Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/22/04, 11:00 PM   #1
LigerZero248
Putty Patroller

Default Forever Red?

I have question. How did Jason and TJ got their morphers back. I thought they got destroyed. Mighty Morphin Red power coin was destroyed and the Turbo Morphers were also destroyed because of the destruction of Command Center by Devatox. I have another question. How come Tommy didn't use his Zeo Morpher in DinoThunder the Zeo Morphers weren't destroyed.
LigerZero248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/22/04, 11:01 PM   #2
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Re: Forever Red?

Its been said that we are supposed to believe that Jason and TJ ( or any other characters that had lost their powers and got them back in forever red) somehow got their powers back at an earlier date. Amit ( the writer of the episode and famous member of the fandom, before he jioned the writing staff) intended us to assume all the ranegr teams were still together somehow. It would have taken to long to exxplain exactly how their powers were restored.

As for why Tommy did now use his zeo morpher? Well the simple answer is that it wouldn't have doen anythign to add to the DinoTunder story. But if you want to discuss why he didn't do it in Canon, the answer is more open ended. We can assume that for some reason Tommy no longer has the zeo ranger V powers for what ever reason. Possibly ( if you go against the assumption Amit wanted about the old ranger teams still being active) Tommy only had his zeo powers back one time only during forever red. In eithe case enough time passed after forever red for tommy to give up or lose his zeo power.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/22/04, 11:06 PM   #3
MiChaos
Power Ranger

When was it ever said the Turbo Powers were destroyed? They demorphed after the Power Chamber was destroyed, and Cassie believed 'Our Powers...their gone.' I believe not. I believe their powers failed, either as a result of the strain of protecting the Rangers through the Power Chamber explosion or because of the loss of Eltare, where the Turbo Powers were based. Because they weren't destroyed, it would explain how TJ and Justin have been able to morph since.
MiChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/22/04, 11:07 PM   #4
LigerZero248
Putty Patroller

so you're saying that TJ and Justin's former cars had the Turbo morphers the whole time. I remember Justin was guest on PP in space and they showed Justin's car escape and went to get Justin.
LigerZero248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/22/04, 11:09 PM   #5
PRangerX
Administrator

Maybe they just needed new morphers to be built but the power stilll exisited.
Old 12/22/09, 11:09 PM   #6
Orange Ranger
Ranger In Training

This is just a flaw in the storyline of how the powers got back. All you need to know is that they got their powers back for this time to fight against the remains of the Machine Empire.
Orange Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/22/09, 11:09 PM   #7
PRangerX
Administrator

This is an old thread. But still a very interesting topic. Since my last post ( which was four years ago lol). I've learned that Amit intended that Jason got his powers back from the Dark Red Ranger . Which is based off of a Comic Book storyline. Where Zedd strals the old Dino Powers and recruits evil teens to fight the Ninja Rangers.

The TJ thing is diffinitly supposed to be tied into how Justin got his powrs back in "True Blue to the Rescue. TJ got the powers from Lightining Cruiser. Just like Justing did from Mountain Blaster. Also the Turbo Powers were never destoryed, just went offline when Eltar was attacked.

The Zeo Crystal was neversaid to be destoryed or depowered . The Turbo Rangers simply stopped using it. In the orginal script for the Turbo Movie, there was supposed to a scene to explain that the Rangers couldn't go back to the Zeo Powers. This was because they already were bonded to the Turbo Powers. While this didn't make it into the movie, it maakes perfect sense. Tommy would n't have been bonded to the Turbo Power once he passed his powers to TJ. So he's be free to use his Zeo powers presumably.

That could be why it was so important for the Rangers to pass their powers on time in "Passing Of the Torch" There probably was a limited window for the team to pass their powers on. So its not a strech that Tommy could have access to it. But sionce no mention of it is made in DinoThunder, something could have happened to cut Tommy off from the power. Especially since Tommy seemed to make it a point to say that the DT team was the last active Power team ( in "Legacy of Power").

In my last post I mentioned that all the old Ranger teams were implied to have been togetehr again, prior to Forever Red. I am no longer sure of that was accurate. But as you can see, there were valid reasons why the Rangers that we did see, had their powers back.
Old 12/22/09, 11:12 PM   #8
Orange Ranger
Ranger In Training

What I wonder is why Rocky didn't come for this episode. Was there some problem with the actor, or would it just not work because he was the red ranger that Jason was playing?

As for why Tommy didn't use his zeo powers is because that this was a new season and there was already a red ranger. That's what I think at least.
Orange Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/22/09, 11:12 PM   #9
PRangerX
Administrator

At the time Steve Cardensas couldn't be reached. But Rocky was never planned on being part of the Red Ranger team. Due to the Jason thing and to the fact that he really wasn't a great Red Ranger. Rocky would have made a cameo as Tommy's butler.
Old 12/22/09, 11:14 PM   #10
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Ranger View Post
As for why Tommy didn't use his zeo powers is because that this was a new season and there was already a red ranger. That's what I think at least.
At the point when it would have been intelligent to use them was before he became a lowly public high school teacher on the island that was being blown up. But you know how Tommy is dumb as a rock with less common sense.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply