Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Online Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 06/04/01, 07:47 PM   #11
TimeShadow001
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Did anyone like Lightspeed Rescue?

This is a reply to one of Jasons and a few overs No disrespect to your opinions,Why do you hate the Sentai Footage, if it wasnt for that then we would not have PR, Also Rhetts actings was pretty Good, his Character could of done with a bit of work, i liked the Suit it was different,Also Demon Hunter wouldnt fit right with the other Rangers, PRIS was good PRLG was okay i didnt like somethings about it, also Lightspeed shouldnt be compared to the old Shows because it had nothing to do with them, also it gives a break from the Magic Powers that was before PRLR
TimeShadow001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/04/01, 07:47 PM   #12
jenlovesalex
Comic Relief

Galaxy was the worst okay worse until Karone came into it.Lightspeed was cool it was definitely better than galaxy.Okay maybe sure there was that whole little girl has to please daddy at every turn but we had to have a whole father daughter thing you know once in this whole thing.
jenlovesalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/04/01, 07:47 PM   #13
Jason38UK
Comic Relief

I may be repeating myself but ...
Lightspeed uses the "Power Rangers" name so I have every right to compare it with the past.
After 3 years of American footage going back to Sentai heavy action seems like a step backwards. They also did this in Zeo.
As for Rhett Fisher for a specific example see him on Ryan's destiny in the scene with father that was BAD acting.
Chad again in the 2 episodes with Marina - he just couldn't handle the whole "love" thing well and messed up those episodes.
Dana annoyed me cause she was always getting beaten up and needed "big strong" Carter to rescue her. NONE of the other pink rangers were like this.
The suits were the worst I've seen. If you dig that "motorcycle helmet" look then good for you however I thought they were terrible.
The storys were weak. Compare for Example The Titanium saga with the likes of Green with Evil and the Kat episodes.
The Fate of Lightspeed was a predicatable clone of Journey's end.
The writers had no shame - a cheap ending to a cheap season.
Jason38UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/04/01, 07:47 PM   #14
jenlovesalex
Comic Relief

Ah hate to tell ya but flashback to MMPR:TM Kimberly crying out for help to Tommy she was the pink ranger.And he came to her help when she probably didn't need it.
jenlovesalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/04/01, 07:47 PM   #15
Jason38UK
Comic Relief

You picked 1 occasion ... I remember Kimberly saved Tommy on countless occasions.
I don't see Dana rescuing Carter. Dana's character was weak in general - you are picking out a single example where Kim was in trouble.
Dana ALWAYS gets beat up by monsters and even batlings
Old 06/04/03, 07:40 PM   #16
Frax2001
Putty Patroller

lightspeed rescue rocked if u liked it give me a hell yea
Frax2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/04/03, 07:40 PM   #17
Jason38UK
Comic Relief

We are getting reruns of Lightspeeds "Curse of the Cobra" episodes at the moment on Fox Kids and when compared to other ranger series it sickens me how cheap and trashy EVERYTHING about the show is.
Titanium Ranger (after all the net hype I read) is as cheesy as he sounds.Must I be the one to say Rhett Fisher can't act ? seen him in the scenes with his father ?
The "titanium" suit was blantant in ripping off Megasilver and his axe was a clone of Zack's Power Axe.
Other poor actors in Lightspeed include Chad (as shown in episodes with Marina) and Dana. Carter had a dull (if any) personality.
The suits were absoluty hideous. The helmets had visors only and no real detail - like some kind of freaken cycle helmets !!!
The villians - Diabolico was almost as cheesy as Titanium himself to begin with, Loki's death was no where near as dramatic as Ecliptors or Villamax - Loki bearly featured it was like so what if he died ? His relashonship to Diabolico was established on the episode on which he died. Vypra couldn't act at all; probably the worst actress in PR history.
The plots ripped off regulary and blatently past PR plots. With MMPR reruns airing alongside Lightspeed it laughably shows how much Lightspeed has "borrowed" from the past and it's clear for kids to see.
I wonder why Saban only made 40 episodes and why it was pulled from US TV ......

Old 06/04/03, 07:40 PM   #18
ShadowForceBlue
Power Ranger

Power Rangers lightspeed Rescue......well the first esp showed it was going to bomb one show that has never happned ever. The only thing(s) I liked were the V-Lancers and the Omega Megazord and that's it Ryan oh please they were better just as five Rangers if it was'nt for Jole and Mrs.F the show would have bomed sooner.

And someone tell me how many times the rangers fought monsters with Ryan in the base were was he all thoes fights!!!!! He just came in with his Zord and thats it he was a waste of time.
ShadowForceBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/04/03, 07:40 PM   #19
Midnight Ranger
Putty Patroller

Lightspeed wasn't horrible, but it did need some
work. The villians could have had the family ties
that they did in GoGo V, and the Demon Hunter could
have been included. An american made Ranger wasn't a bad idea, but Ryan's character needed to be more developed. And the actress who played Vypra could
have done a better job.
What I liked about the series was the Aquabase, the Joel and Angela(Ms. Fairweather) thing, Kelsey(she's my favorte Lightspeed Ranger, Marina, (I think it
was cool to include a mermaid in the series,) the
Mega Battles, and the lasat few episodes. I also liked the PRLR/PRLG team up, although it wasn't as good as
the PRIS/PRLG and MMPR/ Masked Rider team ups. The one thing about Lightspeed that really burned me up was that it was yanked from Fox before I could get "The Fith Crystal on tape.:-(
Midnight Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/04/03, 07:40 PM   #20
Jason38UK
Comic Relief

Quick Fact :
The Fifth Crystal episode was in memory of Bob Manahan/Zordon.
Post New ThreadReply