Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 02/05/18, 03:47 PM   #11
Concerned Parent
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Power Rangers Eww!

My issue is that Power Rangers is a damaging show for children. And it doesn't help that grown adults are supporting this crap. Power Rangers teaches kids to be violent and be bullies. Its not allowed on in my house.

I have asked this board to close in the past. And am disappointed that the owners haven't done what is best. As Power Rangers should never be promoted as anything positive.
Concerned Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/05/18, 03:49 PM   #12
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

Wow the Trolls summon back the lther trolls. Surprised to see Concerned Parent again. If I was on staff I would check to make sure they aren't the same person.
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/05/18, 03:56 PM   #13
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massive Ego View Post
Wow the Trolls summon back the lther trolls. Surprised to see Concerned Parent again. If I was on staff I would check to make sure they aren't the same person.
They are not based on an ip search. It is an interesting coincidence. Perhaps Concerned Parent saw the thread and felt he or she should take the opertunity to post again.

But regardless, this board is not shutting down. Supporting Power Rangers does not set a bad example for children. PR is designed for children and has to adhere to standards. The show is rated so parents can make their own decisions of whether their children can watch it. I would say PR often tries to teach a lesson and promote good values. The only thing they are guolety of is trying to sell toys. But that's the nature of children's television for the
last 30 years or so. There are far wlrst things on the air than Power Rangers.

In regards to Baby Ranger? I also have to question why the user took the time to register for a show they think should be beneath us? I strongly disagree with the idea that adults shouldn't watch Power Rangers. Let us enjoy what we enjoy. Is any harm coming to anyone? No.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/05/18, 04:03 PM   #14
Concerned Parent
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
They are not based on an ip search. It is an interesting coincidence. Perhaps Concerned Parent saw the thread and felt he or she should take the opertunity to post again.

But regardless, this board is not shutting down. Supporting Power Rangers does not set a bad example for children. PR is designed for children and has to adhere to standards. The show is rated so parents can make their own decisions of whether their children can watch it. I would say PR often tries to teach a lesson and promote good values. The only thing they are guolety of is trying to sell toys. But that's the nature of children's television for the

In regards to Baby Ranger? I also have to question why the user took the time to register for a show they think should be beneath us? I strongly disagreetee with the idea that adults shouldn't watch Power Rangers. Let us enjoy what we enjoy. Is any harm coming to anyone? No.
I assume you are the owner. I am very disappointed in your negligence and complicity in the promotion of this awful show. I don't care whats you saY Power Rangers may pretend to teach good values. But it really teaches kids to solve their problems by fighting and picking on people weaker than them. They also show a bad example by showing teens wasting time as superheroes when they should be focused on their school work. Marketing all those violent toys is also damaging.

I happened to be checking to see if this place was finally shut down and saw this thread. As a courtesy I decided to reply instead of start a new thread.
Concerned Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/05/18, 04:06 PM   #15
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concerned Parent View Post
I assume you are the owner. I am very disappointed in your negligence and complicity in the promotion of this awful show. I don't care whats you saY Power Rangers may pretend to teach good values. But it really teaches kids to solve their problems by fighting and picking on people weaker than them. They also show a bad example by showing teens wasting time as superheroes when they should be focused on their school work. Marketing all those violent toys is also damaging.

I happened to be checking to see if this place was finally shut down and saw this thread. As a courtesy I decided to reply instead of start a new thread.
The show goes of its way to make the Rangers as good honest people. And when they do misbehave, they learn a lesson on why they were wrong. The show has even toned down the violence in recent years. But it was never really that bad in the first place.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/05/18, 04:09 PM   #16
MattEmily
Administrator

Wink Re: Power Rangers Eww!

Quote:
My issue is that Power Rangers is a damaging show for children. And it doesn't help that grown adults are supporting this crap. Power Rangers teaches kids to be violent and be bullies. Its not allowed on in my house.

I have asked this board to close in the past. And am disappointed that the owners haven't done what is best. As Power Rangers should never be promoted as anything positive.
yet you probably support a boatload of shows that would be seen as damaging but it's people like you who need to re-think their priorities. Go and be a better Parent instead of blaming your bad Parenting skills on others. You have no reason to expect anything from this board since you're not the one who pays for the expense. Why are you even here if you're just going to attack the place due to your own pathetic Parenting skills? That certainly shows the kind of person you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post

In regards to Baby Ranger? I also have to question why the user took the time to register for a show they think should be beneath us? I strongly disagree with the idea that adults shouldn't watch Power Rangers. Let us enjoy what we enjoy. Is any harm coming to anyone? No.
yea they're not the same person I regularly check on any user who seems suspicious.
Yes I agree that the board is not shutting down and that the show does not set a bad example for kids I mean it's designed with them in mind and not us adults in mind. Parents are responsible for parenting their own kids and if they don't want their kids to watch it then it's simple don't let them watch it.
The show has always taught good morals and yes it can be guilty of being a toy commercial but that's just the nature of the beast.

I agree with PRangerX that I have to question Baby Ranger's motives for registering here since I disagree that people (kids or adults) shouldn't watch the show. It shouldn't bother you anyway since you don't know us and when it comes down to it the show entertains us.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/05/18, 04:20 PM   #17
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:

yes he is the owner and it's not your business on what he's a fan of so I would suggest you leave him alone you probably don't watch anything appropriate either since there's no such thing on TV, Netflix or Hulu not even movies or anywhere else for that matter. He's free to promote any show that he wants to promote as long as it's not illegal.

You can falsely claim all you want about what you feel the show teaches but your claims are just bogus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Codfish View Post
The show goes of its way to make the Rangers as good honest people. And when they do misbehave, they learn a lesson on why they were wrong. The show has even toned down the violence in recent years. But it was never really that bad in the first place.
exactly the Rangers don't start fights they're only there to defend. That's not starting a fight.

As a real life comparison do you really think terrorists will listen to reason? No they won't they just want to kill so they're the only ones left the same principles apply.
Concerned Parent needs to remember that there are others who are more familiar with the villains that they come across than the Rangers themselves so obviously they'll know best of all that reasoning with them just isn't possible since they're 100% evil.
Cole tried this attempt back in Wild Force since he didn't want to fight but he found out for himself that Orgs (the villains for that season) don't have a heart and that they only exist to destroy.

Exactly about the violence in the show it's not that bad especially when you compare it to other shows even violence on adult shows would be bad.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/05/18, 05:10 PM   #18
Baby Ranger
Putty Patroller

I just think its lame that grown adults are still watching such a corny show. I couldn't believe it. So I had to post. PR is just so stupid. I am glad my kids never got into it.
Baby Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/05/18, 05:13 PM   #19
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Ranger View Post
I just think its lame that grown adults are still watching such a corny show. I couldn't believe it. So I had to post. PR is just so stupid. I am glad my kids never got into it.
I think its a lame that a grown adult is wasting time on a forum to critize other adults for watching something they don't like.
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/05/18, 07:11 PM   #20
Decepticon
Ranger In Training

These guys have to be just causing trouble. No one is gonna go to the trouble they have gone to.
Decepticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply