Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/10/11, 08:52 PM   #1
Orange Ranger
Ranger In Training

Default Who is the Phantom Ranger?

Who is this guy? Why did he help the rangers? Was he Alpha 5 with a serious upgrade? Was he Tommy or Billy in disguise? Is he Zordon's son? Who is the phantom ranger?
Orange Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/10/11, 08:52 PM   #2
PRangerX
Administrator

He was never really meant to have an idenity. Some people think he is the essense of every Ranger combined. Others think he was just some random Ranger. He was obviously a worrier goood that traversed the galaxy to save various planets. Similar to Trey, the Gold Ranger. He diffinitly wasn't Tommy or Billy. I doubt he was Zordon's son. He helped the Rangers to make sure Earth was ok and to give them the Rescue Zords.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/10/11, 08:58 PM   #3
masked rider fearon90
Shadow Ranger

The info I have found suggests that he is from Zordon's home planet and is a type of robot. In Super Sentai, his character is not a real Ranger. Maybe he was a Ranger sent from Zordon's planet, to protect him ( the real reason i don't know). Phantom Ranger
here is some of the info I found (I can't post the link to this website for some reason).

During "The Delta Discovery", it is revealed that Phantom Ranger is likely to be an android or at least a cyborg. On the planet Hercuron, Phantom Ranger suffered a near mortal wound at the hands of Ecliptor while trying to inform the Space Rangers of where Zordon is being held. The Space Rangers come to Phantom's aid and they do battle with Divatox, while the Pink Ranger stays to help Phantom Ranger. Phantom Ranger covers a wound on his torso, with his hand and assures the Pink Ranger that he is okay. He tells the Pink Ranger to join the others. After Pink Ranger leaves, Phantom Ranger collapses, revealing circuitry and wires in his wound. (Although it could just be part of his suit).

The Delta Discovery also marks the only episode to credit Alex Dodd for doing the Phantom Ranger's voice. Until further notice, Mackenzie Hartford ( the Operation Overdrive Red Ranger), is the first non-biological good Ranger. If one doesn't count the robot rangers, who once replaced the Turbo Rangers and then no longer appeared . It was never told what happened to them or the Cyborg Rangers. Who once replaced the Lightspeed Rescue Power Rangers until a malfunction turned them against their creators. In Power Rangers Turbo's Super Sentai counterpart, Gekisou Sentai Carranger, Phantom Ranger's Japaneseequivalent of the "VRV Master" was actually a very minor character and not a ranger at all.

This marks the only time in which a non-Ranger Sentai character has been designated as a Ranger in Power Rangers. It is rumored that in Chase into Space Part 2, during Power Rangers:Turbo that the Messenger from the Cimmerian Planet is the Phantom Ranger in disguise, trying to buy the rangers some time by getting Divatox out of the way.I got this from wikipedia
Old 01/10/11, 08:59 PM   #4
Enforcer1
Shadow Ranger

I never knew who he "really" was, but he could have had such a bigger impact in PRT and PRIS.
Old 01/10/11, 09:00 PM   #5
psychic ranger
Power Ranger

I guess he was there to keep the fans wondering who he was I think he is a robot but I put him as one of my favorite top 5 allies in the whole pru
psychic ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/10/11, 09:19 PM   #6
Orange Ranger
Ranger In Training

Default Who is the Phantom Ranger?

Who is this guy? Why did he help the rangers? Was he Alpha 5 with a serious upgrade? Was he Tommy or Billy in disguise? Is he Zordon's son? Who is the phantom ranger?
Orange Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/09/12, 12:29 AM   #7
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Who is the Phantom Ranger?

We'll perhaps never know who the Phantom was but we can assume 4 things.

1. Dimitria stated they had determined that Eltar is the source of Phantom's power.

2. She believes he may be an Eltarian voyager.

3. The Power Ruby keeps him alive so we can assume that he has to be human or at least some kind of humanoid-like alien or being.

4. Phantom said that he goes where he's needed and he stays as long as he is needed.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/09/12, 02:15 AM   #8
Mad Dragon
Ranger In Training

Yeah... I'd probably be thinking he was a scout/spy or something else from Eltar who possibly worked under Zordon? Probably more likely a friend of Zordon before he got stuck in a Time-Warp.

I wouldn't go as far to say that he is the essence of all the rangers.... That's just unwarranted considering he was a character (and a minor one at that) for 2 out of the 20 series.
Mad Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/09/12, 02:27 AM   #9
MattEmily
Administrator

I agree, in regards to the essence part. I can't see him being the essence of all Rangers either considering Sentai's own warrior like that, AkaRed, he could at least show off that fact because he was the essence of all then-current Red Rangers so he could take on their suits and powers.

However I do believe Zordon and Phantom were close as well. After all, how would info on the Rescuezords and Phantom himself get into the Turbo Megazord's computers? Zordon likely planted them there before he left. Doesn't necessarily mean they were in the computers during the creation of the zords however I do think he planted them there.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/09/12, 03:03 AM   #10
Mad Dragon
Ranger In Training

Yeah. And also the fact that The Phantom Ranger had the Card to the Delta Megaship. If we assume the same with it as what happened with the Mega Voyager and the Astro Megazord, then we can say that Zordon hid the Delta Megaship as well. Considering he gave it to the Phantom Ranger gives a pretty good indication that they were close and that Zordon would trust him with that. Could have been a case of Mentor and underling.. Hell... Zordon was a powerful Wizard He probably did have people doing things for him.
Mad Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply