Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/21/17, 05:46 PM   #11
MMPR Forever
Power Ranger

Default Re: Power Rangers Ninja Steel: Episode 01 - "Return of the Prism"

Interesting episode. Its the closest to MMPR I have seen in a long time. It still has ways to to go though. I love the new "Bulk and Skull".
MMPR Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/17, 12:52 PM   #12
PRangerX
Administrator

I thought it was a pretty interesting beginning. We got some good character moments and a good introduction to the Ninja Steel plot. Plus it left you wanting more. I admire their ability to get so much in since they only had 20 minutes or so without commericals. I like the sword in the stone type plot with the Rangers being able to get the stones out of the star. The idea of Brody being captured was interesting and makes you feel for the character. It also makes him a good underdog against the villains. I really like Sara and the new Blue Ranger. They already have good chemistry as friends. The new Bulk and Skull characters should be fine.

I did think things were a bit jarring. I mean Brody was captured for like ten years and seemed to be pretty well adjusted. And he suddenly escapes with his friends when the monsters conviently return the Earth. Plus it was pretty rushed how he meets the others and the quickly become Rangers. Friends who didn't seem as shocked as you would think. Especially when the concept of Power Rangers seemed foriegn to them. The villains are the real weakness so far. Just too generic and don't stand out. PR seems to work best with humanoid villains and not ones requiring VAs.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/17, 12:56 PM   #13
Captain Mutiny
Power Ranger

Not bad at all. My only fear is that they are too stuck with the Dino Charge Formula. The Ninja Stars replace the Energems and we seem to have another quest for an mugruffin. We even have another Red Ranger with a missing father. Only this time he also has a lost brother. The premiere had the same formate of the Dino Charge Premiere.
Captain Mutiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/17, 01:01 PM   #14
Rangerlord
Power Ranger

I'm worried were going to get another AU by the end of this. It seems like no one knows Power Rangers Exsist. Besides some ancient legend. And the new Ranger seems surprised at the name.
Rangerlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/17, 01:04 PM   #15
Cameron Sensei
Putty Patroller

Ninja Storm had the urban legend line and created a lot of controversy with it. Yet it ended up being proven to be part of the regular PRU throught DinoThunder and the word of mouth from Doug Sloan.
Cameron Sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/17, 01:06 PM   #16
Rangerlord
Power Ranger

I know. Its just we have got had quite a few AUs in recent years. With RPM and now Dino Charge. And thats not even counting the new movie. Which may not even be part of the PR multiverse.
Rangerlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/17, 04:01 PM   #17
mbozzo
Power Ranger

'Return Of The Prism' is a good way to start the series. We meet the first Red Ninja Steel Ranger in this episode. He seem to die after the fight with the 3 evil aliens. We also meet the 5 core rangers of this series in this episode, even if only 3 of them became rangers. After they did, they were able to defeat the Fearcat monster. It was a pity that he was cheated of becoming a giant. The story continued into the next episode. I can't wait to watch it.
mbozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/17, 06:14 PM   #18
Delta Black
Power Ranger

It did feel rushed with how fast everything happened..Brody was way too confident for someone in captivity and basically worked like a slave. I can't imagine he was allowd much Ninja training. aso it was weird how the other new Rangers just naturally followed him..At least Brody had some Ninja Training as a kid.
Delta Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/17, 06:25 PM   #19
Superstatler
Power Ranger

Why did The villains even keep Brody? It had to be pretty evident he wasn't going to get them the ninja stars after being in captivity so long. Plus they had him doing janitorial work.
Superstatler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/17, 06:30 PM   #20
Space Hero
Ranger In Training

I loved that the show started In space. But like dinoCharge it was a let down since its another Earth based series. Maybe it will all lead into next incarnation since it could be an incarnation of an actual Space Sentai.
Space Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply