Power Ranger Online Message Board  

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion > Sailor Moon Kingdom
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/13/14, 11:56 AM   #1
Primal Slayer
Putty Patroller

Default One problem with Viz dub

I just wish that Viz would've given us some original music like the DIC dub did.
Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/13/14, 12:00 PM   #2
B-Kun
Putty Patroller

Default Re: One problem with Viz dub

That kinda would've gone against their mission statement. Anyone who actually expected something along those lines really didn't pay attention when they said That kinda would've gone against their mission statement. Anyone who actually expected something along those lines really didn't pay attention when they said they were going for as accurate a dub as they could. :/ were going for as accurate a dub as they could. :/
B-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/13/14, 12:03 PM   #3
Ocean Blue
Putty Patroller

While I think the DiC dub had some nice music in some places (though it has NOTHING on Arisawa Takanori's legendary score), replacing background music and vocal inserts in anime is generally an artifact of dubbing practices from the 90s and 80s (and earlier, as well). It's not at all how things are done today, and I can assure you that if a modern big anime title had its music changed during the dubbing process, the fans would go insane and the distributing company would probably experience a blow to profits
Ocean Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/13/14, 04:36 PM   #4
Primal Slayer
Putty Patroller

No one expected anything, that's why it's a wish. They still could've given us translated songs, and seeing how they take liberties at time with dialogue I don't think it would've been a big deal. And there is still room to improve where you do it just to make it better, like the attacks are dreadful.

I'm cool with the new dub, but doesn't mean I cant wish for it to be the best of the best.

Just like with Crystal, people want to use "it's following the manga more closely" as an easy way out of them not improving on some things even though they have changed things up to a certain extent.
Primal Slayer is online now Report Post
Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply