Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion > VR Troopers Online > VR Troopers Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/09/11, 05:26 PM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Default What Did you think of Kaitlin having a clone in battle?

In VR Troopers season 2, Grimlord made an evil clone of Kaitlin ( from her reflection). Ryan convinced the clone that she had too much of the real Kaitlin in her to be evil. She ended up helping the Troopers. When the Troopers tried to send the clone back to being Kaitlin's reflection....Jeb's interefrence caused a glitch. The Kaitlin clone would be able to re-appear in battle with a copy of Kaitlin's armor. This was an adaption of the source Toku. But in that one the second suit was a separate character. What do you think of the clone storyline or aspect to season 2?

I think it was an original idea. And it made Kaitlin seem more powerful. It was also nice having somewhat of a fourth trooper. It would have been cool if it could have been a new character. But that would have cost money to bring a new actor in. Plus its not like the powers were that different.

I really liked the episode in which the clone debuted. It was a nice touch having Ryan convince the clone that she was truely good. It was one of the best scenes of the show. It was a nice twist having the clone turn good. I suppose we did see it in "Return of the Green Ranger", in Power Rangers. But the Tommy clone was under a spell. Kaitlin 2 wasn't, she was just programmed. She had to overcome her programming herself. The stuff with Tommy's clone, did have the aspect of Tommy being too good to corrupt. The episode really says something about making you're own choices in life.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/09/11, 05:49 PM   #2
Zabitan
Administrator

Eh I don't know I mean I understand why they did it (money, and the fact that it was the same suit Kaitlin already had) but at the same time though I do kind of wish they found a way to bring in Amy to be the fourth trooper after finding out how things turned out in the source material but also because I always wondered how certain things would have turned out like the episode Dream Battle would have worked out if they had Amy as a VR Trooper.

Even then I probably wouldn't mind so much if they did more with Kaitlin's clone as an actual character but they way they used her she was pretty much a glorified power up.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/09/11, 06:01 PM   #3
PRangerX
Administrator

I remember thinking that Amy was going to stay on as the Red Python. I figured they'd free her from Grimlord's power and that she would jion the Troopers. I was disapointed to see that she was just a guest star. It would have been nice to have her come back. But who knows if the actor would have been able to come back at that point.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/09/11, 06:10 PM   #4
Zabitan
Administrator

Yeah that would be cool.

I just thought of something that always bugged me though, could Kaitlin summon her clone while in Battle Grid mode?

Like what if she was in a situation similar to Kaitlin's Front Page where she got sent to the Battlle Grid by herself, and the skugs were too much for her could she just summon her clone to help her out?
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/09/11, 06:54 PM   #5
Kaitlin Starr
Shadow Ranger

I loved it alot it was great that she could summon her double in battle.
Post New ThreadReply