Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 02/20/17, 10:41 PM   #11
Captain Mutiny
Power Ranger

Default Re: Concern over the movie hype

I think the movie is five or ten years too early. I don't think PR is where transformers was. It could be someday. I really hope it does end up being now, since I would hate to have to start over again with yet another film franchise. But I have my doubts.
Captain Mutiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/20/17, 10:44 PM   #12
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

I think they have done a great job promoting this thing. The first trailer got people interested and surprised with the Power Rangers twist at the end. The second trailer than embraced that it was Power Rangers and gave us some good character moments. I really think the movie looks good and they have done everything possible to get people hyped. I think the brand will carry things anyway. The movie will be a success!
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/20/17, 10:45 PM   #13
PRangerX
Administrator

I really do hope its a success and know what it can mean for the brand. I just get the sense that might not happen.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/21/17, 01:40 PM   #14
Revenge of the UAE
Comic Relief

I just hope there is a market for an adult Power Rangers movie.
Revenge of the UAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/21/17, 01:42 PM   #15
Space Hero
Ranger In Training

They should have done a Space Movie. The general audience would have related to it better.
Space Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/23/17, 11:48 AM   #16
Zeo Mega
Putty Patroller

Its always hard to tell until a movie comes out. There have been plenty of surprises and disappointments for various movies over box office performance.
Zeo Mega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/26/17, 12:32 PM   #17
PRangerX
Administrator

Its good to see so many tv ads..But I don't think the latest tv spots are going to interest enough of the general movie audience. If I was a non fan I would be confused if this was supposed to be a kids movie. I could also see where some people would think this is a comedy.

The first trailer did a better job of getting people interested in the premise before revealing it was a trailer for a Power Rangers Movie. The next trailer gave us more character moment. But they were too much in the fun and whimsical side of things. The tv spots that have followed have been like the second trailer. I think there needed to be a more balanced approach. Show the audience that this is not a kids movie but still has its fun parts.

The TV spots are too fast past and make the movie look bad. I know you don't want to give away the plot of the movie in the previews, I just think they needed to show more than they did.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/26/17, 12:35 PM   #18
Goldar's Revenge
Power Ranger

Its because they want the movie to fail. Lionsgate isn't behind the property anymore. The promotion has clearly been uneven. The second trailer took this away from the grim and dark approach of the first one, but still does nothing to get the general audience interested. Of course it doesn help that the designs for the Rangers' suits, Villains, and Zords have been horrible.
Goldar's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/26/17, 12:37 PM   #19
Revenge of the UAE
Comic Relief

I don't think they want the movie to fail. Lionsgate wants a film franchise and openly mentioned this. Saban Brands didn't partner with them for nothing. I do wish the second trailer and tv spots were closer to the tone of the teaser.
Revenge of the UAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/26/17, 12:39 PM   #20
Knights of Ren
Comic Relief

This movie should have been marketed like Guardians of the Galaxy . A movie that was an adventure with a sense of adventure. The previews also made you care about the characters. We don't know enough about the new MMPRs. Guardians was a much more obscure property than Power Rangers and wound up doing huge numbers.
Knights of Ren is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply