Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 08/20/10, 08:00 PM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Do you mind the show staying in New Zealand?

During the first 10 years of Power Rangers, the show was shot in Velenica, California. From year 11-17...production moved to New Zealand. With Saban's buyout of the show...Some people thought that maybe production would return to stateside. But its already been announced that production will resume in New Zealand. Does this dissapoint you?

For nostalgia, I'd love to see filming return to Valencia. But it just isn't realistic. Production is cheaper in NZ. It makes far more sense to shoot there. It also allows them to produce a higher quality show. Since they'd have to cut the budget to shoot in the states. We are getting 40 episodes, so shooting in NZ is important. As long as the writing and acting is good...It doesn't matter where they film. NZ is actually a great place to shoot anyway. It is a good move by Saban Brands to keep production there.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/21/14, 12:34 AM   #2
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Default Re: Do you mind the show staying in New Zealand?

I don't care as long as those idiot Kiwi actors stop doing fake American accents. Either they hire local actors who speak with their natural accent or import actors who can actually speak with an American accent.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/21/14, 12:34 AM   #3
Terry
Putty Patroller

I don't mind where it is filmed although I would prefer it if it was filmed in the US with American actors.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/21/14, 12:34 AM   #4
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
During the first 10 years of Power Rangers, the show was shot in Velenica, California. From year 11-17...production moved to New Zealand. With Saban's buyout of the show...Some people thought that maybe production would return to stateside. But its already been announced that production will resume in New Zealand. Does this dissapoint you?

For nostalgia, I'd love to see filming return to Valencia. But it just isn't realistic. Production is cheaper in NZ. It makes far more sense to shoot there. It also allows them to produce a higher quality show. Since they'd have to cut the budget to shoot in the states. We are getting 40 episodes, so shooting in NZ is important. As long as the writing and acting is good...It doesn't matter where they film. NZ is actually a great place to shoot anyway. It is a good move by Saban Brands to keep production there.
It's Valencia, California by the way but personally I do mind it just for the simple fact that Power Rangers used to be shot in California all the way back to MMPR until the end of Wild Force and it would have made it easier for some people to get to watch them film in some cases.

I do agree that it isn't realistic though since production is cheaper in New Zealand.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/25/17, 06:13 PM   #5
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post

yes it did and still does disappoint me not just because of nostalgia but also because it would've been that much easier to get more actors to return for the pointless and waste-of-space Legendary Battle but I do agree that it makes far more sense for them to film there and yes while we are technically getting 40 episodes we're actually getting them spread over 2 years.

Also to reply to another user it's not the actor's choice on whether they speak with their natural accent or not that is up to the Bosses in charge of the show. I highly doubt New Zealand has a huge supply of actors who can do convincing American accents without ever slipping and the ones who would be skilled at that would be the voice actors who are only there to do voices and not screen roles that and they probably aren't interested in a screen role.
Something else to add is that a business is not going to deny someone from being on the show just because their American accent isn't good that would be an inappropriate suggestion for a business to do.
Old 11/25/17, 07:44 PM   #6
Starlord
Putty Patroller

Power Rangers wouldn't be the first series to feature actors pretending to speak in a different accent than their real ones.
Starlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/25/17, 08:34 PM   #7
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

The show will film in new zealand until they find a cheaper place to film and hire actors from. I am not sure if that place exists right now. Its not Velencia, California. As much as that brings old school fans nostalgia. Believe me it upset me when they moved too. But the show might not have been continued otherwise.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/25/17, 09:00 PM   #8
Psycho Silver
Putty Patroller

New Zealand is actually a great location to shoot from. They got a lot out of Valencia the first ten years! But NZ is actually a better place to film. And more importantly to the owners, much cheaper.
Psycho Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/25/17, 09:44 PM   #9
MattEmily
Administrator

not to mention New Zealand has a lot of different stuff I don't know if it snows there but if they need anything else to try and match the Sentai footage then it's there in New Zealand. They have beaches, they have quarries and things like that and hey if they need a volcano for a scene then they have that too.
Old 11/25/17, 10:53 PM   #10
Blank Ranger
Putty Patroller

I don't care wnere they film, as long as the stories are good
Blank Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply