Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion > VR Troopers Online > VR Troopers Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/16/14, 11:25 PM   #11
Zabitan
Administrator

Default Re: How would Disney have done VR Troopers?

The problem though is that Toei stopped making Metal Hero shows long before Disney owned the rights to VR Troopers so there would be nothing to adapt to make a new VR Troopers.

A new Masked Rider you could do.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/17/14, 12:30 AM   #12
MattEmily
Administrator

true but there's tons of other Metal Heroes that you could adapt. Granted they're all old so they couldn't handle any censoring things by re-shooting stuff except with doing cleverness editing like Saban did with the B-Fighter footage.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/17/14, 11:55 AM   #13
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

Yeah this thread really has too many what ifs. Disney was never gonna adapt Metal Heroes. I just don't see anyway it would have happened. And if it did it would have beeen a different show.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/17/14, 11:57 AM   #14
VR Master
Power Ranger

I would have liked to see them try though. Too bad there is no current Metal Heroes to really adapt.
VR Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/17/14, 03:38 PM   #15
Zabitan
Administrator

There's one off specials like Gokaiger vs Gavan, the new Gavan movie, Super Hero War Z, the new Sharivan movie, and the new Shaider movie.

So best case scenario unless Toei makes new Spielban, and Diana Lady suits is We would get a one off two part special where Ryan would morph into Shaider, and they would have to make new Battle Grid suits and just have a Battle Grid segment for everyone.

Or make JB, and Kaitlin Sharivan, and Gavan.

And most of all it would be Saban brands making it anyway.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/17/14, 05:23 PM   #16
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Ranger View Post
I think you guys arent givening Disney enough credit. They are a huge company. They would have found a way to get it right. Eddie just ruined things with PR. Disney wouldnt have let him touch VR.

And to answer the question, I was talking about when Disney owned PR. I know there would have been known reason for them to adapt Metal Hero in the MMPR years. Long before they thought of buying PR.
Maybe he ruined things to you but not to me. Eddie's version of RPM was awesome the only bad thing about it is that he wanted it to be its own separate thing which isn't what Power Rangers is really supposed to be.

and even in that case I still think Disney would have done the cheap thing and try to keep it as close to the original as possible but again it would probably depend on numerous factors including who they decided to put in charge of it.
Old 12/17/14, 05:25 PM   #17
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabitan View Post
There's one off specials like Gokaiger vs Gavan, the new Gavan movie, Super Hero War Z, the new Sharivan movie, and the new Shaider movie.

So best case scenario unless Toei makes new Spielban, and Diana Lady suits is We would get a one off two part special where Ryan would morph into Shaider, and they would have to make new Battle Grid suits and just have a Battle Grid segment for everyone.

Or make JB, and Kaitlin Sharivan, and Gavan.

And most of all it would be Saban brands making it anyway.
very true they could give Kaitlin previous powers and try to come up with some excuse that makes it possible for Kaitlin and JB to access their Spieilban suits so Professor Hart gives them an upgrade to Sharivan and Gavan suits.
Old 12/17/14, 05:50 PM   #18
Kelly Power
Comic Relief

I'd rather Saban Brands bring back VR Troopers anyway. Too bad it won't happen.
Kelly Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/17/14, 05:55 PM   #19
Disney Ranger
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
Maybe he ruined things to you but not to me. Eddie's version of RPM was awesome the only bad thing about it is that he wanted it to be its own separate thing which isn't what Power Rangers is really supposed to be.

and even in that case I still think Disney would have done the cheap thing and try to keep it as close to the original as possible but again it would probably depend on numerous factors including who they decided to put in charge of it.
He made PR far too serious. I didn't want Terminatior for kids. I wanted a show about teensagers fighting evil. Maybe they work at a garage or something? no future apoclypse bs. The show was the worst Disney season. It was just too dark and serious.
Disney Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/14, 04:17 PM   #20
MattEmily
Administrator

there's nothing wrong with a serious Power Rangers show.
I'd rather have that than a comedic show.

Power Rangers is supposed to be a serious show anyway since it's about a bunch of teenagers becoming heroes risking their lives in order to save their city, the world and/or the universe.
Post New ThreadReply