15
Dino Charger
Ranger In Training

Why don't they just do a Dino Charge Movie like they did with Turbo? That way it could be in continuity. Also would put an end to this dark and mature talk. I am surprised they didn't do more movies.
Dino Charger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/20/15, 05:14 PM   #16
The Ghost Ranger
Power Ranger

^ Problem is the Turbo movie flopped kinda hard. Even if DC is the next big season, fans may not want a movie that'll change stuff around again, even if it leads to a new power set.
The Ghost Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/20/15, 05:44 PM   #17
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost Ranger View Post
^ Problem is the Turbo movie flopped kinda hard. Even if DC is the next big season, fans may not want a movie that'll change stuff around again, even if it leads to a new power set.
Its like apples and oranges to me. Since they are trying to appeal to a different audience. The new movie is going to try and take a slice of the pie from superheroes like Avengers . As well as genre movies like transformers. Kids will diffinitly part of the audience. But this is going to be for older superhero fans too. Were talking summer blockbuster type stuff here.

The old movies were kids movies trying to capitalize on the show's success. This is a whole new adaption designed to carter to a much wider demo. So I agree that Shelby's idea to just do a DC movie isn't what they are going for. And won't work for what they are trying to do now.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/22/15, 09:21 PM   #18
Ranger Sentai
Putty Patroller

I'm not going to watch any movies that are not canon to the pru. It makes no sense to start over when they can just do a Dino Charge movie. There is no excuse not to make everything in that same continuity. I hate reboots just for the shake of doing them.
Ranger Sentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/22/15, 10:26 PM   #19
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander Betts View Post
I'm not going to watch any movies that are not canon to the pru. It makes no sense to start over when they can just do a Dino Charge movie. There is no excuse not yyo make everything in that same continuity. I hate reboots just for the shake of doing them.
yea I hate reboots as well but I'm still going to watch at least some of them. I refuse to watch "Man of Steel" however and I probably won't watch the next Spider-Man movie since I'm sick of seeing them reboot those movies so much.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/23/15, 07:13 AM   #20
Delta Max
Comic Relief

I don't expect the new movies to be in continuity. As long as the show stays in continuinty let the movies do their own thing.
Delta Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply