Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion > Digimon Central

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04/26/06, 04:14 AM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Default How did you get into Digimon?

I figure this is as good a topic as any to begin things here. I remember during
1997, seeing the first commercials for digimon. I didn't think it was anything spectacular looking at first. I feared it would replace Power Rangers, which it didn't. Anyway I started watching it but it didn;t seem incredibly epic at first. But once they went searching for the eigth child, I started to see a interesting story forming. I actually didn't watch religiously during season 1. But I was able to see more of the important episodes in reruns. Season 2 kept me interested and I really started to watch every week. At first I thought Tamers was going to be a buzz kill. It ended up being my favorite Digimon Season. I watched some fo Frontier but was never really able to watch it religiously. I think the show has much better story archs than what I have seen and heard from Pokemon. But you really can't compare the two shows.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/26/06, 04:18 AM   #2
grandmaster192
Putty Patroller

Default RE: How did you get into Digimon?

My cousin told me it was a good show. It was during season 2. I hated season 1. So I decided to take a look at the show I seen B.Wargreymond and was hooked. Now I love every season exept #1
Old 04/27/06, 08:52 AM   #3
Ryutaros
Putty Patroller

Been a huge fan of Fox Kids because of PR. When I saw the premire promo, I thought I'd check it out. After watching "The Birth of Greymon", I've been a huge fan ever since.
Old 04/27/06, 03:24 PM   #4
Hijojo
Putty Patroller

I was flipping channels one day, and came across it. The episode was the first appearence of Megakabuterimon.
Hijojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/23/06, 05:42 PM   #5
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to PrimoPiccolo

I thought it was simply a Pokemon clone (which I'm sure Fox thought as well) when I saw the commercials during Power Rangers Lost Galaxy, but after I saw the first episode, I was impressed. It only got better as time went on.
PrimoPiccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/04/14, 02:58 PM   #6
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: How did you get into Digimon?

I think I was watching TV on Kids' WB at the time (since I had lived in Willowick, Ohio at the time) and because of my channels, my one channel shared Kids' WB and Fox Kids.
I believe I saw a commercial for it watching Kids' WB and decided to watch it the next time that I saw it on.

I wasn't hooked right away but after a few episodes I became hooked.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply